    Using: Microsoft Windows 98 SE
    GenuineIntel x86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 10
    127MB RAM

    ALAN MEWS, May 3, 2004

  2. ALAN MEWS

    Richard Guest

    "ALAN MEWS" <> wrote in message
    news:c75dmf$n2p$...
    > Hi
    > Can/will someone remind me how to change the Screen Saver to a photograph
    > that I have taken?
    >
    > I think I changed the default Screen Savers a long time ago but I have now
    > forgotten how to do it know.
    >
    > Many thanks
    >
    > Using: Microsoft Windows 98 SE
    > GenuineIntel x86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 10
    > 127MB RAM

    On the desktop screen, right click and choose properties.
    Select the screensaver tab.
    If you want the image as wallpaper, just go to the listing of images then
    click "browse" and set it.
    If you want it as a screensaver, scroll the list and select "my pictures
    screen saver".
    You'll need to put the image in the "my pictures" folder to show it.
    Put in two images of your choice, scrap the others, and you have your
    screensaver slide show.

    Richard, May 3, 2004

  3. ALAN MEWS

    SgtMinor Guest

    Right click on an empty space on your desktop, and select Properties.

    SgtMinor, May 3, 2004
  4. ALAN MEWS

    Pool Champ Guest

    "ALAN MEWS" wrote in message

    > Hi
    > Can/will someone remind me how to change the Screen Saver to a photograph
    > that I have taken?
    >
    > I think I changed the default Screen Savers a long time ago but I have now
    > forgotten how to do it know.
    >
    > Many thanks
    >
    > Using: Microsoft Windows 98 SE
    > GenuineIntel x86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 10
    > 127MB RAM

    Alan, are you sure you mean Screen Saver and not background wallpaper ?
    A screen saver should be a moving thingy, not a photograph.
    Right click on a blank part of your desktop and select properties, for
    wallpaper background select browse and find where your photograph is stored
    on your hard drive. Highlight it and Apply. The option to change screen
    saver is also done in a similar way.
    PC

    Pool Champ, May 3, 2004
  5. ALAN MEWS

    Scrote Guest

    ALAN MEWS wrote:
    >> Hi
    >> Can/will someone remind me how to change the Screen Saver to a
    >> photograph that I have taken?
    >>
    >> I think I changed the default Screen Savers a long time ago but I
    >> have now forgotten how to do it know.
    >>
    >> Many thanks
    >>
    >> Using: Microsoft Windows 98 SE
    >> GenuineIntel x86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 10
    >> 127MB RAM

    1.Convert picture to bitmap
    2.Select "3D Flying Objects" Screensaver then Settings/Texture & chose
    altered image. Season to taste.
    3.Robert should now be your sisters brother.
    HTH

    --
    The only difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its
    limits.

    Scrote, May 3, 2004
  6. ALAN MEWS

    Toolman Tim Guest

    > "ALAN MEWS" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi
    > > Can/will someone remind me how to change the Screen Saver to a

    photograph
    > > that I have taken?
    > >
    > > I think I changed the default Screen Savers a long time ago but I have

    now
    > > forgotten how to do it know.
    > >
    > > Many thanks
    > >
    > > Using: Microsoft Windows 98 SE
    > > GenuineIntel x86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 10
    > > 127MB RAM
    > >

    > On the desktop screen, right click and choose properties.
    > Select the screensaver tab.
    > If you want the image as wallpaper, just go to the listing of images then
    > click "browse" and set it.
    > If you want it as a screensaver, scroll the list and select "my pictures
    > screen saver".
    > You'll need to put the image in the "my pictures" folder to show it.
    > Put in two images of your choice, scrap the others, and you have your
    > screensaver slide show.

    (Richard, Windows 98 and 98SE didn't have the "My Pictures"
    screensaver...good advice for the newer OS though.)

    To do what Richard suggested wouldn't be hard with one of many available
    programs - search Google for "make my own screensaver".

    Results 1 - 10 of about 291,000 for make my own screensaver. (0.39 seconds)

    Toolman Tim, May 4, 2004
  7. ALAN MEWS

    Smirnoff Guest

    Scrote wrote:
    > ALAN MEWS wrote:
    >>> Hi
    >>> Can/will someone remind me how to change the Screen Saver to a
    >>> photograph that I have taken?
    >>>
    >>> I think I changed the default Screen Savers a long time ago but I
    >>> have now forgotten how to do it know.
    >>>
    >>> Many thanks
    >>>
    >>> Using: Microsoft Windows 98 SE
    >>> GenuineIntel x86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 10
    >>> 127MB RAM

    > 1.Convert picture to bitmap
    > 2.Select "3D Flying Objects" Screensaver then Settings/Texture & chose
    > altered image. Season to taste.
    > 3.Robert should now be your sisters brother.
    > HTH

    Eh? Mothers brother?

    Smirnoff, May 4, 2004