screen freeze

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by james christie, Jun 9, 2004.

  1. hi when i try to open a file it freezes and sometimes wont open can you help
    o/s win xp home thanks jc

    james christie, Jun 9, 2004

  2. james christie

    °Mike° Guest

    Is this ONLY when you try to open a file, and if
    so, is it one particular file?

    Have you checked your system for overheating and
    bad RAM?

    Basic computer maintenance

    Then run AT LEAST two online Antivirus scanners:

    Spybot Search & Destroy
    http://spybot.eon.net.au/
    http://www.safer-networking.org/
    http://spybot.safer-networking.de/
    SpyBot S&D guide

    Ad-Aware
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
    http://www.lavasoft.nu/

    Spyware Blaster

    CWShredder (CoolWebSearch remover)

    On Wed, 9 Jun 2004 19:25:24 +0000 (UTC), in
    <ca7o74$j5f$>
    james christie scrawled:

    --
    STGP, OGPE24HSHD