    Tyneside - North East of England
    To email me directly omit the X from my address
    Visit http://freespace.virgin.net/mr.jimscott

    Jim Scott, May 30, 2004

  2. Jim Scott

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Jim Scott" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Just out of interest ... what screen resolution do most
    > folks use?
    > I normally use 800 x 600, but some work I'm doing
    > requires 1024 x 768.
    > This really does make a difference to websites!

    If you are doing websites, keep it at 800x600. And if you have pages people
    are likely to print, set them up so they'll print without running off the
    stinking right edge of the paper (pet peeve!)

    Me, I use 1024x768 (with reading glasses <g>) almost all the time. For one,
    my laptop's LCD (an older Dell) is optimized for that resolution, and gets
    seriously "jaggie" used at lower resolutions. And on my 17" monitor at the
    desktop, it's big enough that the higher resolution is clear.

    Toolman Tim, May 30, 2004

  3. On Sun, 30 May 2004 17:13:57 +0100, Jim Scott <>,wrote:

    >Just out of interest ... what screen resolution do most
    >folks use?
    >I normally use 800 x 600, but some work I'm doing
    >requires 1024 x 768.
    >This really does make a difference to websites!

    I use 1260x1024 both on this laptop and my desktop. Of course you need a monitor
    or a digital flat panel that does xga+

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22=B0Mike=B0=22?=, May 30, 2004
  4. Jim Scott

    Scraggy Guest

    Jim Scott wrote:
    > Just out of interest ... what screen resolution do most
    > folks use?
    > I normally use 800 x 600, but some work I'm doing
    > requires 1024 x 768.
    > This really does make a difference to websites!

    1024 x 728

    Scraggy, May 30, 2004
  5. Jim Scott

    James Mourby Guest

    "Jim Scott" <> wrote in message
    > Just out of interest ... what screen resolution do most
    > folks use?
    > I normally use 800 x 600, but some work I'm doing
    > requires 1024 x 768.
    > This really does make a difference to websites!
    > --
    > Jim

    1152x864

    Probably shouldn't 'cos i'm as blind as a bat.

    :OD
    --

    Home Page: http://jamesuk.cjb.net
    Blur Discography: http://www.mourby.plus.com/blur/

    James Mourby, May 30, 2004
  6. Jim Scott

    127.0.0.1 Guest

    "Jim Scott" <> wrote in message
    > Just out of interest ... what screen resolution do most
    > folks use?
    > I normally use 800 x 600, but some work I'm doing
    > requires 1024 x 768.
    > This really does make a difference to websites!
    > --
    > Jim

    you can configure 1024 x 768 to display larger fonts (to look like the
    800x600 font size).
    fyi: flat panel and laptop monitors have a set native resolution where it is
    optimized. my flat panel is set at 1280x1024 but i set the font size to 133%
    above normal (128dpi).

    -a|ex

    127.0.0.1, May 30, 2004
  7. Jim Scott

    Tom F Guest

    1280X960

    Tom F, May 30, 2004
  8. Jim Scott

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 30 May 2004 17:13:57 +0100, Jim Scott wrote:

    >Just out of interest ... what screen resolution do most
    >folks use?

    1280x1024

    >I normally use 800 x 600, but some work I'm doing
    >requires 1024 x 768.

    Otherwise rest of PCs
    1024x768
    1152x864
    This way the remote control sessions fit on the 1280.

    >This really does make a difference to websites!

    For those designed well it does.

    Me

    why?, May 30, 2004
  9. Jim Scott

    Jim Scott Guest

    In article <tZpuc.4815$Yd3.4060
    @newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>, loopy@localhost
    says...

    > "Jim Scott" <> wrote in message
    > > Just out of interest ... what screen resolution do most
    > > folks use?
    > > I normally use 800 x 600, but some work I'm doing
    > > requires 1024 x 768.
    > > This really does make a difference to websites!
    > > --
    > > Jim

    > you can configure 1024 x 768 to display larger fonts (to look like the
    > 800x600 font size).

    <snip>

    > -a|ex

    Time for a bit of online tuition if you will.
    --
    Jim

    Jim Scott, May 30, 2004
  10. 1024x768

    21" NEC MultiSync P1150

    Jim Scott <> chiseled in stone, the following
    words news::

    @}-}-------Rosee, May 31, 2004
  11. 1280x960

    Would crank it up to 1280x1024 but it just looks bizarre on my monitor (iiyama
    Vision Master Pro 413).

    This resolution is fab compared to the 800x600 I had to put up with for the past
    4 years.

    Noman Nomeniscio, May 31, 2004