    SCREW THEM!!!!!
    I have to wait another 7-10 days for my order going UPS GROUND!!!
    I thought i would give them another change but this is the end

    Film Buff, Dec 29, 2003

  2. Film Buff

    TCS Guest

    On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 16:18:29 -0600, Film Buff <> wrote:
    >Well guys, DVD PLANETdid it again
    >Looking at their site it appears they changed their shipping to go either USPS or AIRBORNE so
    >I placed an order for 18 DVD's before Christmas knowing they would not ship
    >until this week.
    >As per their web site I requested 2nd day shipping so I could possibly have them to watch on New Year's Day or the weekend
    >Well - I called today to check on the order and GUESS WHAT!
    >They are shipping it UPS GROUND instead of the shipping method I requested
    >They stated it is their policy to ship all large orders UPS GROUND so they can track it no matter what the customer requests
    >I told them they can track it with 2nd day AIRBORNE as per their site - but they said it is the warehouse's policy to ship
    >all large orders UPS GROUND
    >SCREW THEM!!!!!
    >I have to wait another 7-10 days for my order going UPS GROUND!!!
    >I thought i would give them another change but this is the end

    oh, you poor baby!

    TCS, Dec 29, 2003

  3. In article <>,
    Film Buff <> wrote:

    > They are shipping it UPS GROUND instead of the shipping method I requested
    > They stated it is their policy to ship all large orders UPS GROUND so they
    > can track it no matter what the customer requests

    That's a lie! Who do you work for?

    Urra Dipschitt, Dec 29, 2003
  4. Film Buff

    Stan Brown Guest

    In article <> in
    alt.video.dvd, Film Buff wrote:
    >Well guys, DVD PLANETdid it again
    >Looking at their site it appears they changed their shipping to go either USPS or AIRBORNE so
    >I placed an order for 18 DVD's before Christmas knowing they would not ship
    >until this week.
    >As per their web site I requested 2nd day shipping so I could possibly have them to watch on New Year's Day or the weekend
    >Well - I called today to check on the order and GUESS WHAT!
    >They are shipping it UPS GROUND instead of the shipping method I requested

    This is typical for Deep Discount DVD, which seems to have acquired
    (or been acquired by) DVD Planet: you select and pay for upgraded
    shipping, and they ship it the cheap way.

    They've been doing this since at least May 2001, when they did it
    to me, so evidently they find the extra revenue compensates for
    dealing with pissed-off customers.

    http://OakRoadSystems.com

    Stan Brown, Dec 30, 2003
  5. Film Buff

    Evil Guest

    Film Buff <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Well guys, DVD PLANETdid it again
    > Looking at their site it appears they changed their shipping to go either USPS or AIRBORNE so
    > I placed an order for 18 DVD's before Christmas knowing they would not ship
    > until this week.
    > As per their web site I requested 2nd day shipping so I could possibly have them to watch on New Year's Day or the weekend
    > Well - I called today to check on the order and GUESS WHAT!
    > They are shipping it UPS GROUND instead of the shipping method I requested
    > They stated it is their policy to ship all large orders UPS GROUND so they can track it no matter what the customer requests
    > I told them they can track it with 2nd day AIRBORNE as per their site - but they said it is the warehouse's policy to ship
    > all large orders UPS GROUND
    > SCREW THEM!!!!!
    > I have to wait another 7-10 days for my order going UPS GROUND!!!
    > I thought i would give them another change but this is the end

    use DVDPacific.com. They send all orders of more than 3 titles via
    Priority Mail (smaller orders via 1st class, i think). the shipping
    may cost more, but it always takes 2 days to get to me (They're in
    Fla, i'm in Az).

    dvdpacific also has absolutely phenomenal customer service and has
    totally won me over. i research titles on other sites but always
    order from dvdpacific.

    -goro-

    Evil, Dec 31, 2003
  6. Film Buff

    Jordan Lund Guest

    Stan Brown <> wrote in message news:<>...

    > This is typical for Deep Discount DVD, which seems to have acquired
    > (or been acquired by) DVD Planet: you select and pay for upgraded
    > shipping, and they ship it the cheap way.
    >
    > They've been doing this since at least May 2001, when they did it
    > to me, so evidently they find the extra revenue compensates for
    > dealing with pissed-off customers.

    Probably a dumb question, but isn't this illegal? I mean, if you pay
    for a service and are given a down-graded service without compensation
    that's theft isn't it?

