screen shots

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Smooth Operator, Sep 5, 2005.

  1. How do I take screen shots of my desktop on windows xp pro?

    Smooth Operator, Sep 5, 2005

  2. Smooth Operator

    Unk Guest

    On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 04:39:39 GMT, "Smooth Operator" <> wrote:

    >How do I take screen shots of my desktop on windows xp pro?

    Press the PrtScn key, then "Paste as new image" from your favorite image editor.
    (MS Paint, Paint Shop Pro, Etc.)

    PrtScn will copy the entire screen to the clipboard.
    Alt+PrtScn will copy just the active window to the clipboard.

    Unk, Sep 5, 2005

  3. Smooth Operator

    Shawn Guest

    "Smooth Operator" <> wrote in message
    > How do I take screen shots of my desktop on windows xp pro?

    controol and printscreen then open a wordpad doc and select paste, presto, a
    screenshot

    Shawn, Sep 5, 2005
  4. Smooth Operator

    Fred Tehbot Guest

    Shawn, <>, whose name means "transvestite merchant
    banker; would probably do a threesome with younger sibling; has a small
    pecker; likes to call his penis his 'poo-stick'", penned:

    > cuntruul und preentscreen zeen oopen a vurdped duc und select peste,
    > prestu, a screenshut

    What?

    Fred Tehbot, Sep 5, 2005
  5. Howdy!

    "Smooth Operator" <> wrote in message
    > How do I take screen shots of my desktop on windows xp pro?

    I use a .44 Magnum myself. Gets rid of all that screen in XP Pro.

    RwP

    Ralph Wade Phillips, Sep 5, 2005
  6. Smooth Operator

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Ralph Wade Phillips wrote:
    > Howdy!
    >
    > "Smooth Operator" <> wrote in message
    >> How do I take screen shots of my desktop on windows xp pro?

    > I use a .44 Magnum myself. Gets rid of all that screen in XP
    > Pro.
    >
    > RwP

    You beat me to it: I was looking for an ASCII art pistol <g>

    Toolman Tim, Sep 5, 2005
  7. Smooth Operator

    ellis_jay Guest

    Smooth Operator wrote:
    > How do I take screen shots of my desktop on windows xp pro?

    http://www.mirekw.com/

    MWSnap v. 3.0
    MWSnap is a small yet powerful Windows program for snapping (capturing)
    images from selected parts of the screen. Current version is capable of
    capturing the whole desktop, a highlighted window, an active menu, or a
    fixed or free rectangular part of the screen. MWSnap handles 5 most popular
    graphics formats and contains important graphical tools: a zoom, a ruler, a
    color picker and a window spy.

    MWSnap is free for both commercial and non-commercial use. You are free to
    put the programs on a CD-ROM, but if you do so please send me a notification
    (and a copy of the CD, if possible.) And of course spread the program
    complete with all files. Donations are gladly accepted.

    MWSnap has been developed using Borland Delphi.

    Selected features
    a.. 5 snapping modes.
    b.. Support for BMP, JPG, TIFF, PNG and GIF formats, with selected color
    depth and quality settings.
    c.. System-wide hotkeys.
    d.. Clipboard copy and paste.
    e.. Printing.
    f.. Auto-saving, auto-printing.
    g.. Auto-start with Windows.
    h.. Minimizing to system tray.
    i.. An auto-extending list of fixed sizes, perfect for snapping images for
    icons and glyphs.
    j.. A zoom tool for magnifying selected parts of the screen.
    k.. A ruler tool for measuring screen objects lengths.
    l.. A color picker showing screen colors with separated RGB parts.
    m.. Fast picture viewer.
    n.. Adding frames and mouse pointer images.
    o.. Multilevel configurable undo and redo.
    p.. Multilingual versions.
    q.. Configurable user interface.
    r.. And more...

    Ellis_jay