    Is this correct?

    Thanks,

    Sarah

    Sarah Lacklin, Jan 27, 2004

  2. Sarah Lacklin

    Hermit Dave Guest

    hello Sarah,
    could tell you a great deal about how to score.. but i guess thats not what
    you are asking.
    Maybe you are but in with exams in mind.
    okay 700 is the passing score.
    max score is not known.
    i have heard from people who have scored 1024
    its supposed to be adaptive in the sense that the weightage of next question
    is decided on current one being right or wrong.
    hope this answers your query.

    --

    Regards,
    HD

    Hermit Dave, Jan 27, 2004

  3. Sarah Lacklin

    Kumar Guest

    The test is not adaptive, because you can go back to previous questions and
    still change the answers.. Adaptive tests work in a different way, where
    your answer is final and you can not modify..

    Kumar, Jan 27, 2004
  4. Sarah Lacklin

    Hermit Dave Guest

    well then define a score of 811
    you can go and change the answer... but its all about degree of adaptiveness
    since you moved to the next question... the weightage was assigned on your
    answer.. so the question is already out there..
    now if you go back and change the answer... the question you moved back from
    is still there... and its weightage wont change
    its adaptive in that sense.

    --

    Regards,
    HD

    Hermit Dave, Jan 27, 2004
  5. Sarah Lacklin

    Kumar Guest

    > now if you go back and change the answer... the question you moved back
    from
    > is still there... and its weightage wont change
    > its adaptive in that sense.

    If the weightage does not change based on your answer.. how can that be
    called adaptive.. I have taken couple of adaptive tests, where the answer
    was final and you do not have an option to go back. Since your questions
    depend on your previous answer and they have their weightage (toughness) {
    if you can go back, the question's weightage lose its meaning}. If you had
    taken a real adaptive test, you would have understand how it really differ
    from these microsoft tests.. People who have taken GRE would agree with me.

    > well then define a score of 811
    > you can go and change the answer... but its all about degree of

    adaptiveness
    > since you moved to the next question... the weightage was assigned on your
    > answer.. so the question is already out there..
    > now if you go back and change the answer... the question you moved back

    from
    > is still there... and its weightage wont change
    > its adaptive in that sense.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Regards,
    > HD
    > "Kumar" <> wrote in message
    > > The test is not adaptive, because you can go back to previous questions
    > > and
    > > still change the answers.. Adaptive tests work in a different way, where
    > > your answer is final and you can not modify..
    > > "Hermit Dave" <> wrote in

    message

    Kumar, Jan 27, 2004
  6. Sarah Lacklin

    Hermit Dave Guest

    i did say adaptive "in the sense.... .... " it is not fully adaptive... yes
    i agree with you on the fact that a cent percent adapter test shouldn't and
    wouldn't allow you to go back and change the answer.

    --
    Regards,
    HD

    Hermit Dave, Jan 27, 2004
  7. Sarah Lacklin

    joe blow Guest

    So the idea is to answer every question wrong so they
    stay easy and then go back and answer them all right?

    in message
    >>> now if you go back and change the answer... the

    question you moved back
    >> from
    >>> is still there... and its weightage wont change
    >>> its adaptive in that sense.

    >> If the weightage does not change based on your

    answer.. how can that be
    >> called adaptive.. I have taken couple of adaptive

    tests, where the answer
    >> was final and you do not have an option to go back.

    Since your questions
    >> depend on your previous answer and they have their

    weightage (toughness) {
    >> if you can go back, the question's weightage lose its

    meaning}. If you had
    >> taken a real adaptive test, you would have understand

    how it really differ
    >> from these microsoft tests.. People who have taken GRE

    would agree with
    >> me.
    >>

    >> "Hermit Dave"

    <> wrote in
    message

    wrote in message

    to previous questions

    different way,

    <> wrote in

    joe blow, Jan 27, 2004
  8. Sarah Lacklin

    Hermit Dave Guest

    yeah but you would still flunk cause with their weightage already assigned
    you wouldn't get to pass score even if you went in an changed them all to
    correct answers

    --
    Regards,
    HD

    Hermit Dave, Jan 27, 2004
  9. >So the idea is to answer every question wrong so they
    >stay easy and then go back and answer them all right?

    Good try but no cigar. As Kumar as already said, the old microsoft
    adaptive tests did not allow you to go back, once you answered a
    question, that's it for that question and the testing software would
    work out the next question to be answered, If after a varying number
    of questions, the software decided you were stupid, it would tell you
    that you had failed, or if you knew your stuff, that you had passed.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jan 28, 2004