Screen Question?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Kumma Kumma Kumma Ka-Melian, U Cum & Go..., Oct 21, 2003.

  1. Why do computer monitors/computer LCD displays have NO problem with burnt in
    images, yet if you go out and buy a big screen projection tv or big screen
    plasma/lcd tv they are prone to burnt images? I don't understand what the
    difference is?

    For instance, the LCD screens you have on flat panel displays for
    computers...aren't they the same KIND of LCD's used on plasma or lcd big
    screen TV's?

    A few years ago I bought a 53" big screen from Sony, it wasn't HDTV, just
    your regular big screen 4:3 53" TV. My family was constantly watching shows
    on it like shopping channels (that constantly display the price information
    on the left hand side of the screen), or the news channels that constantly
    display their logo on the bottom right of the screen and it ended up burning
    an image of the QVC price information on the left side of my screen. I was
    f*cking PISSED!

    When I had bought the TV, I bought a 3 year extended contract on it at Best
    Buy, they SWORE to me that if screen burn DID occur, it would be covered
    under the extended contract I bought! Of course wouldn't you know it, they
    didn't keep their word! All of a sudden nobody knew what I was talking
    about and I was looking at a 600.00 bill to replace one of the tubes inside
    the TV.

    Currently we are now using a 36" WEGA Sony flat screen crt TV that we bought
    a few years ago (back in 2001) and of course we have no problems with it.
    But we really want to go back to big screen, especially since the wide
    format is now out (16:9).

    Is there ANY safe big screen TV's out there now that are not going to burn
    images into the screen? Is there not ANY big screen TV's that can be used
    daily, just like you would use a conventional TV?

    We really want to move 'up' with technology but I don't want to go out and
    spend thousands of dollars on a TV that I have to baby everytime I use it.

    Thanks.

    Kumma Kumma Kumma Ka-Melian, U Cum & Go..., Oct 21, 2003

  2. Kumma Kumma Kumma Ka-Melian, U Cum & Go...

    CJ Guest

    Hi,

    LCD display technology is totally different to Plasma.

    This article is very good http://www.avvideo.com/2002/09_sep/features/plasma.htm

    CJ

    CJ, Oct 21, 2003