    Could anyone kindly provide any advice regarding this problem.

    Kind regards,

    Frank.

    Frank Aston., Oct 1, 2003

  2. Frank Aston.

    Boomer Guest

    Frank Aston. wrote:

    > Forgive me if this has been asked before but I'm new at the
    > service and not entirely sure how it works.
    >
    > When I try to shut down my computer in the proscribed manner the
    > monitor screen freezes with a series of vertical black and
    > orange bars and the only way I can shut down is by use of the
    > on/off button.
    >
    > Could anyone kindly provide any advice regarding this problem.
    >
    > Kind regards,
    >
    > Frank.

    What OS?
    Windows Shutdown Problems
    http://www.aumha.org/a/shutdown.htm

    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    Boomer, Oct 1, 2003

  3. Frank Aston.

    Harrison Guest

    A dollar says it's ME.
    I've seen it on ME machines more than any others.

    Harrison, Oct 1, 2003
  4. Frank Aston.

    Boomer Guest

    Harrison wrote:

    > A dollar says it's ME.
    > I've seen it on ME machines more than any others.

    Win ME does have it's big share of problems. ;-)

    Boomer, Oct 1, 2003
  5. Frank Aston.

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Boomer said:

    > Harrison wrote:
    >
    >> A dollar says it's ME.
    >> I've seen it on ME machines more than any others.

    > Win ME does have it's big share of problems. ;-)

    WinME is as welcome as clinical ME.

    Brian H¹©, Oct 1, 2003