    cobs Guest

    Very impressive - I reckon they should look at Pulse Jets for the AKL
    Speedway - give the killjoys something real to complain about :cool:

    cobs, Dec 24, 2004

  2. cobs

    BTMO Guest

    "cobs" <> wrote

    > Very impressive - I reckon they should look at Pulse Jets for the AKL
    > Speedway - give the killjoys something real to complain about :cool:

    Hee hee hee....

    :)

    I like that idea! And yes, Bruce did the team proud!

    Cheers,

    Brenton

    BTMO, Dec 24, 2004

  3. cobs

    BTMO Guest

    "cobs" <> wrote

    BTMO, Dec 24, 2004
  4. cobs

    Robert Cooze Guest

    cobs wrote:
    > Very impressive - I reckon they should look at Pulse Jets for the AKL
    > Speedway - give the killjoys something real to complain about :cool:

    Way Cool NOISE NOISE NOISE

    and the ground shaked

    Robert Cooze, Dec 24, 2004
  5. cobs

    Robert Cooze Guest

    Robert Cooze, Dec 24, 2004
  6. cobs

    cobs Guest

    Robert Cooze wrote:
    > cobs wrote:
    >
    >> Very impressive - I reckon they should look at Pulse Jets for the AKL
    >> Speedway - give the killjoys something real to complain about :cool:

    > Way Cool NOISE NOISE NOISE
    >
    > and the ground shaked

    Bruce has a heap more info at
    http://www.aardvark.co.nz/pjet/

    ...including some vcd quality video clips - the broadcast quality TV
    program sounded amazing with the volume up, must be unreal 'in the flesh'.

    cobs, Dec 24, 2004
  7. cobs

    cobs Guest

    cobs, Dec 24, 2004
  8. cobs

    max@max Guest

    cobs wrote:
    > Very impressive - I reckon they should look at Pulse Jets for the AKL
    > Speedway - give the killjoys something real to complain about :cool:

    And of course if you havn't done google "bruce pluse jet"
    Try this link for a start
    http://www.aardvark.co.nz/pjet/

    Max

    max@max, Dec 24, 2004
  9. cobs

    max@max Guest

    max@max, Dec 24, 2004
  10. cobs

    cobs Guest

    max@max wrote:
    > cobs wrote:
    >
    >> Very impressive - I reckon they should look at Pulse Jets for the AKL
    >> Speedway - give the killjoys something real to complain about :cool:

    > And of course if you havn't done google "bruce pluse jet"
    > Try this link for a start
    > http://www.aardvark.co.nz/pjet/
    >
    > Max

    Yeah, I found it after looking up 'Scrapheap Challenge' - the Jet Car
    Episode page stood out.

    Last time I looked was when Bruce was using a pulse jet to power his sub
    5k USD cruise missile.

    I think someone with a .cri or .mil (or even .ac) email address should
    send some work his way - for the good of the country you understand :)

    There seem to be various tech incubator funds about to foster
    innovation, and here there's someone with a proven, if somewhat noisy,
    track record. Imagine an x-year engineering course where part of the
    assessed work is to build a better pulse jet, or even cruise missile.
    Funds can be recovered through related commercial enterprise ;)

    Has to be better than some of the funding failures that have made the
    news this year.

    cobs, Dec 24, 2004
  11. cobs

    cobs Guest

    cobs, Dec 24, 2004
  12. cobs

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "cobs" <> wrote in message news:...
    > max@max wrote:
    > > cobs wrote:
    > >
    > >> Very impressive - I reckon they should look at Pulse Jets for the AKL
    > >> Speedway - give the killjoys something real to complain about :cool:

    > > And of course if you havn't done google "bruce pluse jet"
    > > Try this link for a start
    > > http://www.aardvark.co.nz/pjet/
    > >
    > > Max

    > Yeah, I found it after looking up 'Scrapheap Challenge' - the Jet Car
    > Episode page stood out.
    >
    > Last time I looked was when Bruce was using a pulse jet to power his sub
    > 5k USD cruise missile.
    >
    > I think someone with a .cri or .mil (or even .ac) email address should
    > send some work his way - for the good of the country you understand :)
    >
    > There seem to be various tech incubator funds about to foster
    > innovation, and here there's someone with a proven, if somewhat noisy,
    > track record. Imagine an x-year engineering course where part of the
    > assessed work is to build a better pulse jet, or even cruise missile.
    > Funds can be recovered through related commercial enterprise ;)
    >
    > Has to be better than some of the funding failures that have made the
    > news this year.

