    of a sudden, it has started again and has happened 3 or 4 times over the
    last few days. It doesn't cause any other problems other than being annoying
    and giving me headache. Would appreciate any help or ideas. Thank you.
    Trish, Jul 13, 2006

  2. Trish

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Thu, 13 Jul 2006 12:25:18 +0100, Trish wrote:

    > I have an annoying flicker on my lcd monitor. It has been happening for
    > over a year on and off. The only thing that seems to cure it, is to shut
    > down and leave for a few minutes before rebooting. It may go several
    > months before it happens again. I can't remember the last time it
    > happened, ages ago. Now all of a sudden, it has started again and has
    > happened 3 or 4 times over the last few days. It doesn't cause any other
    > problems other than being annoying and giving me headache. Would
    > appreciate any help or ideas. Thank you.

    Buy another monitor or stock up on Advil.
    --
    COOSN-266-06-25794

    Meat Plow, Jul 13, 2006

  3. Trish

    Trish Guest

    "Meat Plow" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 13 Jul 2006 12:25:18 +0100, Trish wrote:
    >
    >> I have an annoying flicker on my lcd monitor. It has been happening for
    >> over a year on and off. The only thing that seems to cure it, is to shut
    >> down and leave for a few minutes before rebooting. It may go several
    >> months before it happens again. I can't remember the last time it
    >> happened, ages ago. Now all of a sudden, it has started again and has
    >> happened 3 or 4 times over the last few days. It doesn't cause any other
    >> problems other than being annoying and giving me headache. Would
    >> appreciate any help or ideas. Thank you.

    > Buy another monitor or stock up on Advil.

    We don't do Advil here thanks. Paracetamol, and I have plenty of them.

    Trish, Jul 13, 2006
  4. Trish

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Thu, 13 Jul 2006 13:01:11 +0100, Trish wrote:

    > "Meat Plow" <> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 13 Jul 2006 12:25:18 +0100, Trish wrote:
    >>
    >>> I have an annoying flicker on my lcd monitor. It has been happening for
    >>> over a year on and off. The only thing that seems to cure it, is to
    >>> shut down and leave for a few minutes before rebooting. It may go
    >>> several months before it happens again. I can't remember the last time
    >>> it happened, ages ago. Now all of a sudden, it has started again and
    >>> has happened 3 or 4 times over the last few days. It doesn't cause any
    >>> other problems other than being annoying and giving me headache. Would
    >>> appreciate any help or ideas. Thank you.

    >> Buy another monitor or stock up on Advil.

    > We don't do Advil here thanks. Paracetamol, and I have plenty of
    > them.

    Well then generic Ibuprofen :) Paracetamol is just Acetemenophen.

    --
    COOSN-266-06-25794

    Meat Plow, Jul 13, 2006
  5. Trish

    Rick Merrill Guest

    Trish wrote:

    > I have an annoying flicker on my lcd monitor. It has been happening for over
    > a year on and off. The only thing that seems to cure it, is to shut down and
    > leave for a few minutes before rebooting. It may go several months before it
    > happens again. I can't remember the last time it happened, ages ago. Now all
    > of a sudden, it has started again and has happened 3 or 4 times over the
    > last few days. It doesn't cause any other problems other than being annoying
    > and giving me headache. Would appreciate any help or ideas. Thank you.

    That could be interference from modems, etc. Keep all other devices at
    LEAST 6 inches away from the monitor, even an LCD monitor has the
    potential for interference from electromagnetic flux.
    Rick Merrill, Jul 13, 2006
  6. Trish

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Thu, 13 Jul 2006 08:44:16 -0400, Rick Merrill wrote:

    > Trish wrote:
    >
    >> I have an annoying flicker on my lcd monitor. It has been happening for
    >> over a year on and off. The only thing that seems to cure it, is to shut
    >> down and leave for a few minutes before rebooting. It may go several
    >> months before it happens again. I can't remember the last time it
    >> happened, ages ago. Now all of a sudden, it has started again and has
    >> happened 3 or 4 times over the last few days. It doesn't cause any other
    >> problems other than being annoying and giving me headache. Would
    >> appreciate any help or ideas. Thank you.
    >>

    > That could be interference from modems, etc. Keep all other devices at
    > LEAST 6 inches away from the monitor, even an LCD monitor has the
    > potential for interference from electromagnetic flux.

