    "Please insert the correct CD-ROM, select OK, restart application."
    Is there anything else I can try? TIA.
    , Dec 11, 2004

  2. <> wrote in message
    news:...
    | My kids managed to put scratches on their (SIMS Unleashed game) CD-ROM.
    | It still works fine when playing the game. I've tried to burn a copy of
    | the CD (disk to disk), but during the burn process I get read errors
    | from the source CD and it's unsuccessful. I've tried two different
    | machines/burners.
    |
    | I can successfully copy the CD to the hard drive, with all files
    | comparing 100%. Then I can create a new CD from these files
    | successfully. But when I put the new CD in the drive and start the game
    | I get the following error message:
    |
    | "Please insert the correct CD-ROM, select OK, restart application."
    | Is there anything else I can try? TIA.

    You could try one of these.

    http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=301230&pfp=SEARCH

    I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
    I was just trying to help.
    advice herein.
    No warranty is expressed or implied.
    Your mileage may vary.
    See store for details. :)

    Remove shoes to E-mail.
    HillBillyBuddhist, Dec 11, 2004

  3. Larc Guest

    On 11 Dec 2004 12:32:51 -0800, wrote:

    | My kids managed to put scratches on their (SIMS Unleashed game) CD-ROM.
    | It still works fine when playing the game. I've tried to burn a copy of
    | the CD (disk to disk), but during the burn process I get read errors
    | from the source CD and it's unsuccessful. I've tried two different
    | machines/burners.
    |
    | I can successfully copy the CD to the hard drive, with all files
    | comparing 100%. Then I can create a new CD from these files
    | successfully. But when I put the new CD in the drive and start the game
    | I get the following error message:
    |
    | "Please insert the correct CD-ROM, select OK, restart application."
    | Is there anything else I can try? TIA.

    Did you title the CD the same as the original? Is the directory
    structure the same?

    Larc

    Larc, Dec 11, 2004
  4. Harry Avant Guest

    Maybe you should make an iso file of it rather than a disc copy to
    your hard drive. Then burn the iso file to make a new cd. It may be a
    case that while you're making a "good" copy not all of the files are
    in the location on the disk were they are expected to be.

    Harry Avant, Dec 11, 2004
  5. OldFartJAC Guest

    All of the Sim's Cd's have copy protection. You have to use special software
    to to rip an image file.

    OldFartJAC, Dec 12, 2004
  6. Mellowed Guest

    You probably are trying to copy a 'copy protected disk'. You will need
    software that can read additional information. Further, not all CD readers
    and writers can copy the information even if you have the proper software.
    You can try some of these sites to get information.

    http://www.slysoft.com/en/ for Clone CD

    http://www.alcohol-software.com/

    Try this forum http://clone.cd/phpBB/index.php

    Mellowed, Dec 12, 2004
  7. MWB Guest

    MWB, Dec 14, 2004
  8. Neil Maxwell Guest

    Easiest approach is to get a no-CD patch from www.gamecopyworld.com.

    Neil Maxwell, Dec 14, 2004
  9. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Dec 15, 2004
  10. David Hemingsley, Dec 15, 2004
  11. David Hemingsley wrote:
    > buy a new one they r only 30p

    You pay that much?
    Mike O'Sullivan, Dec 15, 2004
  12. why do you know somewhere cheaper

    David Hemingsley, Dec 15, 2004
  13. David Hemingsley wrote:
    > why do you know somewhere cheaper

    Jessops. 100 on a spindle for £14.99
    Mike O'Sullivan, Dec 15, 2004
  14. In article <> Mike OSullivan
    <> wrote:

    >David Hemingsley wrote:
    >> why do you know somewhere cheaper

    >Jessops. 100 on a spindle for £14.99

    Is this a trick question?

    --
    Lady Chatterly

    "'debate' with 'Lady Chatterly' now that is a JOKE!!!!!!!! *ROFLMAO*"
    -- Philip Lewis
    Lady Chatterly, Dec 15, 2004