    happens I just quit the game and start over but it is annoying. I am hoping
    that it will be fixed in time. I don't know any other way to fix it.
    Mary

    Mary, Sep 29, 2003

  2. Mary

    Raine Guest

    "Mary" <> wrote in message
    news:qIWdb.60$...
    > Has anyone notice errors in the calculations of the scores for Hearts?

    There
    > are times when the person that took all of the cards will have no

    points
    > added to their score and the other three players will each have 26

    points
    > added to their scores. There are other instances of errors but I think

    that
    > this happened after the last security download by Microsoft. When

    this
    > happens I just quit the game and start over but it is annoying. I am

    hoping
    > that it will be fixed in time. I don't know any other way to fix it.
    > Mary

    Happens in Yahoo Canasta as well!

    Raine, Sep 29, 2003

  3. Mary

    News Guest

    Read Hoyle. When one player takes all, all others get 26. THAT'S THE POINT

    News, Sep 29, 2003
  4. Mary

    Sharon Guest

    "Mary" <> wrote in

    > Has anyone notice errors in the calculations of the scores for Hearts?
    > There are times when the person that took all of the cards will have
    > no points added to their score and the other three players will each
    > have 26 points added to their scores.

    Yes, this is called "shooting the moon" and when successfully done can be a
    real game winner.

    IOW, its supposed to happen. Look up the rules for the game 'hearts' here
    http://www.pagat.com/reverse/hearts.html#scoring

    sharon

    --
    SPAM BLOCK IN USE!
    Replace 'spam' with 'sharon' to reply in email.

    Sharon, Sep 29, 2003
  5. Mary

    Mary Guest

    Tha is not the way that the scores go in MS Hearts and is not always the way
    it goes. Sorry that MS doesn't score like hoyle.

    Mary, Sep 29, 2003
  6. Mary

    Mary Guest

    Sharon,
    This Microsoft not Hoyle. Have you ever used MS Hearts? If you have then
    you will see that MS does not score that way. If that would be the way then
    why do I get 13 points everytime I get the Queen of Hearts and when I don't
    get it I sometimes get 13 points?
    Mary

    Mary, Sep 29, 2003
  7. Mary

    Mike Calkins Guest

    If you got all of the Hearts, and not the Queen of Spades, the 26 points
    would indeed be split. (You'd get 13, and whomever got the Queen of Spades
    would get 13).....

    Mike

    Mike Calkins, Sep 29, 2003