    Can any one please tell me how to re set the resolution and color
    quality.
    , Sep 19, 2005

  2. philo Guest

    wrote:
    > All of a sudden my screen resolution is 800x600 and the color quality
    > is Lowest 4 bits. I cannot chane either sewtting when I right click
    > desktop and select settings.
    > I am using XP Pro and a Dell 8200 with a 2btg processor I tried
    > restoring but was unable tto restore..
    > Can any one please tell me how to re set the resolution and color
    > quality.

    try reinstalling your video card drivers
    philo, Sep 19, 2005

  3. Shep© Guest

    On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 22:36:00 GMT As Androids Dreamed Of Electric Sheep
    and then wrote :

    >All of a sudden my screen resolution is 800x600 and the color quality
    >is Lowest 4 bits. I cannot chane either sewtting when I right click
    >desktop and select settings.
    >I am using XP Pro and a Dell 8200 with a 2btg processor I tried
    >restoring but was unable tto restore..
    >Can any one please tell me how to re set the resolution and color
    >quality.

    http://www.geocities.com/sheppola/video.html

    HTH :)

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,
    Shep©, Sep 20, 2005
  4. why? Guest

    On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 22:36:00 GMT, wrote:

    >All of a sudden my screen resolution is 800x600 and the color quality
    >is Lowest 4 bits. I cannot chane either sewtting when I right click
    >desktop and select settings.
    >I am using XP Pro and a Dell 8200 with a 2btg processor I tried
    >restoring but was unable tto restore..
    >Can any one please tell me how to re set the resolution and color
    >quality.

    Look for the service tag , the dell support site tells you how to do
    that,

    http://support.dell.com/
    Drivers and Downloads , to get this link -
    http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/index.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs
    enter the details, you will then see a list of specific downloads /
    drivers for that type of system.

    Looking for 'Dimension 8200' only, as the service tag is more specific
    the list of video drivers is -

    Video Drivers
    ATI 128MB DDR Radeon 9700 Pro w/TV-Out
    ATI 32MB Radeon
    ATI Rage 128 Ultra 16MB
    CyberLink 4.0.12x
    CyberLink 4.0.13x
    Emuzed Movie Studio Plus (HW)
    nVidia 128MB DDR GeForce4 Ti 4600 w/TV Out
    nVidia 32MB GeForce2 GTS
    nVidia 32MB GeForce2 MX W/TVOUT
    nVidia 64MB DDR GeForce3
    nVidia 64MB DDR GeForce4 Ti 4200