    I will gladly pay you Tuesday
    for a trepanation today.
    Clean them demons RIGHT out.

    HellPope Huey, Aug 16, 2005

  2. HellPope Huey

    Moz Champion Guest

    HellPope Huey wrote:

    > What's the deal with Macromedia Flash scripts slowing Firefox down? I
    > get random messages that a script is "slowing the computer down and that
    > it may become unresponsive." It even crashed everything once, which is
    > unheard of in Mac OS X! Flash has been a pain in the butt at strange
    > intervals, even back when I was using Windows. Anyone encounter this
    > besides me? Thanks.
    >
    > --
    >
    > HPH
    > I will gladly pay you Tuesday
    > for a trepanation today.
    > Clean them demons RIGHT out.

    What version of Macromedia Flash are you running? What version of OS X?
    Doesnt sound like a Firefox problem tho, its either a macromedia or a
    system issue.

    Moz Champion, Aug 16, 2005

  3. Moz Champion wrote:
    > HellPope Huey wrote:
    > >>

    >> What's the deal with Macromedia Flash scripts slowing Firefox down? I
    >> get random messages that a script is "slowing the computer down and
    >> that it may become unresponsive." It even crashed everything once,
    >> which is unheard of in Mac OS X! Flash has been a pain in the butt at
    >> strange intervals, even back when I was using Windows. Anyone
    >> encounter this besides me? Thanks.

    > Doesnt sound like a Firefox problem tho, its either a macromedia or a
    > system issue.

    I believe its v.6 and I am in OS X 10.2.

    You are almost certainly correct. I am of the opinion that Macromedia
    is the Microsoft of graphics viewers. Its like the VHS tape winning out
    over the more crisp, compact Beta format. You saw Beta in TV stations,
    but not in most consumer's homes. VHS got forced through for financial
    reasons, not design superiority.

    Flash has some great features, but it just doesn't seem to play well
    with others as it should. The next logical step is to seek out the
    latest Flash version and see if an upgrade addresses this clunkiness, as
    the Mac runs like a champ otherwise. Firefox behaves too well in all
    other areas to be the likely culprit, either. Thanks.

    HPH

    HellPope Huey, Aug 16, 2005
  4. HellPope Huey

    Ed Mullen Guest

    HellPope Huey wrote:
    > Moz Champion wrote:
    >
    >> HellPope Huey wrote:
    >> >>

    >>> What's the deal with Macromedia Flash scripts slowing Firefox down?
    >>> I get random messages that a script is "slowing the computer down and
    >>> that it may become unresponsive." It even crashed everything once,
    >>> which is unheard of in Mac OS X! Flash has been a pain in the butt at
    >>> strange intervals, even back when I was using Windows. Anyone
    >>> encounter this besides me? Thanks.

    >> Doesnt sound like a Firefox problem tho, its either a macromedia or a
    >> system issue.

    > I believe its v.6 and I am in OS X 10.2.
    >
    > You are almost certainly correct. I am of the opinion that Macromedia
    > is the Microsoft of graphics viewers. Its like the VHS tape winning out
    > over the more crisp, compact Beta format. You saw Beta in TV stations,
    > but not in most consumer's homes. VHS got forced through for financial
    > reasons, not design superiority.
    >
    > Flash has some great features, but it just doesn't seem to play well
    > with others as it should. The next logical step is to seek out the
    > latest Flash version and see if an upgrade addresses this clunkiness, as
    > the Mac runs like a champ otherwise. Firefox behaves too well in all
    > other areas to be the likely culprit, either. Thanks.
    >
    > HPH

    Small note: The consumer "Beta" (full name - Betamax) shared a few
    similarities to the broadcast cassette standard (full name - Betacam).
    Two very different and incompatible animals. To quote:

    "On a technical level, they are similar in that both share the same
    videocassette shape, and both record linear audiotracks on the same
    location of the videotape. But in the key area of video recording,
    Betacam and Betamax are completely different. (Unlike Betamax, Betacam
    uses a component-video encoding system.)" - source
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betamax

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, Aug 16, 2005
  5. HellPope Huey

    Moz Champion Guest

    HellPope Huey wrote:
    > Moz Champion wrote:
    >
    >> HellPope Huey wrote:
    >> >>

    >>> What's the deal with Macromedia Flash scripts slowing Firefox down?
    >>> I get random messages that a script is "slowing the computer down and
    >>> that it may become unresponsive." It even crashed everything once,
    >>> which is unheard of in Mac OS X! Flash has been a pain in the butt at
    >>> strange intervals, even back when I was using Windows. Anyone
    >>> encounter this besides me? Thanks.

    >> Doesnt sound like a Firefox problem tho, its either a macromedia or a
    >> system issue.

    > I believe its v.6 and I am in OS X 10.2.
    >
    > You are almost certainly correct. I am of the opinion that Macromedia
    > is the Microsoft of graphics viewers. Its like the VHS tape winning out
    > over the more crisp, compact Beta format. You saw Beta in TV stations,
    > but not in most consumer's homes. VHS got forced through for financial
    > reasons, not design superiority.
    >
    > Flash has some great features, but it just doesn't seem to play well
    > with others as it should. The next logical step is to seek out the
    > latest Flash version and see if an upgrade addresses this clunkiness, as
    > the Mac runs like a champ otherwise. Firefox behaves too well in all
    > other areas to be the likely culprit, either. Thanks.
    >
    > HPH

    For what its worth, I'm using Flash version 6. and am experiencing no
    problems OS 10.2.8

    Moz Champion, Aug 16, 2005