    the computer and went n told my wife that I loved her.
    --
    This is not the work of a complete idiot....not yet.
    Harold potter esq, Jan 13, 2006

  2. Harold potter esq, <>, the
    submissive, loathsome penis monkey, and bill poster, urped:

    > Hi, just wondering if anyone else had the same problem as me, playing
    > on line scrabble. Friend advised me to go to games.com and go to the
    > scrabble. All new fangled to me but my goodness, did I learn fast. I
    > was playing this mute and suddenly he or she coming up with these
    > strange martian words. I am in n.ireland, uk and the other person
    > was in USA. For example, in states, it is spelt color but in uk, it
    > is colour. Far too many discrepancies because obviously the on line
    > scrabble was geared to a usa dictionary. Another one, he or she
    > spelt it dictionry. Anyway just dying to know if anyone else from uk
    > experienced same problem. When I remarked about this, the person at
    > other end adivised me that, well the USA is the correct
    > one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Who took English to the states...I gave up, kicked
    > the computer and went n told my wife that I loved her.

    Ignore the illiterate ameriKKKan cunts. It's not bad enough the fucking
    wankers can't spell, and that they have no language, let alone a history
    they can call their own, they have to imitate yet bastardise the ours.

    If there's a next time, just refer to all ameriKKKan as inbreeding canucks -
    They like that.
    Karkhi al-Abdul-Basir, Jan 13, 2006

  3. Harold potter esq

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Karkhi al-Abdul-Basir"
    <-bacilliform-parakeet.org> wrote in message
    > Harold potter esq, <>, the
    > submissive, loathsome penis monkey, and bill poster, urped:
    >
    >> Hi, just wondering if anyone else had the same problem as me, playing
    >> on line scrabble. Friend advised me to go to games.com and go to the
    >> scrabble. All new fangled to me but my goodness, did I learn fast. I
    >> was playing this mute and suddenly he or she coming up with these
    >> strange martian words. I am in n.ireland, uk and the other person
    >> was in USA. For example, in states, it is spelt color but in uk, it
    >> is colour. Far too many discrepancies because obviously the on line
    >> scrabble was geared to a usa dictionary. Another one, he or she
    >> spelt it dictionry. Anyway just dying to know if anyone else from uk
    >> experienced same problem. When I remarked about this, the person at
    >> other end adivised me that, well the USA is the correct
    >> one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Who took English to the states...I gave up, kicked
    >> the computer and went n told my wife that I loved her.

    > Ignore the illiterate ameriKKKan cunts. It's not bad enough the fucking
    > wankers can't spell, and that they have no language, let alone a history
    > they can call their own, they have to imitate yet bastardise the ours.
    >
    > If there's a next time, just refer to all ameriKKKan as inbreeding
    > canucks -
    > They like that.

    Oh, hey, c'mon now. Not all of us are that way. I think you're being rather
    bigoted there...

    --
    Regardless of Public Law No. 109-162 I hereby affirm that it is probably my
    intent to annoy the reader of this post. Get over it.
    Toolman Tim, Jan 13, 2006
  4. Harold potter esq

    FML Guest

    Harold potter esq wrote:
    > Hi, just wondering if anyone else had the same problem as me, playing on
    > line scrabble. Friend advised me to go to games.com and go to the scrabble.
    > All new fangled to me but my goodness, did I learn fast. I was playing this
    > mute and suddenly he or she coming up with these strange martian words. I
    > am in n.ireland, uk and the other person was in USA. For example, in
    > states, it is spelt color but in uk, it is colour. Far too many
    > discrepancies because obviously the on line scrabble was geared to a usa
    > dictionary. Another one, he or she spelt it dictionry. Anyway just dying
    > to know if anyone else from uk experienced same problem. When I remarked
    > about this, the person at other end adivised me that, well the USA is the
    > correct one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Who took English to the states...I gave up, kicked
    > the computer and went n told my wife that I loved her.

    Although there are many words that we do indeed spell differently,
    "dictionary" is not one of them. Sounds like the Scrabble software you
    are using has a crappy "dictionry" (sic)

    BTW, the "on the fly" spell checker for Thunderbird 1.5 just highlighted
    the above "dictionry" as a misspelled word using the US English dictionary.
    FML, Jan 13, 2006
  5. Toolman Tim, <>, the long-winded, shipwrecked
    gnat, and shyster lawyer, chalked:

    > "Karkhi al-Abdul-Basir"
    > <-bacilliform-parakeet.org> wrote in
    > message

    >> Harold potter esq, <>, the
    >> submissive, loathsome penis monkey, and bill poster, urped:
    >>
    >>> Hi, just wondering if anyone else had the same problem as me,
    >>> playing on line scrabble. Friend advised me to go to games.com and
    >>> go to the scrabble. All new fangled to me but my goodness, did I
    >>> learn fast. I was playing this mute and suddenly he or she coming
    >>> up with these strange martian words. I am in n.ireland, uk and the
    >>> other person was in USA. For example, in states, it is spelt color
    >>> but in uk, it is colour. Far too many discrepancies because
    >>> obviously the on line scrabble was geared to a usa dictionary. Another
    >>> one, he or she spelt it dictionry. Anyway just dying to
    >>> know if anyone else from uk experienced same problem. When I
    >>> remarked about this, the person at other end adivised me that, well
    >>> the USA is the correct one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Who took English to the
    >>> states...I gave up, kicked the computer and went n told my wife
    >>> that I loved her.

    >> Ignore the illiterate ameriKKKan cunts. It's not bad enough the
    >> fucking wankers can't spell, and that they have no language, let
    >> alone a history they can call their own, they have to imitate yet
    >> bastardise the ours. If there's a next time, just refer to all ameriKKKan
    >> as inbreeding
    >> canucks -
    >> They like that.
    >>

    > Oh, hey, c'mon now. Not all of us are that way. I think you're being
    > rather bigoted there...

    You're right, you're not a ****. I'll just put you down as an inbred canuck
    instead.
    Abdul-Rauf ibn Salih al-Abdullah, Jan 13, 2006
  6. Harold potter esq

    Kenny Guest

    Just read in another group that Thunderbird's spell checker marks
    Thunderbird as misspelt. I don't use it so can't check.

    --
    Kenny Cargill

    Kenny, Jan 13, 2006
  7. Harold potter esq

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2006-01-13, Harold potter esq <>
    wrote:

    > Hi, just wondering if anyone else had the same problem as me, playing on
    > line scrabble. Friend advised me to go to games.com and go to the scrabble.
    > All new fangled to me but my goodness, did I learn fast. I was playing this
    > mute and suddenly he or she coming up with these strange martian words. I
    > am in n.ireland, uk and the other person was in USA. For example, in
    > states, it is spelt color but in uk, it is colour. Far too many
    > discrepancies because obviously the on line scrabble was geared to a usa
    > dictionary. Another one, he or she spelt it dictionry. Anyway just dying
    > to know if anyone else from uk experienced same problem. When I remarked
    > about this, the person at other end adivised me that, well the USA is the
    > correct one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Who took English to the states...I gave up, kicked
    > the computer and went n told my wife that I loved her.

    Don't the on-line word games offer a chance to select and agree on a
    reference dictionary or word-list before play begins? Even two British
    English dictionaries can disagree about the existence of a word.

    Of course, the spelling checker on a computer can be fed lies, such as
    that dixunnry is the krekt spelling ;))

    --
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, Jan 14, 2006