Scripting in Microsoft Outlook 2003

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by dwacon, Jun 8, 2005.

  1. dwacon

    dwacon Guest

    I have SpamSource installed in my instance of Microsoft Outlook 2003.
    SpamPal tags spam and my rules send all tagged items to a junk folder. I
    then select them, click the SpamSource button on the toolbar, and then
    delete.

    I would like to automate that process... run SpamSource reporting on them,
    then delete without me ever seeing them. I figure I can write a script but
    get a GPF in Outlook when doing the ALT+F11 and then trying to navigate to
    another window. Any ideas on making this work?

    Thanks!

    ---
    She showed him what the doctor saw...
    http://www.dwacon.com

    ---
    Virus Database (VPS): 0523-4, 06/08/2005
    Tested on: 6/8/2005 4:52:42 PM

    dwacon, Jun 8, 2005

  2. dwacon

    Plato Guest

    dwacon wrote:

    > I have SpamSource installed in my instance of Microsoft Outlook 2003.
    > SpamPal tags spam and my rules send all tagged items to a junk folder. I

    Why do you bother downloading spam in the first place?

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Jun 8, 2005

  3. dwacon

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Why send them to the junk folder. Just send then directly to the deleted
    items, change your filter.

    pcbutts1, Jun 8, 2005
  4. dwacon

    Sultan Guest

    "dwacon" <> wrote in

    > I have SpamSource installed in my instance of Microsoft Outlook 2003.
    > SpamPal tags spam and my rules send all tagged items to a junk folder.
    > I then select them, click the SpamSource button on the toolbar, and
    > then delete.
    >
    > I would like to automate that process... run SpamSource reporting on
    > them, then delete without me ever seeing them. I figure I can write a
    > script but get a GPF in Outlook when doing the ALT+F11 and then trying
    > to navigate to another window. Any ideas on making this work?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >

    > ---
    > She showed him what the doctor saw...
    > http://www.dwacon.com
    >

    > ---
    > Virus Database (VPS): 0523-4, 06/08/2005
    > Tested on: 6/8/2005 4:52:42 PM

    Why not create an rule that deletes anything sent to the junk folder?
    Better yet give SpamBayes a try instead - I think the new version will
    do what you want and it is freeware.

    --

    Sultan

    Sultan, Jun 9, 2005