Screengrabs?

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by slatconsulting, Nov 5, 2006.

  1. Can anyone recommend a free screengrab program that works with 2.0?
    slatconsulting, Nov 5, 2006

  2. slatconsulting wrote:
    > Can anyone recommend a free screengrab program that works with 2.0?

    This is usually done by the OS.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Nov 5, 2006

  3. slatconsulting

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Ed Mullen, Nov 5, 2006
  4. Ed Mullen wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >> slatconsulting wrote:
    >>> Can anyone recommend a free screengrab program that works with 2.0?

    >> This is usually done by the OS.
    >>
    >> Lee

    > http://www.irfanview.com/
    >
    > Works good, price is right! ;-)

    Oh yeah!

    I've been away from Windows for awhile. On Mac OSX, Grab does the
    trick, and allows you to edit the shot easily.

    As I recall, the Print Screen key does a screen shot, but you need to
    edit from another program.

    I went to Mac largely because the school system in which i teach did so,
    but I have come to love it.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Nov 5, 2006
  5. slatconsulting

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Ed Mullen wrote:
    >>>
    >>> This is usually done by the OS.
    >>>
    >>> Lee

    >> http://www.irfanview.com/
    >>
    >> Works good, price is right! ;-)
    >>

    > Oh yeah!
    >
    > I've been away from Windows for awhile. On Mac OSX, Grab does the
    > trick, and allows you to edit the shot easily.
    >
    > As I recall, the Print Screen key does a screen shot, but you need to
    > edit from another program.
    >
    > I went to Mac largely because the school system in which i teach did so,
    > but I have come to love it.
    >
    > Lee

    Ultimately, it's what works for the individual. Your choice makes
    eminent sense. I tried a Mac about 25 years ago after growing up with
    IBM mid-range, CP/M, and DOS machines. My brain seized up! ;-) Bottom
    line for me is: go with what works for you and your situation.

    Irfanfview is a great freeware program for Windows. I have lots of
    expensive software that does similar things and I still resort to
    Irfanview for many simple tasks. Screen capture is one of them. Nice
    thing is, hey, it's free. Try it. If you don't like it, no loss.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    Ed Mullen, Nov 5, 2006
  6. slatconsulting

    Tony Raven Guest

    slatconsulting wrote on 05/11/2006 01:09 +0100:
    > Can anyone recommend a free screengrab program that works with 2.0?

    Since it appears from your use of XNews that you are on Windows, try
    Shft-Prt Sc. and then paste the screengrab into your programme of choice.

    --
    Tony

    - Leonardo da Vinci
    Tony Raven, Nov 5, 2006