screen area settings

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by LIZSHAW76, Dec 23, 2003.

  1. LIZSHAW76

    LIZSHAW76 Guest

    Hi wonder if someone could help i have a problem changing the screen area
    setting this is what i am already trying

    Start
    settings
    control panel
    Display
    settings
    change screen settings from 640 by 480 pixels to
    800 by 600 pixels
    apply
    a message appears
    you must restart your computer before settings will take effect do you want to
    restart your computer now?
    YES
    Blank black screen appears saying
    windows is restarting...

    But it doesnt restart
    what am i doing wrong i have to move windows around to read whats in them as
    they are to big also i cants see things properly the colour is i suppose spotty

    If any one could help i would be greatful
    PS this is my first incounter with a newsgroup so sorry if its not quite right
    i dont even know where to get a reply could be intresting. thanks again LIZ
    LIZSHAW76, Dec 23, 2003

  2. LIZSHAW76

    Brian H¹© Guest

    LIZSHAW76 said:

    > Hi wonder if someone could help i have a problem changing the screen area
    > setting this is what i am already trying
    >
    > Start
    > settings
    > control panel
    > Display
    > settings
    > change screen settings from 640 by 480 pixels to
    > 800 by 600 pixels
    > apply
    > a message appears
    > you must restart your computer before settings will take effect do you want to
    > restart your computer now?
    > YES
    > Blank black screen appears saying
    > windows is restarting...
    >
    > But it doesnt restart
    > what am i doing wrong i have to move windows around to read whats in them as
    > they are to big also i cants see things properly the colour is i suppose
    > spotty
    >
    > If any one could help i would be greatful
    > PS this is my first incounter with a newsgroup so sorry if its not quite right
    > i dont even know where to get a reply could be intresting. thanks again LIZ

    Reply no and then do a manual restart, see if that helps.
    Brian H¹©, Dec 23, 2003

  3. LIZSHAW76

    °Mike° Guest

    Boot into Safe Mode and remove your display adapter from Device
    Manager. Boot back into normal mode, and update your video
    drivers. Also update DirectX, if necessary.
    http://www.microsoft.com/directx/

    On 23 Dec 2003 17:37:31 GMT, in
    <>
    LIZSHAW76 scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Dec 23, 2003
  4. LIZSHAW76

    Paul - xxx Guest

    LIZSHAW76 posted ...

    > But it doesnt restart
    > what am i doing wrong i have to move windows around to read whats in
    > them as they are to big also i cants see things properly the colour
    > is i suppose spotty
    >
    > If any one could help i would be greatful

    Update the video drivers and try again ..

    --
    Paul
    Paul - xxx, Dec 23, 2003