    and nothing happened. Can someone please explain what's happening and
    what I can do to remedy? Thanks in advance.

    , Aug 29, 2004

  2. Duane Arnold Guest

    wrote in news::

    > OS: Win2000
    > Scanner: HP3570C usb
    > It worked before, but now when I double click on my scanner icon I get
    > the following message:
    >
    > "An error has occured in the script on this page
    >
    > Line: 114
    > Char: 2
    > Error Library: Not registered
    > Code: 0
    > URL File: //c:\Program
    > Files\Hewlitt-Packard\DigitalImaging\bbfe\director\director.htm
    >
    > Do you want to continue running script?"
    >
    > I clicked "yes", but nothing happened. I rebooted and clicked "no"
    > and nothing happened. Can someone please explain what's happening and
    > what I can do to remedy? Thanks in advance.

    At line 114 in the script, there is an error. *Error Library: some
    program element the script is looking for is not there* NOT registered in
    the Registry of the O/S.

    The script has terminated at that point. The script is not working and
    even if you told it to continue, it has had a fatal error and is not
    going to work.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Aug 29, 2004

  3. Guest

    Is there anything I can do to "fix" the script?

    On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 17:40:27 GMT, Duane Arnold <>
    wrote:

    > wrote in news::
    >
    >> OS: Win2000
    >> Scanner: HP3570C usb
    >> It worked before, but now when I double click on my scanner icon I get
    >> the following message:
    >>
    >> "An error has occured in the script on this page
    >>
    >> Line: 114
    >> Char: 2
    >> Error Library: Not registered
    >> Code: 0
    >> URL File: //c:\Program
    >> Files\Hewlitt-Packard\DigitalImaging\bbfe\director\director.htm
    >>
    >> Do you want to continue running script?"
    >>
    >> I clicked "yes", but nothing happened. I rebooted and clicked "no"
    >> and nothing happened. Can someone please explain what's happening and
    >> what I can do to remedy? Thanks in advance.
    >>

    >At line 114 in the script, there is an error. *Error Library: some
    >program element the script is looking for is not there* NOT registered in
    >the Registry of the O/S.
    >
    >The script has terminated at that point. The script is not working and
    >even if you told it to continue, it has had a fatal error and is not
    >going to work.
    >
    >Duane :)

    , Aug 29, 2004
  4. Guest

    I've uninstalled and reinstalled the scanner software twice already.

    On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 20:48:37 +0200, Ingeborg <-> wrote:

    > wrote in news::
    >
    >> Is there anything I can do to "fix" the script?
    >>

    >> On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 17:40:27 GMT, Duane Arnold <>
    >> wrote:

    >>>At line 114 in the script, there is an error. *Error Library: some
    >>>program element the script is looking for is not there* NOT registered
    >>>in the Registry of the O/S.
    >>>
    >>>The script has terminated at that point. The script is not working and
    >>>even if you told it to continue, it has had a fatal error and is not
    >>>going to work.
    >>>
    >>>Duane :)

    >Reinstall the scanner software

    , Aug 29, 2004
  5. Ingeborg Guest

    Ingeborg, Aug 29, 2004
  6. Duane Arnold Guest

    wrote in news::

    > I've uninstalled and reinstalled the scanner software twice already.

    You should be able to contact the manufacturer of the scanner Tech Support;
    there is most likely a fix or workaround for the problem.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Aug 29, 2004
  7. Ingeborg Guest

    wrote in news::

    > c:\Program

    Open the file "c:\Program Files\Hewlitt-Packard\DigitalImaging\bbfe
    \director\director.htm" with notepad. Goto line 114 (Ctrl-G 114)

    What's in this line?

    Ingeborg, Aug 29, 2004
  8. °Mike° Guest

    Control Panel / Internet Options / Advanced tab.
    Check 'Disable script debugging'.
    Uncheck 'Display a notification about every script error'.

    On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 17:23:37 GMT, in
    <>
    scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Aug 29, 2004
  9. Duane Arnold Guest

    °Mike° <> wrote in news:414933e9.24874453
    @localhost.dot.net:

    > Control Panel / Internet Options / Advanced tab.
    > Check 'Disable script debugging'.
    > Uncheck 'Display a notification about every script error'.

    Mike that is not going to fix the OP's problem. There is a program element
    the script is looking for in the registry and it's not there and the script
    is having a fatal program error.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Aug 29, 2004
  10. WormWood Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > OS: Win2000
    > Scanner: HP3570C usb
    > It worked before, but now when I double click on my scanner icon I get
    > the following message:
    >
    > "An error has occured in the script on this page
    >
    > Line: 114
    > Char: 2
    > Error Library: Not registered
    > Code: 0
    > URL File: //c:\Program
    > Files\Hewlitt-Packard\DigitalImaging\bbfe\director\director.htm
    >
    > Do you want to continue running script?"
    >
    > I clicked "yes", but nothing happened. I rebooted and clicked "no"
    > and nothing happened. Can someone please explain what's happening and
    > what I can do to remedy? Thanks in advance.

