    jfl Guest

    The only screensavers that I can set are the windows default screesavers.
    What setting do I have to change to get other scr to work?

    jfl, Nov 1, 2009

  2. jfl

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 1 Nov 2009 15:02:35 -0500, jfl wrote:

    >The only screensavers that I can set are the windows default screesavers.

    Set what about them? Ah, you only have the list of Windows default
    screen savers to pick from.

    >What setting do I have to change to get other scr to work?

    What other scr? Do they/it have a name?

    Have you downloaded a scr? Was there any instructions on how to get it
    working?

    Did you copy the scr to the same place the Windows scr files are?

    Me

    why?, Nov 1, 2009

  3. jfl

    richard Guest

    On Sun, 1 Nov 2009 15:02:35 -0500, jfl wrote:

    > The only screensavers that I can set are the windows default screesavers.
    > What setting do I have to change to get other scr to work?

    The basic rule is you put the scr file in the same folder as the windows
    scr files. Then reboot your system.

    richard, Nov 1, 2009
  4. jfl

    VanguardLH Guest

    jfl wrote:

    > The only screensavers that I can set are the windows default
    > screesavers. What setting do I have to change to get other scr to
    > work?

    You'll first have to *install* that 3rd party screensaver program, or
    copy its .scr files. Since they contain scripts, be damn sure of
    getting the .scr file from a trustworthy source.

    VanguardLH, Nov 2, 2009