    before I email her and talk her through on how to replace the card?

    Many thanks
    Alan
    Alan, Feb 18, 2006

  2. Alan

    HMV Guest

    "Alan" <> wrote in message
    news:dt7ghc$bel$-infra.bt.com...
    > Hi
    > Not sure if anyone can help on this one. My sister, is on the other side
    > of the world, and is nearly as fick as I am with computers.
    > Anyway, here goes.
    >
    > She has this machine that worked well before.
    > Is running MS Windows XP, with 256 Mb memory.
    > After about half an hour the text or graphics are slipping down the
    > monitor screen making it difficult to read.
    >
    > I thought it might be the graphics card that's causing the problem.
    > Does anyone else have a view on this or a suggestion as to what it might
    > be before I email her and talk her through on how to replace the card?
    >
    > Many thanks
    > Alan

    I'm not 100% on this, but there use to be a 'joke' virus that did this a few
    years ago. Has anyone had access to her computer lately? Could be a prank.

    HELPMV

    --
    Help and support with Multivision Computers
    HMV, Feb 18, 2006

  3. Alan wrote:
    > Hi
    > Not sure if anyone can help on this one. My sister, is on the other side of
    > the world, and is nearly as fick as I am with computers.
    > Anyway, here goes.
    >
    > She has this machine that worked well before.
    > Is running MS Windows XP, with 256 Mb memory.
    > After about half an hour the text or graphics are slipping down the monitor
    > screen making it difficult to read.
    >
    > I thought it might be the graphics card that's causing the problem.
    > Does anyone else have a view on this or a suggestion as to what it might be
    > before I email her and talk her through on how to replace the card?

    I have that problem sometimes with a scroll mouse I have. I just click
    the mouse somewhere on the page and it stops it.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Feb 19, 2006