    But Webshots is getting more and more commercial.
    For more storage space or high quality pics you have to pay...

    What's a good alternative for Webshots ?
    firstname lastname, Nov 9, 2005

  2. firstname lastname wrote:
    []
    > What's a good alternative for Webshots ?

    Set the PC to power-down the monitor instead.

    David
    David J Taylor, Nov 9, 2005

  3. firstname lastname

    Celcius Guest

    "David J Taylor"
    <-this-bit.nor-this-part.uk.invalid> wrote in
    message news:SYlcf.4019$...
    > firstname lastname wrote:
    > []
    > > What's a good alternative for Webshots ?

    > Set the PC to power-down the monitor instead.
    >
    > David

    That's a neat idea. However, my PC wouldn'd wake up and I would have all
    kinds of probs with ME. Is it the same with XP?
    Thanks,
    Marcel
    Celcius, Nov 9, 2005
  4. firstname lastname

    Bill Funk Guest

    On Wed, 9 Nov 2005 07:41:27 -0500, "Celcius" <>
    wrote:

    >"David J Taylor"
    ><-this-bit.nor-this-part.uk.invalid> wrote in
    >message news:SYlcf.4019$...
    >> firstname lastname wrote:
    >> []
    >> > What's a good alternative for Webshots ?

    >> Set the PC to power-down the monitor instead.
    >>
    >> David
    >>

    >That's a neat idea. However, my PC wouldn'd wake up and I would have all
    >kinds of probs with ME. Is it the same with XP?
    >Thanks,
    >Marcel

    Not hibernate, just turn off the monitor.
    Properties of Desktop (right click desktop) > Screensaver > Power >
    Power Schemes; then, set the system to turn the monitor off after a
    set time (I use 20 minutes). To return to the desktop, press any key
    or move the mouse.

    --
    Bill Funk
    Replace "g" with "a"
    Bill Funk, Nov 9, 2005
  5. Celcius wrote:
    > "David J Taylor"
    > <-this-bit.nor-this-part.uk.invalid>
    > wrote in message
    >> firstname lastname wrote:
    >> []
    >>> What's a good alternative for Webshots ?

    >> Set the PC to power-down the monitor instead.
    >>
    >> David
    >>

    > That's a neat idea. However, my PC wouldn'd wake up and I would have
    > all kinds of probs with ME. Is it the same with XP?
    > Thanks,
    > Marcel

    No problems with XP - Bill has described just what you need to do. This
    isn't hibernate.

    Cheers,
    David
    David J Taylor, Nov 9, 2005
  6. firstname lastname

    Celcius Guest

    "David J Taylor"
    <-this-bit.nor-this-part.uk.invalid> wrote in
    message news:0Imcf.4035$...
    > Celcius wrote:
    > > "David J Taylor"
    > > <-this-bit.nor-this-part.uk.invalid>
    > > wrote in message
    > >> firstname lastname wrote:
    > >> []
    > >>
    > >> Set the PC to power-down the monitor instead.
    > >>
    > >> David
    > >>

    > > That's a neat idea. However, my PC wouldn'd wake up and I would have
    > > all kinds of probs with ME. Is it the same with XP?
    > > Thanks,
    > > Marcel

    > No problems with XP - Bill has described just what you need to do. This
    > isn't hibernate.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > David

    Thanks David, Bill
    Celcius, Nov 9, 2005
  7. "firstname lastname" <> schreef in bericht

    > Hi
    >

    > I am using Webshots as a screensaver, in fact i use it to change the
    > backgroundpicture on my screen every 2 hours.
    >
    > Webshots is a free program with a lot of adjustable settings.
    > Easy to add and mixx your own pics
    > They also have a huge picture database on-line.
    >
    > But Webshots is getting more and more commercial.
    > For more storage space or high quality pics you have to pay...
    >
    > What's a good alternative for Webshots ?

    I am looking for a good program to change my background pictures
    Not really looking fore a screen"saver"
    firstname lastname, Nov 9, 2005
  8. firstname lastname

    Stewy Guest

    In article <Wflcf.43218$-ops.be>,
    "firstname lastname" <> wrote:

    > Hi
    >

    > I am using Webshots as a screensaver, in fact i use it to change the
    > backgroundpicture on my screen every 2 hours.
    >
    > Webshots is a free program with a lot of adjustable settings.
    > Easy to add and mixx your own pics
    > They also have a huge picture database on-line.
    >
    > But Webshots is getting more and more commercial.
    > For more storage space or high quality pics you have to pay...
    >
    > What's a good alternative for Webshots ?

    iPhoto (if you're using a Mac). I'm still using iPhoto 2 and it does a
    very good slideshow on my desktop of 89 sunset pictures, changing every
    5 seconds.
    Stewy, Nov 11, 2005