    who are using 640x480 screen resolution. I would like to know the answer
    because I'm not sure how big interface to build so everybody would see it
    without a problem.
    Andy, Mar 3, 2004

  2. Andy wrote:

    > I'm going to build commercial Interactive CD. I'm wonder if there are people

    HTML?

    > who are using 640x480 screen resolution. I would like to know the answer

    Yes.

    But even if you know someone's screen size, you don't know the size of the
    window they're using to look at your stuff.

    > because I'm not sure how big interface to build so everybody would see it
    > without a problem.

    If HTML: forget writing for one size, and make it work for a range of sizes.

    --
    Blinky Linux RU 4892F
    http://linuxnotjustforgeeks.org
    Blinky the Shark, Mar 4, 2004

  3. Andy

    DataSpider Guest

    "Andy" <> wrote in message
    > I'm going to build commercial Interactive CD. I'm wonder if there are

    people
    > who are using 640x480 screen resolution. I would like to know the answer
    > because I'm not sure how big interface to build so everybody would see it
    > without a problem.

    People who are using 640x480 screen resolution don´t know anything about
    computers.
    DataSpider, Mar 4, 2004
  4. Andy

    °Mike° Guest

    If it's commercial, it should cater for all resolutions, and
    needs, for the widest audience. And yes, there are
    plenty of people using 640x480 screens.

    On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 23:04:26 GMT, in
    <_vt1c.83294$>
    Andy scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Mar 4, 2004
  5. Andy

    br1ght Guest

    I a dozen+ units a week come across the desk I'm and I
    rarely see anything below 800x600. I'd bet you a coffee the
    ones that most of the ones that arrive set to 640x480
    because they last ran an old game... soon as they're done
    they'de be upping the res to something better.

    br1ght

    +++++++++++++++++++++++++
    ..com...

    br1ght, Mar 4, 2004
  6. Andy

    Andy Guest

    "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > If it's commercial, it should cater for all resolutions, and
    > needs, for the widest audience. And yes, there are
    > plenty of people using 640x480 screens.
    >

    > On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 23:04:26 GMT, in
    > <_vt1c.83294$>
    > Andy scrawled:
    >
    > >I'm going to build commercial Interactive CD. I'm wonder if there are

    people
    > >who are using 640x480 screen resolution. I would like to know the answer
    > >because I'm not sure how big interface to build so everybody would see it
    > >without a problem.
    > >

    > --
    > Basic computer maintenance

    I think You are right Mike. Thank You for reply.
    Andy, Mar 4, 2004
  7. Andy

    Ron Martell Guest

    "Andy" <> wrote:

    >I'm going to build commercial Interactive CD. I'm wonder if there are people
    >who are using 640x480 screen resolution. I would like to know the answer
    >because I'm not sure how big interface to build so everybody would see it
    >without a problem.

    The default resolution for computers running Windows XP is 800 x 600.
    It will not run properly if you force the resolution to 640 x 480.

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP
    On-Line Help Computer Service

    Ron Martell, Mar 4, 2004
  8. Andy

    °Mike° Guest

    On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 04:51:22 GMT, in
    <eBy1c.84293$>
    Andy scrawled:

    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> If it's commercial, it should cater for all resolutions, and
    >> needs, for the widest audience. And yes, there are
    >> plenty of people using 640x480 screens.

    ><snip>

    >I think You are right Mike. Thank You for reply.

    You're welcome.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Mar 4, 2004
  9. True enough. but two things come to mind...

    Not all people, or even most people use XP. There are still a good
    number of older systems out there.

    800 X 600 is great for most, but if you're an older person, or a
    person who
    doesn't see too well, then the lower resolution is much easier to read.
    I know more than a few avid computer users who are functionally blind
    and use 640 X 480 for everything.

    If you want a wide audience, then spend the code and memory.

    Wyatt M. Portendt, Mar 5, 2004
  10. Andy

    Barry OGrady Guest

    On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 00:52:53 GMT, "Wyatt M. Portendt" <> wrote:

    >True enough. but two things come to mind...
    >
    >Not all people, or even most people use XP. There are still a good
    >number of older systems out there.
    >
    >800 X 600 is great for most, but if you're an older person, or a
    > person who
    >doesn't see too well, then the lower resolution is much easier to read.
    > I know more than a few avid computer users who are functionally blind
    >and use 640 X 480 for everything.
    >
    >If you want a wide audience, then spend the code and memory.
    >
    >Ron Martell wrote:
    >> "Andy" <> wrote:
    >>

    >>>I'm going to build commercial Interactive CD. I'm wonder if there are people
    >>>who are using 640x480 screen resolution. I would like to know the answer
    >>>because I'm not sure how big interface to build so everybody would see it
    >>>without a problem.
    >>>

    >> The default resolution for computers running Windows XP is 800 x 600.
    >> It will not run properly if you force the resolution to 640 x 480.

    I'm running XP at 640 x 480 so I can use a non-SVGA monitor.
    It works OK although some things don't fit on the screen.

    >> Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada

    -Barry
    ========
    Barry OGrady, Mar 5, 2004