    Windows XP home

    Thanks
    Tom

    twfsa, Mar 5, 2006

  2. A trick I read on a newsgroup yonks ago is to click the Start button so that
    the Start Menu appears on the screen. While it is visible your screen saver
    will not work.

    John

    John Rampling, Mar 5, 2006

  3. Re: Screen Saver CORRECTION

    "John Rampling" <> wrote in message
    >A trick I read on a newsgroup yonks ago is to click the Start button so
    >that the Start Menu appears on the screen. While it is visible your screen
    >saver will not work.
    >
    > John

    I just tried this and it doesn't work on my computer . Now I recall, it
    worked under Windows 98 but I never tried it under XP until now. So try it
    and if it's no good - sorry for giving you duff gen!

    John :)

    John Rampling, Mar 6, 2006
  4. twfsa

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    twfsa wrote:
    > Is there an easy way to turn screen saver on and off.
    >
    > I put data on CD disk and I want to turn off the screen saver so not to
    > interfer with the transfer, now I go to control panel>display> then adjust
    > the time up from 5 mins to 120 mins then when I am finished I re adjust back
    > to 5 mins.
    >
    > It would be nice to just turn off the screen saver when I want to.
    >
    > Windows XP home
    >
    > Thanks
    > Tom

    Easy Tom - Just set your screen saver to NONE.

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus

    Oldus Fartus, Mar 6, 2006
  5. twfsa

    twfsa Guest

    Windows XP home, I go to control panel> display> there is no.......... none
    option.

    Tom

    twfsa, Mar 6, 2006
  6. twfsa

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    twfsa wrote:
    > Windows XP home, I go to control panel> display> there is no.......... none
    > option.

    Rather odd. So you go to Control Panel, click on Display Properties,
    then the Screen Saver tab, but then you do not have a drop down menu
    marked Screen saver like I am showing at
    http://members.iinet.net.au/~denisand/display.jpg

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus

    Oldus Fartus, Mar 7, 2006
  7. twfsa

    twfsa Guest

    I have the menu as you are showing but there is no option to set the screen
    saver to none. There is a power button but when I click on it there is no
    on/off, or none button. That just turn off the monitior.

    twfsa, Mar 7, 2006
  8. twfsa

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    twfsa wrote:
    > I have the menu as you are showing but there is no option to set the screen
    > saver to none. There is a power button but when I click on it there is no
    > on/off, or none button. That just turn off the monitior.

    Press the down arrow, and you should get a list of all the screen savers
    installed on your computer, plus an entry for "none".
    http://members.iinet.net.au/~denisand/display2.jpg

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus

    Oldus Fartus, Mar 7, 2006
  9. twfsa

    twfsa Guest

    Thanks

    I got that.

    twfsa, Mar 7, 2006
  10. twfsa

    nos1eep Guest

    It is further alleged that on or about Tue, 7 Mar 2006 16:17:35 -0600,
    in alt.computer, the queezy keyboard of "twfsa" <>
    spewed the following:

    |Thanks
    |
    |I got that.
    |
    |Tom

    If you do not want to disable your screensaver, you can just run this
    tiny program (12kb), it will emulate keyboard activity. It only uses a
    couple om mb of RAM and your saver will not run.
    http://www.haslo.ch/zeniko/software/nosleep.zip
    --

    -nos1eep

    nos1eep, Mar 7, 2006