    stu Guest

    I need some freeware so i can make multipule screenshot's for tutorials, can
    anyone point me in te right direction thxs for your time

    stu, Nov 25, 2004

  2. stu

    uker Guest

    >I need some freeware so i can make multipule screenshot's for tutorials,
    >can
    > anyone point me in te right direction thxs for your time

    Print Key

    uker, Nov 25, 2004

  3. stu

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "stu" <> wrote in message
    |I need some freeware so i can make multipule screenshot's for tutorials,
    can
    | anyone point me in te right direction thxs for your time

    Press the Print Screen key. Open MS Paint (or other graphics editor). Create
    a blank document the size of your display resolution (800x600, 1024x768,
    etc.). Paste your screen capture into the new blank document.

    If you only want the active window, press alt-prt scrn, and do the same as
    above.

    I use an old version of Photoshop (PS LE, a light edition of version PS v.3)
    and when I do a "File New" it automatically creates the blank document the
    same size as my screen capture.

    Good luck with the tutorial! I do a bit of that myself sometimes.

    Toolman Tim, Nov 25, 2004
  4. stu

    HOIB Guest

    "stu" <> wrote in message
    > I need some freeware so i can make multipule screenshot's for tutorials,

    can
    > anyone point me in te right direction thxs for your time

    I would try and get a copy of SnagIt. It isn't freeware but it's one of the
    best I've used and the price for all this functionality is extremely
    reasonable. See more at: http://www.techsmith.com/products/snagit/

    Hoib

    HOIB, Nov 25, 2004
  5. stu wrote:

    > I need some freeware so i can make multipule screenshot's for tutorials, can
    > anyone point me in te right direction thxs for your time

    MWsnap is a very nicely featured freeware screenshot utility. Sure, you
    can use your PrntScrn key. This is better -- kind of like the difference
    between writing with a stick in the dirt or a word processor. :)

    http://www.mirekw.com/winfreeware/mwsnap.html

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Play Zork: http://www.xs4all.nl/~pot/infocom/zork1.html

    Blinky the Shark, Nov 25, 2004
  6. stu

    trout Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > stu wrote:
    >
    >> I need some freeware so i can make multipule screenshot's for
    >> tutorials, can anyone point me in te right direction thxs for your
    >> time

    > MWsnap is a very nicely featured freeware screenshot utility. Sure,
    > you
    > can use your PrntScrn key. This is better -- kind of like the
    > difference between writing with a stick in the dirt or a word
    > processor. :)
    >
    > http://www.mirekw.com/winfreeware/mwsnap.html

    Ummm, yeah. That. 'Wot he said'.
    --
    "Blinky seldom performs in a distinguised manner. HA ha!"

    trout, Nov 25, 2004
  7. stu

    Old Gringo Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > stu wrote:
    >

    >>I need some freeware so i can make multipule screenshot's for tutorials, can
    >>anyone point me in te right direction thxs for your time

    > MWsnap is a very nicely featured freeware screenshot utility. Sure, you
    > can use your PrntScrn key. This is better -- kind of like the difference
    > between writing with a stick in the dirt or a word processor. :)
    >
    > http://www.mirekw.com/winfreeware/mwsnap.html

    Hey that sure does work better than a stick in dirt. Best thing to
    come along since Peanut butter. :) Thanks

    --
    Old Gringo George
    Just West Of Nowhere

    Old Gringo, Nov 25, 2004
  8. Old Gringo wrote:

    > Blinky the Shark wrote:

    >> stu wrote:

    >>>I need some freeware so i can make multipule screenshot's for tutorials, can
    >>>anyone point me in te right direction thxs for your time

    >> MWsnap is a very nicely featured freeware screenshot utility. Sure, you
    >> can use your PrntScrn key. This is better -- kind of like the difference
    >> between writing with a stick in the dirt or a word processor. :)

    >> http://www.mirekw.com/winfreeware/mwsnap.html

    > Hey that sure does work better than a stick in dirt. Best thing to
    > come along since Peanut butter. :) Thanks

    My pleasure. Always rewarding when someone agrees with my taste. :)

    Seriously, I did try out some others, but that one's really rich,
    *especially* given that it's a freebie. One of the things I really
    liked about it was the fact that you could click a *part* of a window
    (say, a tookbar), and it would only cap that object -- great for some
    of the "help stuff", because it was essentially precropped just where
    you'd have done it in IrfanView or your full-on graphics package.