    I've never seen am LCD get interfered with by EMI. ****, I have a 100 watt
    Icom 706 MkII G all mode all band ham radio transceiver right under my 19"
    Dell and I get nary a wiggle even when transmitting at full output.

    --
    COOSN-266-06-25794

    Meat Plow, Jul 13, 2006
  7. Trish

    Trish Guest

    "Meat Plow" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 13 Jul 2006 13:01:11 +0100, Trish wrote:
    >

    >> "Meat Plow" <> wrote in message

    >>> Buy another monitor or stock up on Advil.

    >> We don't do Advil here thanks. Paracetamol, and I have plenty of
    >> them.

    > Well then generic Ibuprofen :) Paracetamol is just Acetemenophen.

    Get a life.........................

    Trish, Jul 13, 2006
  8. Trish

    Guest

    "Trish" <> wrote:

    |>"Meat Plow" <> wrote in message

    |>> Well then generic Ibuprofen :) Paracetamol is just Acetemenophen.

    |>Get a life.........................

    LOL!!1!

    Sorry Meat Plow that was just funny.. I googled the word as well
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paracetamol then read her reply, I'm
    guilty as well :))

    --
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/07/13/zidane_headbutt_outrage/
    , Jul 13, 2006
  9. Trish

    Trish Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > "Trish" <> wrote:
    >

    > |>"Meat Plow" <> wrote in message

    > |>Get a life.........................
    >
    > LOL!!1!
    >
    > Sorry Meat Plow that was just funny.. I googled the word as well
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paracetamol then read her reply, I'm
    > guilty as well :))

    Sad that one has to google such a simple word.

    Trish, Jul 13, 2006
  10. Trish

    Guest

    "Trish" <> wrote:

    |><> wrote in message

    |>> |
> [...]
    |>> |

    |>> LOL!!1!

    |>> Sorry Meat Plow that was just funny.. I googled the word as well
    |>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paracetamol then read her reply, I'm
    |>> guilty as well :))

    |>Sad that one has to google such a simple word.

    Hey, don't you have a computer to fix...

    --
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/07/13/zidane_headbutt_outrage/
    , Jul 13, 2006
  11. Trish

    Trish Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > "Trish" <> wrote:
    >

    > |><> wrote in message

    > |>> |

    > |>> |

    > |>Sad that one has to google such a simple word.
    >
    > Hey, don't you have a computer to fix...

    Don't you have a life to live?

    Trish, Jul 13, 2006
  12. Trish

    Guest

    "Trish" <> wrote:

    |><> wrote in message

    |>> |>> |
> [...]
    |>> |>> |

    |>> Hey, don't you have a computer to fix...

    |>Don't you have a life to live?

    From Telex, to BBS's to the Internet, being online has been part of my
    life for quite sometime.

    --
    http://tinyurl.com/pd9gy
    , Jul 13, 2006
  13. Trish

    Trish Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > "Trish" <> wrote:
    >

    > |><> wrote in message

    > |>> |>> |

    > of
    > |>> |>> |
    > Acetemenophen.

    > |>Don't you have a life to live?
    >
    > From Telex, to BBS's to the Internet, being online has been part of my
    > life for quite sometime.

    Only part...... Don't dare ask what the other part is.

    Trish, Jul 13, 2006
  14. Rick Merrill wrote:

    > LEAST 6 inches away from the monitor, even an LCD monitor has the
    > potential for interference from electromagnetic flux.

    What is the process that causes that with an LDC monitor, Rick?

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky the Shark, Jul 13, 2006