    an I rebuild my xp disk in some way. I can tell what files I need from the
    failed install. Can I get those files and make a new cd. I should have
    backed it up but I tought well, I didn't really oops

    tomas, Oct 24, 2005

  2. tomas

    gordon Guest

    tomas wrote:
    > Hello,
    > an I rebuild my xp disk in some way. I can tell what files I need from the
    > failed install. Can I get those files and make a new cd. I should have
    > backed it up but I tought well, I didn't really oops

    Try cleaning it with toothpaste.

    --
    Registered Linux User no 240308
    Ubuntu 5.10, Pan, Evolution and Firefox

    gordon, Oct 24, 2005

  3. tomas

    Kenny Guest

    Or Brasso and a soft cloth, work from the middle out towards the edge, not
    in circles.
    --
    Kenny Cargill

    Kenny, Oct 24, 2005
  4. tomas

    SgtMinor Guest

    tomas wrote:
    > Hello,
    > an I rebuild my xp disk in some way. I can tell what files I need from the
    > failed install. Can I get those files and make a new cd. I should have
    > backed it up but I tought well, I didn't really oops

    PC Magazine just did a review of some disc repair kits:

    SgtMinor, Oct 24, 2005
  5. tomas

    Dan Evans Guest

    "tomas" <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    > an I rebuild my xp disk in some way.

    "Home" remedies are OK, but first go to your local DVD/Video rental store
    and ask them if they can restore the surface, just think how often they get
    the discs scratched. There is proper polishing machinery that they use, and
    it tends to do a better job. They may charge, but whats a few $currency
    compared to buying new install media from MS.

    Dan

    Dan Evans, Oct 24, 2005