    goes away but figured I'd post before to see if anyone else has seen this
    problem?

    Patrick

    =?Utf-8?B?UGF0cmljaw==?=, May 29, 2005

  2. Alright, the reboot did nothing.
    Here are the specs:

    Shuttle SN95G5
    AMD 3200+ 64 bit processor
    BFG 6600GT OC using the latest Nvidia drivers
    Soundblaster Live! X-Gamer 5.1 using the SBLive Beta drivers
    1 Gig Corsair TwinX RAM running at 2-2-2-5

    I booted into safe mode and had no problems with the video. I disabled a
    few startup items and the screen no longer blanks when starting up but it
    still blanks when clicking on an avi or mpeg file.

    This is getting rather annoying, please help!

    Patrick

    =?Utf-8?B?UGF0cmljaw==?=, May 29, 2005

  3. The problem seems to be caused by the NVIDIA Display Panel extension. By
    disabling hardware acceleration I was able to stop the blanking of the screen
    and recieved a message that let me know the panel extension was turned off.
    Now...how do I turn off the extension which appears only when accessing video
    files and not turning off hardware acceleration entirely?

    =?Utf-8?B?UGF0cmljaw==?=, May 29, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?UGF0cmljaw==?=

    James Park Guest

    I too have the problem with video files. Most of the time it's just for a
    second, but sometimes my monitor goes "permanently" black (have to turn
    monitor off and on to show screen). I have no idea how to fix this either.
    It's been a while, but I think I had this problem with 32-bit Windows as
    well.

    My specs:
    ASUS A8V Deluxe
    AMD 64 3200+ O/C'd to 2.25GHz
    512MB Corsair PC2700 2-3-2-5, O/C'd to ~205MHz (PC3280?)
    BFG 6800 with pipes unlocked in BIOS, auto-O/C'd in drivers, 71.84 drivers
    SoundBlaster Audigy (1) Gamer with beta drivers

    I have a few things I want to try, I'll report back here if I find anything
    interesting.

    James Park, May 29, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?UGF0cmljaw==?=

    James Park Guest

    Whew, I almost installed a seperate test version of Windows. Delete off the
    following key (after exporting it of course):
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{FFB699E0-306A-11d3-8BD1-00104B6F7516}

    I have no idea what side effects this might cause, but it fixed the problem
    on my computer.

    James Park, May 29, 2005
  6. Thanks. But before I do that, where did you find out about that particular
    registry entry?

    =?Utf-8?B?UGF0cmljaw==?=, May 29, 2005
  7. =?Utf-8?B?UGF0cmljaw==?=

    James Park Guest

    I figured the problem had something to do with the Play On My menu that the
    drivers installed. If you look it up "play on my" in the registry, it'll
    bring up the "play on my tv helper" along with that clsid. I searched for
    that, and the key I listed seemed to be the important one key.

    I hope NVIDIA gets around to either fixing it or at least allowing us to
    disable it more easily (maybe something already exists for the NVTweak key
    though I haven't looked around).

    James Park, May 29, 2005
  8. Thanks, that worked for me too.

    =?Utf-8?B?UGF0cmljaw==?=, May 29, 2005