    and with all other programs, but when I try to use it with Firefox, nothing
    happens.

    Any guidance appreciates.
    Ray, Aug 29, 2005

  2. Ray

    Doug G Guest

    Ray wrote:
    > I'm setting up a new laptop and I want to use Mozilla Firefox as my browser.
    >
    > Problem: The mouse scroll button won't work with Firefox. It works with IE
    > and with all other programs, but when I try to use it with Firefox, nothing
    > happens.
    >
    > Any guidance appreciates.

    Try marking or unmarking the boxes in Tools > Options > Advanced > Browsing.
    Doug G, Aug 29, 2005

  3. Ray

    pochesal Guest

    Tools > Advanced > Browsing

    Tick "Use Autoscrolling".
    pochesal, Aug 29, 2005
  4. Ray

    Bettina Guest

    Thanks Doug -- tried it, it doesn't work. Odd thing is that the scroll was
    working perfectly until today.

    Bettina, Aug 29, 2005
  5. Ray

    Bettina Guest

    Thanks Pochesal --

    Tried it, and it doesn't help. The odd thing is that the scroll was working
    perfectly until this morning, when it suddenly stopped. I get the little
    scroll image, but it won't move up or down.

    As I said, the scroll works in everything else.

    -- Ray (sending from my wife's computer)

    Bettina, Aug 29, 2005
  6. Ray

    VO Guest

    Ray wrote:
    > I'm setting up a new laptop and I want to use Mozilla Firefox as my browser.
    >
    > Problem: The mouse scroll button won't work with Firefox. It works with IE
    > and with all other programs, but when I try to use it with Firefox, nothing
    > happens.
    >
    > Any guidance appreciates.

    Can we assume that you went BACK to OE and it worked?
    Auto scroll, as you found out does not turn mouse on or off.

    On my system if I restart Xp and go to FFox, I have to press the scroll
    wheel on the mouse to activate the mouse.

    I have tried every which way to DE-ACTIVATE scroll in FFox and can't.

    Of course I do not have a MicroSoft Mouse :>)
    VO, Aug 29, 2005
  7. Ray

    Bettina Guest

    Yes, I did go back to both IE and OE, and the scroll works fine. Likewise
    with all other programs on the loptop, such as MSWORD documents.

    Firefox is the only program where it doesn't work.

    It's not a mouse, by the way, but a touchpad with the verticle and
    horizontal scrolls at the side and bottom.

    It was working fine until yesterday.

    Something tells me this is a Firefox problem, not my mousepad.

    Bettina, Aug 30, 2005
  8. Ray

    VO Guest

    Bettina wrote:
    > Yes, I did go back to both IE and OE, and the scroll works fine. Likewise
    > with all other programs on the loptop, such as MSWORD documents.
    >
    > Firefox is the only program where it doesn't work.
    >
    > It's not a mouse, by the way, but a touchpad with the verticle and
    > horizontal scrolls at the side and bottom.
    >
    > It was working fine until yesterday.
    >
    > Something tells me this is a Firefox problem, not my mousepad.
    >
    > "VO" <here@there> wrote in message news:431348FC.7000500@there...
    >
    >>Ray wrote:
    >>
    >>>I'm setting up a new laptop and I want to use Mozilla Firefox as my
    >>>browser.
    >>>
    >>>Problem: The mouse scroll button won't work with Firefox. It works with
    >>>IE
    >>>and with all other programs, but when I try to use it with Firefox,
    >>>nothing
    >>>happens.
    >>>
    >>>Any guidance appreciates.
    >>>

    >>Can we assume that you went BACK to OE and it worked?
    >>Auto scroll, as you found out does not turn mouse on or off.
    >>
    >>On my system if I restart Xp and go to FFox, I have to press the scroll
    >>wheel on the mouse to activate the mouse.
    >>
    >>I have tried every which way to DE-ACTIVATE scroll in FFox and can't.
    >>
    >>Of course I do not have a MicroSoft Mouse :>)

    Do you run Xp?

    If so, have you tried going back two days? You wont lose data.
    VO, Aug 30, 2005
  9. Ray

    Zane)

    Joined:
    Sep 14, 2007
    Messages:
    2
    I am sufferring from this same problem.

    Seeing as this topic is the top Google topic for "mousepad scroll wont work in Firefox", I would have thought there might be an answer...

    I'm using an HP Compaq Nw8000 and have exactly the same problem.
    Zane), Sep 14, 2007
  10. Ray

    Zane)

    Joined:
    Sep 14, 2007
    Messages:
    2
    Fixed - mouspad scroll wont work in Firefox

    OK - I've fixed it, and I'm much happier now.

    I had the latest drivers from the HP site, but I just downloaded & installed the drivers from here: http://www.synaptics.com/support/drive.cfm and now I'm a happy chappy scrolling around like a mad man!

    I hope this helps someone else out!

    ZaneO
    Zane), Sep 14, 2007