    random images, however, it doesn't have the capability to show my NEF files,
    and I don't want to convert all of these as the format is excellent and also
    compact.
    adm, Jun 12, 2004

  2. "adm" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Anyone know if there is such a thing ?
    >
    > I like to set my screensaver to my pictures folders so that it just

    displays
    > random images, however, it doesn't have the capability to show my NEF

    files,
    > and I don't want to convert all of these as the format is excellent and

    also
    > compact.

    A screen "saver" should completely blank the display to save most
    power.....

    David
    David J Taylor, Jun 12, 2004

  3. adm

    [BnH] Guest

    NEF IS compact ? :eek: ?

    U r joking right ?

    =bob=

    [BnH], Jun 12, 2004
  4. adm

    Big Bill Guest

    On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 12:25:37 +0100, "adm" <> wrote:

    >Anyone know if there is such a thing ?
    >
    >I like to set my screensaver to my pictures folders so that it just displays
    >random images, however, it doesn't have the capability to show my NEF files,
    >and I don't want to convert all of these as the format is excellent and also
    >compact.

    I'm asking because I want to know...
    Why can't you convert to a format the screensaver can use; this will
    not destroy the original files.
    I do very little RAW; I wouldn't want a screensaver to use RAW format
    pics, as they usually need some work to make presentable. Are your RAW
    pics that good as originals?
    Compactness, to me, is a non-issue; there are so many inexpensive big
    hard drives that this just isn't a good excuse.

    Bill Funk
    Change "g" to "a"
    Big Bill, Jun 12, 2004
  5. adm wrote:

    > Anyone know if there is such a thing ?
    >
    > I like to set my screensaver to my pictures folders so that it just displays
    > random images, however, it doesn't have the capability to show my NEF files,
    > and I don't want to convert all of these as the format is excellent and also
    > compact.

    Those images are possibly 20 times larger than are needed for
    screensavers, (or desktop pix). I don't know of a way to display RAW or
    NEF files natively on PCs or Macs.

    --
    John McWilliams
    John McWilliams, Jun 12, 2004