    Namely, I wish to "capture" the image of a webcam.

    Thank you,

    Daniel

    Daniel, Jul 4, 2004

  2. Daniel

    Daniel Guest

    I actually would like a good program which would enable me to record a
    webcam.

    Thanks again,

    Daniel

    "Daniel" <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > Can someone please tell me how I can "capture" the screen when running

    WinXP

    Daniel, Jul 4, 2004

  3. Daniel

    Lloyd Jones Guest

    To do a screen capture press the Print Screen button on your keyboard and
    paste it into paint etc.

    LJ

    Lloyd Jones, Jul 4, 2004
  4. Daniel

    ProfGene Guest

    Many video viewing progams allow you to save the image as a still. I know I
    captured webcam pics this way. There is also a program called snap that
    will capture any portion of the screen and you can save it as bmp which can
    be converted to a jpg if you want. I know that Quicktime will save still
    images.

    ProfGene, Jul 6, 2004
  5. Daniel

    Stuart Guest

    Daniel wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > Can someone please tell me how I can "capture" the screen when running WinXP
    > ? Is there a "tool" in WinXp that "captures" the image of your desktop ?
    > Namely, I wish to "capture" the image of a webcam.
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Daniel

    Pressing print screen and then using a raster editing program will work
    or you can use Paint Shop Pro which has a capture system it also allows
    you to select a portion of the screen or just a particular window.

    You could do a search on download.com or a similar site for a possible
    freeware program which may do what you want.

    Stuart

    Stuart, Jul 6, 2004
  6. Daniel

    Lloyd Jones Guest

    If you only want the window your looking at to copy hold alt down when you

    Lloyd Jones, Jul 6, 2004
  7. Daniel

    Daniel Guest

    "Lloyd Jones" <@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > To do a screen capture press the Print Screen button on your keyboard and
    > paste it into paint etc.

    Ok, thank you.

    Daniel

    Daniel, Jul 6, 2004
  8. Daniel

    Daniel Guest

    Thanks! Yeah, I just figured to "right click" save it (in jpg) as the
    refresh rates were pretty far appart for that particular webcam.

    Daniel

    Daniel, Jul 6, 2004
  9. Daniel

    Daniel Guest

    "Stuart" <> wrote in message
    > Daniel wrote:
    >
    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > Can someone please tell me how I can "capture" the screen when running

    WinXP
    > > ? Is there a "tool" in WinXp that "captures" the image of your desktop ?
    > > Namely, I wish to "capture" the image of a webcam.
    > >
    > > Thank you,
    > >
    > > Daniel

    > Pressing print screen and then using a raster editing program will work
    > or you can use Paint Shop Pro which has a capture system it also allows
    > you to select a portion of the screen or just a particular window.
    >
    > You could do a search on download.com or a similar site for a possible
    > freeware program which may do what you want.
    >
    > Stuart

    Alright, thanks Stuart!

    Daniel

    Daniel, Jul 6, 2004
  10. Daniel

    Daniel Guest

    Ok, thanks again! :))

    Daniel

    Daniel, Jul 6, 2004
  11. Daniel

    Stuart Guest

    Lloyd Jones wrote:
    > If you only want the window your looking at to copy hold alt down when you
    > press the Print Screen button on your keyboard.
    >
    > LJ

    I am aware of that, thanks.

    Stuart

    Stuart, Jul 8, 2004