    Anyone know the shortcuts please?

    Thanks

    TLG

    Old Ted LG, Aug 26, 2007

  2. Old Ted LG

    samuel Guest

    samuel, Aug 26, 2007

  3. Old Ted LG

    ded Guest

    "Old Ted LG" <> wrote in message
    news:fHeAi.136850$...
    > Dell Inspiron Laptop
    > Windows XP
    >
    > Think grandchild pressed some keys!!
    >
    > Anyone know the shortcuts please?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > TLG

    Hi Blueyonder poster, do you mean the desktop display image is
    rotated, or do you mean the desktop icons are in a different position?
    RIGHT click anywhere blank on desktop
    Select "Properties"
    Click the "Desktop" tab
    Listed in the background box are options for the display image
    and above will be a preview
    Click on any of the other options, are they rotated also?
    If not, and it is just the one that is, then it was the actual image
    that was rotated. Locate the bitmap for image and open in paint
    In Paints toolbar you will find option to rotate

    ded, Aug 26, 2007
  4. Old Ted LG

    TJ Guest

    "Old Ted LG" <> wrote in news:fHeAi.136850
    $:

    > Dell Inspiron Laptop
    > Windows XP
    >
    > Think grandchild pressed some keys!!
    >
    > Anyone know the shortcuts please?

    Ctrl + Alt + up-arrow maybe?

    TJ, Aug 26, 2007
  5. Old Ted LG

    Old Ted LG Guest

    "TJ" <> wrote in message
    > "Old Ted LG" <> wrote in news:fHeAi.136850
    > $:
    >
    >> Dell Inspiron Laptop
    >> Windows XP
    >>
    >> Think grandchild pressed some keys!!
    >>
    >> Anyone know the shortcuts please?

    > Ctrl + Alt + up-arrow maybe?

    Thanks TJ - solved. Panic over, it's difficult on a laptop ;-)

    Thanks to all in fact.

    Ted

    Old Ted LG, Aug 26, 2007
  6. Old Ted LG

    TJ Guest

    "Old Ted LG" <> wrote in news:VxfAi.137952
    $:

    > "TJ" <> wrote in message
    >> "Old Ted LG" <> wrote in news:fHeAi.136850
    >> $:
    >>
    >>> Dell Inspiron Laptop
    >>> Windows XP
    >>>
    >>> Think grandchild pressed some keys!!
    >>>
    >>> Anyone know the shortcuts please?

    >> Ctrl + Alt + up-arrow maybe?
    >>

    > Thanks TJ - solved. Panic over, it's difficult on a laptop ;-)
    >
    > Thanks to all in fact.

    Thanks for reporting back. Also, if you want to prevent that from
    accidentally happening again, you might want to poke around in Control
    Panel>Display>Settings for an option to turn OFF the keyboard shortcuts
    relating to the display. It's probably in there somewhere.

    TJ, Aug 26, 2007
  7. Old Ted LG

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 13:49:41 GMT, Old Ted LG wrote:

    >"TJ" <> wrote in message
    >> "Old Ted LG" <> wrote in news:fHeAi.136850
    >> $:
    >>
    >>> Dell Inspiron Laptop
    >>> Windows XP
    >>>
    >>> Think grandchild pressed some keys!!
    >>>
    >>> Anyone know the shortcuts please?

    >> Ctrl + Alt + up-arrow maybe?
    >>

    >Thanks TJ - solved. Panic over, it's difficult on a laptop ;-)

    It's been posted before in 24HSHD, however there are either a lot of
    clever cats , less clever grandchildren and then the (grand)parents
    rotating the display more by accident.

    >Thanks to all in fact.

    Don't forget
    http://support.dell.com/
    select system type (pc/laptop)
    model range name
    model

    See links to support / manuals etc.

    Also www.google.com searches. for something simple and very quickly
    finds 3 answers the same for inspiron.

    dell inspiron rotate display

    http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/588230-solved-dell-inspiron-1550-inverted.html
    My cat walked over the keyboard of my powered-up Inspiron 1150.

    Rotate display on inspiron
    Some how I managed to get my new DELL Inspiron 6400 screen to go to ...
    inspiron ...
    www.howtofixcomputers.com/bb/ftopic208844.html - 25k - Cached - Similar
    pages

    Yahoo! Answers - My desktop screen is sideways on my dell inspiron ...
    My desktop screen is sideways on my dell inspiron notebook? ... Ex:
    Nvidia Control Panel-> Display-> Appearance-> Rotate Display. 2 weeks
    ago - Report Abuse ...
    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070802164643AAoplbf - 60k
    - Cached - Similar pages

    why?, Aug 26, 2007