    You do realise that some years ago Bruce was doing very well for himself.
    These days he's damn near struggling to make ends meet. He's not good at
    all when it comes to business, getting into deep shit with IRD proves how
    bad he is away from the garage workshop.
    If he bothered to work with someone that has the money his dreams would get
    off the ground, he more than likely wouldn't be the head of such company and
    most profits would go to the mug or mugs that would've taken the gamble to
    finance the outfit.
    Great guy with great and big ideas, it's only bad financial management
    that's held him back. With more care he had the potential to have it all,
    but it most likely wouldn't have been under his name.

    It's his landlord's fault the Bruce's place got burgled - according to the
    man himself. Do you know how much window locks are these days? It costs
    bugger all to least make things hard going for any low life burglar.

    Bruce does have a large more realistic project under way with the help of
    some very good sponsors. A large scale full on exhibition multi Pulse Jet
    Dragster. Going by his plans it will have much larger Pulse Jets than the
    little one in his backyard. The potential is for a very exciting sponsor
    and crowd pleasing vehicle, which just might open a few doors up for Bruce
    if he's able to play his business cards right.

    E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge, Dec 24, 2004
  13. cobs

    E. Scrooge Guest

    E. Scrooge, Dec 24, 2004
  14. cobs

    Brendan Guest

    On Sat, 25 Dec 2004 11:36:11 +1300, E. Scrooge wrote:

    > Great guy with great and big ideas, it's only bad financial management
    > that's held him back.

    Bruce's financial worries were down to a government seeking a legal way of
    nobbling his jet projects at the behest of the Yanks and their 'war on
    terror'. They did this through Draconian interpretation of tax laws.

    I am undecided if your repeated regurgitation of bullshit is a genetic flaw
    or a psychiatric illness. Either way your rancid yap is unwelcome.

    --

    .... Brendan

    "The orgasm has replaced the Cross as the focus of longing and the image of fulfillment." -- Malcolm Muggeridge

    Note: All my comments are copyright 25/12/2004 10:22:29 p.m. and are opinion only where not otherwise stated and always "to the best of my recollection". www.computerman.orcon.net.nz.

    Brendan, Dec 25, 2004
  15. cobs

    Brendan, Dec 25, 2004
  16. cobs

    Nomad Damon Guest

    On , , Sat, 25 Dec 2004 22:33:52 +1300, Re: Scrapheap Challenge,
    yay Bruce, Brendan <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 25 Dec 2004 11:36:11 +1300, E. Scrooge wrote:
    >
    >> Great guy with great and big ideas, it's only bad financial management
    >> that's held him back.

    >Bruce's financial worries were down to a government seeking a legal way of
    >nobbling his jet projects at the behest of the Yanks and their 'war on
    >terror'. They did this through Draconian interpretation of tax laws.

    REDS UNDER THE BEDS!!! REDS UNDER THE BEDS!!!
    What you expectorate is conspiracy theory.

    Nomad Damon, Dec 25, 2004
  17. cobs

    Nomad Damon, Dec 25, 2004
  18. cobs

    Brendan Guest

    On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 08:24:32 +1300, Nomad Damon wrote:

    > REDS UNDER THE BEDS!!! REDS UNDER THE BEDS!!!

    Don't be fucking ridiculous. It's not as if it'd be anything new to the
    world.

    > What you expectorate is conspiracy theory.

    Bruce could have been allowed to trade out of those debts as many others
    have been allowed to.

    Our American overlords certainly must have dictated events to our
    government in this matter. The yanks, despite often successful propaganda
    to the contrary, have interfered with other nations for over 100 years.
    Everything from Panama through to Iraq.

    A diplomat making noises over Bruce's projects would not even rate.

    If you think otherwise you are living in a fantasy.

    --

    .... Brendan

    OZMOSIS: The inability of one's job to live up to one's self-image. -- Douglas Coupland

    Note: All my comments are copyright 26/12/2004 1:55:05 p.m. and are opinion only where not otherwise stated and always "to the best of my recollection". www.computerman.orcon.net.nz.

    Brendan, Dec 26, 2004
  19. cobs

    Brendan, Dec 26, 2004
  20. cobs

    steve Guest

    Nomad Damon wrote:

    > On , , Sat, 25 Dec 2004 22:33:52 +1300, Re: Scrapheap Challenge,
    > yay Bruce, Brendan <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Sat, 25 Dec 2004 11:36:11 +1300, E. Scrooge wrote:
    >>
    >>> Great guy with great and big ideas, it's only bad financial management
    >>> that's held him back.

    >>Bruce's financial worries were down to a government seeking a legal way of
    >>nobbling his jet projects at the behest of the Yanks and their 'war on
    >>terror'. They did this through Draconian interpretation of tax laws.

    > REDS UNDER THE BEDS!!! REDS UNDER THE BEDS!!!
    > What you expectorate is conspiracy theory.

    Sure........any speculation is a theory until proven right or
    wrong....neither of which can be said of this theory.

    steve, Dec 26, 2004