    If you will take closer note of the error message, what do you see?

    Your scanner's *.exe file is trying to load the url of a file on the
    hdd which may or may not exist:
    <Hewlitt-Packard\DigitalImaging\bbfe\director\director.htm

    Do a Start / Search for a file named director.htm and if found, rename
    it to director.ht_ , *****then follow °Mike°'s instructions exactly and
    reboot.

    If 'no go', right click on the scanner's launch file (*.exe) in Windows
    Explorer and create a new shortcut. (I would try this first.) Good luck!

    WormWood, Aug 30, 2004
  11. WormWood Guest

    "WormWood" <jojo@..com-de-com.com> wrote in message

    > <> wrote in message
    > > OS: Win2000
    > > Scanner: HP3570C usb
    > > It worked before, but now when I double click on my scanner icon I

    get
    > > the following message:
    > >
    > > "An error has occured in the script on this page
    > >
    > > Line: 114
    > > Char: 2
    > > Error Library: Not registered
    > > Code: 0
    > > URL File: //c:\Program
    > > Files\Hewlitt-Packard\DigitalImaging\bbfe\director\director.htm
    > >
    > > Do you want to continue running script?"
    > >
    > > I clicked "yes", but nothing happened. I rebooted and clicked "no"
    > > and nothing happened. Can someone please explain what's happening

    and
    > > what I can do to remedy? Thanks in advance.
    > >

    > If you will take closer note of the error message, what do you see?
    >
    > Your scanner's *.exe file is trying to load the url of a file on the
    > hdd which may or may not exist:
    > <Hewlitt-Packard\DigitalImaging\bbfe\director\director.htm
    >
    > Do a Start / Search for a file named director.htm and if found, rename
    > it to director.ht_ , *****then follow °Mike°'s instructions exactly

    and
    > reboot.
    >
    > If 'no go', right click on the scanner's launch file (*.exe) in

    Windows
    > Explorer and create a new shortcut. (I would try this first.) Good

    luck!

    Oops! When making a new shortcut, rt.click on the scanner's existing
    icon in Windows Explorer. Check out the properties to ensure it shows
    the correct path.

    WormWood, Aug 30, 2004
  12. WormWood Guest

    "Duane Arnold" <> wrote in message
    > °Mike° <> wrote in news:414933e9.24874453
    > @localhost.dot.net:
    >
    > > Control Panel / Internet Options / Advanced tab.
    > > Check 'Disable script debugging'.
    > > Uncheck 'Display a notification about every script error'.
    > >

    > Mike that is not going to fix the OP's problem. There is a program

    element
    > the script is looking for in the registry and it's not there and the

    script
    > is having a fatal program error.

    Why do you think there is a script in the registry causing the problem?

    'Error Library: Not registered Code: 0'
    simply means there is no error code to match this particular error.

    WormWood, Aug 30, 2004
  13. °Mike° Guest

    On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 01:38:24 -0400, in
    <>
    WormWood scrawled:

    >"Duane Arnold" <> wrote in message
    >> °Mike° <> wrote in news:414933e9.24874453
    >> @localhost.dot.net:
    >>
    >> > Control Panel / Internet Options / Advanced tab.
    >> > Check 'Disable script debugging'.
    >> > Uncheck 'Display a notification about every script error'.
    >> >

    >> Mike that is not going to fix the OP's problem. There is a
    >> program element the script is looking for in the registry and
    >> it's not there and the script is having a fatal program error.
    >>

    >Why do you think there is a script in the registry causing the problem?

    Duane is a grinning idiot who's not capable of thinking.

    <snip>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Aug 30, 2004
  14. Duane Arnold, the blackguardly, hot-headed vomit, and herbalist, puffed:

    >> OS: Win2000
    >> Scanner: HP3570C usb
    >> It worked before, but now when I double click on my scanner icon I
    >> get the following message:
    >>
    >> "An error has occured in the script on this page
    >>
    >> Line: 114
    >> Char: 2
    >> Error Library: Not registered
    >> Code: 0
    >> URL File: //c:\Program
    >> Files\Hewlitt-Packard\DigitalImaging\bbfe\director\director.htm
    >>
    >> Do you want to continue running script?"
    >>
    >> I clicked "yes", but nothing happened. I rebooted and clicked "no"
    >> and nothing happened. Can someone please explain what's happening
    >> and what I can do to remedy? Thanks in advance.
    >>

    > At line 114 in the script, there is an error. *Error Library: some
    > program element the script is looking for is not there* NOT
    > registered in the Registry of the O/S.
    >
    > The script has terminated at that point. The script is not working and
    > even if you told it to continue, it has had a fatal error and is not
    > going to work.
    >
    > Duane :)

    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! You fucking, stupidly grinning, hooflike,
    mop-headed horse.

