    Fido Guest

    what is the best way to insure that the color values that you see on your
    monitor will be matched by the printer?...

    Fido, Jul 11, 2004

  2. Fido

    Ghostrider Guest

    Fido wrote:

    > what is the best way to insure that the color values that you see on your
    > monitor will be matched by the printer?...

    They won't...at least not exactly perfectly. This is due
    to the difference in the color resolution of the monitor
    and that of the printer. A monitor is capable of showing
    much more color shadings.

    Ghostrider, Jul 11, 2004

  3. Fido

    127.0.0.1 Guest

    "Fido" <> wrote in message
    > what is the best way to insure that the color values that you see on your
    > monitor will be matched by the printer?...

    test prints and record settings. (paper choice must be consistent)
    colour matching systems for professional use is available for a price.

    -a|ex

    127.0.0.1, Jul 11, 2004
  4. Fido

    PJB Guest

    "Fido" <> wrote in message
    > what is the best way to insure that the color values that

    you see on your
    > monitor will be matched by the printer?...

    you can't. What your eye can see, is not the same as what
    the monitor can display, similarly, what the monitor can
    display isn't the same as what the printer can print.
    It's called the Colour Gamut, or colour space. Our eyes have
    a much larger one, printer gamuts are small in comparison.
    Expensive colour printers do allow better matching between
    colour spaces, but even then, some colours (notably blues &
    greens) are difficult for printers to reproduce faithfully.

    P.

    PJB, Jul 11, 2004
  5. Fido

    Jerry G. Guest

    You will have to spend a lot of money on a professional monitor, the colour
    calibration standard software, video card, and also the printer. With home
    or standard office type equipment, it will be impossible to have an absolute
    accurate system.

    --

    Jerry G. GLG Technologies GLG
    ==========================

    Jerry G., Jul 11, 2004
  6. Fido

    °Mike° Guest

    Using colour profiles is the best option.

    Using Device Profiles with ICM
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/icm/icm_9l7x.asp

    ICC Color Printer Profiles for EPSON® Printers
    http://www.inkjetmall.com/store/cm/profilechooser1.html

    Color Profiles for Beginners
    http://www.windowatch.com/2001/january/chong7_1.html

    On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 22:46:17 -0700, in
    <>
    Fido scrawled:

    >what is the best way to insure that the color values that you
    >see on your monitor will be matched by the printer?...

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jul 11, 2004