    software to buy and download, and the help menu for ME shows nothing either.
    Thanks.
    ntss
    notthesamesam, Jul 12, 2003

  2. notthesamesam

    Tim Bird Guest

    this works.....

    shit + prt scr (print screen)
    then open ms paint or a similar programme and paste the object on the
    clipboard into it

    hey presto you have a screen capture

    hope this helps

    "notthesamesam" <> wrote in message
    > Is there a way to make a "picture" of your computer screen without
    > downloading a capture program. I'm probably wrong, but I thought there was

    > way to do this through Windows (maybe a clipboard or something?) I hope

    this

    Tim Bird, Jul 12, 2003

  3. notthesamesam

    Shep© Guest

    On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 20:44:57 GMT, In this world we created
    "notthesamesam" <> wrote :

    >Is there a way to make a "picture" of your computer screen without
    >downloading a capture program. I'm probably wrong, but I thought there was a
    >way to do this through Windows (maybe a clipboard or something?) I hope this
    >makes sense! Again, the Microsoft site has nothing, Google shows links to
    >software to buy and download, and the help menu for ME shows nothing either.
    >Thanks.
    >ntss

    Keyboard Print Screen Button or Alt+printscreen for the focussed
    window.
    Open MS paint or a paint/veiwer program(Irfanview is better),
    http://www.geocities.com/sheppola/freeprog.html
    and then in the Edit menu,paste.

    HTH :)

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,
    Free songs download,
    Shep©, Jul 12, 2003
  4. notthesamesam

    Tim Bird Guest

    that's shift not shit .... sorry pmsl

    Tim Bird, Jul 12, 2003
  5. notthesamesam

    philo Guest

    "notthesamesam" <> wrote in message
    > Is there a way to make a "picture" of your computer screen without
    > downloading a capture program. I'm probably wrong, but I thought there was

    > way to do this through Windows (maybe a clipboard or something?) I hope

    this
    > makes sense! Again, the Microsoft site has nothing, Google shows links to
    > software to buy and download, and the help menu for ME shows nothing

    either.
    > Thanks.
    > ntss

    no ned to purchase any software...
    all you have to do is press the "print screen" key

    then open "paint" and hit control v
    philo, Jul 12, 2003
  6. notthesamesam

    Michael Guest

    notthesamesam wrote:

    > Is there a way to make a "picture" of your computer screen without
    > downloading a capture program. I'm probably wrong, but I thought
    > there was a way to do this through Windows (maybe a clipboard or
    > something?) I hope this makes sense! Again, the Microsoft site has
    > nothing, Google shows links to software to buy and download, and the
    > help menu for ME shows nothing either. Thanks.
    > ntss

    Simple. Press CTRL-PrtScr.

    Your screen capture is now sitting in the clipboard, and you can paste it
    into Paint (or any other graphics editor) and save it in any graphics format
    that's available to the editor.

    ((U))
    Michael, Jul 12, 2003
  7. LOL! Thanks!
    ntss
    "Tim Bird" <> wrote in message
    > that's shift not shit .... sorry pmsl
    > "Tim Bird" <> wrote in message
    > > this works.....
    > > shit + prt scr (print screen)

    <snip>
    notthesamesam, Jul 12, 2003
  8. Thanks everyone for your fast response. That did the trick!
    ntss

    notthesamesam, Jul 12, 2003
  9. notthesamesam

    Patrick Guest

    Trev wrote:
    > "notthesamesam" <> wrote in message
    >> Is there a way to make a "picture" of your computer screen without
    >> downloading a capture program. I'm probably wrong, but I thought
    >> there was a way to do this through Windows (maybe a clipboard or
    >> something?) I hope this makes sense! Again, the Microsoft site has
    >> nothing, Google shows links to software to buy and download, and the
    >> help menu for ME shows nothing either. Thanks.
    >> ntss
    >>

    > Press print screen then paste into a graphics programme

    Or ALT+PrintScrn to just capture the currently selected window.

    Pardon me 'Trev' for my intrusion on your post.
    Patrick, Jul 13, 2003