    I think there was some other bit of freeware that Mirek wrote (met him
    in alt.comp.freeware, back when I was a reg in there) that I used to
    use in the Windows Decade, but I can't remember what it was...

    <clickety>

    ....oops! It was *Marek*, not Mirek, and *his* freeware is here:

    http://www.tranglos.com/free/

    I loved KeyNote; and Oubliette was nice, too (albeit I ended up not
    using *any* password manager). Marek was the one, too, who I remember
    yakking with in a.c.f., about Oubliette -- I warned him that because
    of the way it (and all of the other password safes I tried), the
    user/pwd/other information could be left in plain site on the Windows
    clipboard; he tweaked his code so that wasn't happening. As for his
    other stuff, I've seen KookieJar recommended quite a bit, as well.

    Blinky the Shark, Nov 25, 2004
  9. stu

    Old Gringo Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > Old Gringo wrote:
    >

    >>Blinky the Shark wrote:

    >>>MWsnap is a very nicely featured freeware screenshot utility. Sure, you
    >>>can use your PrntScrn key. This is better -- kind of like the difference
    >>>between writing with a stick in the dirt or a word processor. :)

    >>>http://www.mirekw.com/winfreeware/mwsnap.html

    >>Hey that sure does work better than a stick in dirt. Best thing to
    >>come along since Peanut butter. :) Thanks

    > My pleasure. Always rewarding when someone agrees with my taste. :)
    >
    > Seriously, I did try out some others, but that one's really rich,
    > *especially* given that it's a freebie. One of the things I really
    > liked about it was the fact that you could click a *part* of a window
    > (say, a tookbar), and it would only cap that object -- great for some
    > of the "help stuff", because it was essentially precropped just where
    > you'd have done it in IrfanView or your full-on graphics package.
    >
    > I think there was some other bit of freeware that Mirek wrote (met him
    > in alt.comp.freeware, back when I was a reg in there) that I used to
    > use in the Windows Decade, but I can't remember what it was...
    >
    > <clickety>
    >
    > ...oops! It was *Marek*, not Mirek, and *his* freeware is here:
    >
    > http://www.tranglos.com/free/
    >
    > I loved KeyNote; and Oubliette was nice, too (albeit I ended up not
    > using *any* password manager). Marek was the one, too, who I remember
    > yakking with in a.c.f., about Oubliette -- I warned him that because
    > of the way it (and all of the other password safes I tried), the
    > user/pwd/other information could be left in plain site on the Windows
    > clipboard; he tweaked his code so that wasn't happening. As for his
    > other stuff, I've seen KookieJar recommended quite a bit, as well.

    It's really cool, I have been checking it out. So far so good.
    Thanks again

    Old Gringo, Nov 25, 2004
  10. stu

    stu Guest

    Thanks for the link was just what i was looking for

    stu, Nov 26, 2004
  11. stu

    lsj7 Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > stu wrote:
    >
    >> I need some freeware so i can make multipule screenshot's for
    >> tutorials, can anyone point me in te right direction thxs for your
    >> time

    > MWsnap is a very nicely featured freeware screenshot utility. Sure,
    > you can use your PrntScrn key. This is better -- kind of like the
    > difference between writing with a stick in the dirt or a word
    > processor. :)
    >
    > http://www.mirekw.com/winfreeware/mwsnap.html

    The jpg's are space saving, too. EXCELLENT proggie!!

    --

    Cherish, therefore, the spirit of our people, and keep alive their
    attention. .If once they become inattentive to the public affairs, you

    _________Jefferson to Carrington 1787

    lsj7

    lsj7, Nov 27, 2004
  12. lsj7 wrote:

    > Blinky the Shark wrote:

    >> stu wrote:

    >>> I need some freeware so i can make multipule screenshot's for
    >>> tutorials, can anyone point me in te right direction thxs for your
    >>> time

    >> MWsnap is a very nicely featured freeware screenshot utility. Sure,
    >> you can use your PrntScrn key. This is better -- kind of like the
    >> difference between writing with a stick in the dirt or a word
    >> processor. :)

    >> http://www.mirekw.com/winfreeware/mwsnap.html

    > The jpg's are space saving, too. EXCELLENT proggie!!

    Enjoy. :)

    Blinky the Shark, Nov 27, 2004