    --
    You misconstruing, dread-bolted, self-opinionated gallows bird.

    Akhen-messes-en-senwy XIII, Aug 30, 2004
  15. WormWood Guest

    "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 01:38:24 -0400, in
    > <>
    > WormWood scrawled:
    >

    > >"Duane Arnold" <> wrote in message
    > >> °Mike° <> wrote in news:414933e9.24874453
    > >> @localhost.dot.net:

    > >> Mike that is not going to fix the OP's problem. There is a
    > >> program element the script is looking for in the registry and
    > >> it's not there and the script is having a fatal program error.
    > >>

    > >Why do you think there is a script in the registry causing the

    problem?

    > Duane is a grinning idiot who's not capable of thinking.
    >
    > <snip>

    I seem to have observed something along those same lines.

    WormWood, Aug 30, 2004
  16. Duane Arnold Guest

    "WormWood" <jojo@..com-de-com.com> wrote in news:86ydnSFBh93TIK_cRVn-
    :

    > "Duane Arnold" <> wrote in message
    >> °Mike° <> wrote in news:414933e9.24874453
    >> @localhost.dot.net:
    >>
    >> > Control Panel / Internet Options / Advanced tab.
    >> > Check 'Disable script debugging'.
    >> > Uncheck 'Display a notification about every script error'.
    >> >

    >> Mike that is not going to fix the OP's problem. There is a program

    > element
    >> the script is looking for in the registry and it's not there and the

    > script
    >> is having a fatal program error.
    >>

    > Why do you think there is a script in the registry causing the problem?
    >
    > 'Error Library: Not registered Code: 0'
    > simply means there is no error code to match this particular error.

    I don't see how you think that some script was running in some registry.
    The script was looking for someting to be registerd that was not there. I
    only went by what the OP's intications were as he continued the
    execuition of the script and it didn't work, even after the OP uninstlled
    and reinstalled the application.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Aug 30, 2004
  17. Duane Arnold Guest

    "Akhen-messes-en-senwy XIII" <akhen-messes-en-
    le-ejaculation> wrote in

    > BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! You fucking, stupidly grinning, hooflike,
    > mop-headed horse.

    Post the list of words that are going to make you have a *fit*.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Aug 30, 2004
  18. na Guest

    Duane Arnold wrote:

    >> BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! You fucking, stupidly grinning, hooflike,
    >> mop-headed horse.
    >>

    > Post the list of words that are going to make you have a *fit*.
    >
    > Duane :)

    Nothing will change the fact that you're a grinning idiot.

    --
    You beady-eying, pitiable, low-budget clitoris.

    na, Aug 30, 2004
  19. Duane Arnold Guest

    °Mike° <> wrote in news:4132c511.31351734
    @localhost.dot.net:

    > On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 01:38:24 -0400, in
    > <>
    > WormWood scrawled:
    >

    >>"Duane Arnold" <> wrote in message
    >>> °Mike° <> wrote in news:414933e9.24874453
    >>> @localhost.dot.net:

    >>> Mike that is not going to fix the OP's problem. There is a
    >>> program element the script is looking for in the registry and
    >>> it's not there and the script is having a fatal program error.
    >>>

    >>Why do you think there is a script in the registry causing the problem?

    > Duane is a grinning idiot who's not capable of thinking.
    >
    > <snip>

    So he turns off script debugging and the message doesn't show. I doubt
    that is going to correct the OP's problem. The OP indicates that he has
    uninstalled the application and reinstalled it and that didn't correct
    the problem and the script problem was not there before, which the
    application was running with debugging enabled and there was no problem.

    There was no putdown to you but if you insist upon slinging some dirt,
    then we can certainly go in that direction.

    :) is just part of my signature that I have used for sometime. I wouldn't
    think it would make you have some kind of a *fit*.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Aug 30, 2004
  20. Duane Arnold Guest

    > Oops! When making a new shortcut, rt.click on the scanner's existing
    > icon in Windows Explorer. Check out the properties to ensure it shows
    > the correct path.

    I see that you no nothing about object programming. The IE debugger was
    enabled prior to the OP having the problem and the application was running
    with no errors. There are many program elements that a script will use.
    Something the script is trying to execute is having problems and brought the
    scripting code to the error message, which is an *unhandled error message*
    and indicates that the script has basically terminated. Until it is
    determined as to what is bringing the script code to that section of the
    code and it has been resolved, nothing at the machine level is going to
    correct the situation.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Aug 30, 2004