    is sideways.. the mouse moves accordingly (up and down is left and
    right w/mouse). Is there anyone with any suggestions? This one has me
    baffled. Thanks.
    83LowRider, Jan 1, 2004

  2. 83LowRider

    Brian H¹© Guest

    83LowRider said:

    > I have a friend who's computer illiterate.. he just brought me his
    > fairly new HP... with XP home edition. Everything on the monitor
    > is sideways.. the mouse moves accordingly (up and down is left and
    > right w/mouse). Is there anyone with any suggestions? This one has me
    > baffled. Thanks.

    Lay it on it's side ?
    Brian H¹©, Jan 1, 2004

  3. 83LowRider

    Don C Guest

    If it's a pivoting LCD monitor, check the display settings. There should
    be something, probably in the advanced settings to adjust the
    orientation.

    Don C, Jan 1, 2004
  4. So you are illiterate also?

    Bovine Spongiform, Jan 1, 2004
  5. 83LowRider

    Trax Guest

    On Thu, 01 Jan 2004 02:43:56 GMT, "83LowRider" <> wrote:

    |> I have a friend who's computer illiterate.. he just brought me his
    |> fairly new HP... with XP home edition. Everything on the monitor
    |> is sideways.. the mouse moves accordingly (up and down is left and
    |> right w/mouse). Is there anyone with any suggestions? This one has me
    |> baffled. Thanks.

    This sounds like something unrelated to XP and a function of the Video card or
    Monitor software. I'd opt for the video card software. Try Display options
    (right-lick desktop, properties) > settings > advanced and snoop around.

    Or as suggested turn it on it's side :)
    --
    ,,
    ( "> w Someday, we'll look back on this,
    Trax, Jan 1, 2004
  6. 83LowRider

    Juan Pérez Guest

    In news:IcMIb.14285$,
    Brian H¹© <-vine.co.uk.invalid> typed:
    > 83LowRider said:
    >
    > > I have a friend who's computer illiterate.. he just brought me his
    > > fairly new HP... with XP home edition. Everything on the monitor
    > > is sideways.. the mouse moves accordingly (up and down is left and
    > > right w/mouse). Is there anyone with any suggestions? This one has
    > > me baffled. Thanks.

    > Lay it on it's side ?

    ;-)
    Juan Pérez, Jan 1, 2004
  7. 83LowRider

    Juan Pérez Guest

    In news:MPLIb.3313$,
    83LowRider <> typed:
    > I have a friend who's computer illiterate.. he just brought me his
    > fairly new HP... with XP home edition. Everything on the monitor
    > is sideways.. the mouse moves accordingly (up and down is left and
    > right w/mouse). Is there anyone with any suggestions? This one has me
    > baffled. Thanks.

    Your friend could play with the computer while lying down.
    Juan Pérez, Jan 1, 2004
  8. 83LowRider

    -Lone_Wolf- Guest

    83LowRider wrote:
    > I have a friend who's computer illiterate.. he just brought me his
    > fairly new HP... with XP home edition. Everything on the monitor
    > is sideways.. the mouse moves accordingly (up and down is left and
    > right w/mouse). Is there anyone with any suggestions? This one has me
    > baffled. Thanks.

    What does it do in safe mode?

    If it looks correct then its a driver issue, if not its probably
    hardware.

    My guess is it is an option in the video software/drivers although
    having the mouse working on a different orientation to the display is
    odd.
    -Lone_Wolf-, Jan 1, 2004
  9. 83LowRider

    Budweiser Guest

    the geforce cards have the option to rotate the screen image--other similar
    cards probably have the same
    check out display properties/advaced/geforce/nvrotate--located on the side
    bar

    Budweiser, Jan 1, 2004
  10. 83LowRider

    Bishoop Guest

    > I have a friend who's computer illiterate.. he just brought me his
    > fairly new HP... with XP home edition. Everything on the monitor
    > is sideways.. the mouse moves accordingly (up and down is left and
    > right w/mouse). Is there anyone with any suggestions? This one has me
    > baffled. Thanks.

    Control Panel > Display > Settings > Advanced.

    Some video cards have the option to rotate the display. Look and see if
    it's there.
    Bishoop, Jan 1, 2004
  11. 83LowRider

    keith607

    Joined:
    Jan 18, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Some of the Nvidia cards use Ctrl, Shift, and then 0 or 9 or 8 or 7 to change screen orientation. If you go to the advanced section of display settings you might see a tab for pivot software. You can disable or change the settings there.
    keith607, Jan 18, 2008