    - Jordan

    Jordan Lund, Dec 31, 2003
  7. Film Buff

    Film Buff Guest

    DeeP Discount and DVD Planet are owned by the same company
    Both of their offices and Personnel are in tghe same building.
    Sometrimes they will get confused and answer the phone with the other company's name.
    On my last order I tried tro explain to them that their web page stes fior 3 or more DVD's they send PRIORITY
    MAIL
    I was told by the Supervisor - Jason (the ASSHOLE) - that it does not matter what their webpage states they are going to send UPS GROUND
    so they can track the DVD's. They have lost too many DVD"s in the mail and it is not going to happen anymore
    and if I do not like this policy then don't place anymore orders with them or DeepDiscount
    I just wish That I could talk to the company president but he probly doesn't give a damn either

    Film Buff, Dec 31, 2003
  8. Film Buff

    Stan Brown Guest

    In article <> in
    alt.video.dvd, Jordan Lund wrote:
    >Stan Brown <> wrote in message news:<>...
    >
    >> This is typical for Deep Discount DVD, which seems to have acquired
    >> (or been acquired by) DVD Planet: you select and pay for upgraded
    >> shipping, and they ship it the cheap way.
    >>
    >> They've been doing this since at least May 2001, when they did it
    >> to me, so evidently they find the extra revenue compensates for
    >> dealing with pissed-off customers.

    >Probably a dumb question, but isn't this illegal? I mean, if you pay
    >for a service and are given a down-graded service without compensation
    >that's theft isn't it?

    I don't know that it's theft, necessarily; but it's would seem to be
    a deceptive trade practice. Given how long they've been doing it,
    despite complaints, they can hardly argue that it's an innocent
    mistake.

    But when they did this to me (and to others, as far as I've heard),
    they did remit the wrong charge when asked. Under those
    circumstances I doubt a prosecution would succeed.

    http://OakRoadSystems.com

    Stan Brown, Jan 1, 2004
  9. Film Buff

    Pumping Ice Guest

    "Film Buff" <> wrote in message

    > I told them they can track it with 2nd day AIRBORNE as per their site -

    but they said it is the warehouse's policy to ship
    > all large orders UPS GROUND
    > SCREW THEM!!!!!
    > I have to wait another 7-10 days for my order going UPS GROUND!!!
    > I thought i would give them another change but this is the end

    I can't help you with DVD Planet, but I know from experience that sending
    something Second Day or Next Day Air with Airborne is nearly equivalent to
    sending something by UPS Ground. I know you feel cheated, and you probably
    were, but UPS is the superior provider and chances are excellent that your
    package will end up at your address in tact and in great condition as
    opposed to how it normally ends up after going through Airborne's processes.

    ----------------------------------
    ICEBREAKER
    "You don't want to beat me or screw me? What kind of a marriage is this?
    Bring a book."

    Pumping Ice, Jan 1, 2004
  10. Pumping Ice <> wrote:

    > "Film Buff" <> wrote in message
    >
    > > I told them they can track it with 2nd day AIRBORNE as per their site -

    > but they said it is the warehouse's policy to ship
    > > all large orders UPS GROUND
    > > SCREW THEM!!!!!
    > > I have to wait another 7-10 days for my order going UPS GROUND!!!
    > > I thought i would give them another change but this is the end

    > I can't help you with DVD Planet, but I know from experience that sending
    > something Second Day or Next Day Air with Airborne is nearly equivalent to
    > sending something by UPS Ground. I know you feel cheated, and you probably
    > were, but UPS is the superior provider and chances are excellent that your
    > package will end up at your address in tact and in great condition as
    > opposed to how it normally ends up after going through Airborne's processes.

    I've never been able to tell the difference between UPS and USPS in
    terms of what condition a package arrives in (have had negative
    experiences with both). I do know that first class and/or priority mail
    is certainly faster than UPS ground.

    I'd take Fedex any day. Or Airborne.

    Frank Malczewski, Jan 1, 2004
  11. Film Buff wrote:

    > Well guys, DVD PLANETdid it again

    [...]
    > SCREW THEM!!!!!

    [...]
    > I thought i would give them another change but this is the end

    You are J. Alfred Prufrock and I claim my £5.

    See <http://google.com/groups?
    threadm=1j3mov00btourndjonb2v037bkb9mvrto9%404ax.com&rnum=1> for the
    previous "I am thru with [DVD Planet]" post.

    doug

    --

    Speak in extremes; it'll save you time...

    Douglas Bailey, Jan 3, 2004