  1. What screen size is the best to use in frontpage, i am using 800x600 but when
    you view my site on a screen set to 1024x768, it looks very small.

    Any help and advice would be appreciated.
    =?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZXIgQw==?=, Apr 24, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZXIgQw==?=

    Cerebrus Guest

    I haven't ever used FrontPage, but generally design principles suggest
    that you should design with the highest screen resolution you intend to
    support. Here 1024x768 is a higher resolution than 800x600.

    Regards,

    Cerebrus.
    Cerebrus, Apr 24, 2006

  3. >I haven't ever used FrontPage, but generally design principles suggest
    > that you should design with the highest screen resolution you intend to
    > support.

    say what? this is strange. I use 1200x1600 and a lot, (no, not 1600x1200),
    so if I design for that you should get used to leveraging you scrollbars....

    |------|
    | This is strange advice...
    | |
    |------|

    or "This i" on a smaller screen...

    If you create a flash animation and set it to fill the window, your advice
    makes sense, of course.
    Gorm Braarvig, Apr 24, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZXIgQw==?=

    Cerebrus Guest

    Hi Gorm,

    I do not see exactly which point you are debating here.

    I'm not as experienced as you, but here are some design principles I
    follow : (I'm only mentioning the one's relevant to the current
    discussion)

    1. Design with the largest user base in mind.
    a) Most users keep their browsers maximized to the full screen when
    browsing.
    b) The Majority of users today use 1024x768 and upwards screen
    resolution.

    Conclusions :

    a) Your page elements should be perfectly positioned in all cases, but
    if you use Absolute positioning, then you should optimize it for
    viewing maximized.
    b) Design for the highest resolution you *intend* to support. (I
    reiterate this.) So that if a user will see your page at higher
    resolution, he will see larger text, but it will still be readable. But
    if you design with a smaller resolution, and a user views your page at
    a higher resolution, he will see almost unreadably small text. This
    also violates the principles of Accessibility.
    And this is the very problem that the OP was facing.

    So, I don't believe that my advice was "strange".

    Looking forward to your inputs,

    Regards,

    Cerebrus.
    Cerebrus, Apr 25, 2006
  5. HI., If your 1024 x 768..(thats what i use on everything and also in front
    page) and your think the text is too small. then go to view and enlarge the
    font size. However: its doesnt really matter which size you use in front page
    as far as I'm concerned. Its mostly a matter or preference. I up-date web
    sites all the time and i just prefer to use 1024. a friend on mine uses 800
    cause he doesnt see quite to good as in 1024.
    --
    leonard

    =?Utf-8?B?bGVvbmFyZA==?=, May 31, 2006