    very high score, but when the result shown on the screen,
    I only get 740.

    Thanks.

    new MCP, Nov 22, 2003

  2. new MCP

    Herb Martin Guest

    "new MCP" <> wrote in message
    news:082d01c3b0c1$2f42ceb0$...
    > I passed the exam 70-290 with the score 740.
    >
    > Does anyone know what is the maximum/full score for 70-
    > 290, 1000 or less?
    >
    > The reason I asked for this because I quite confidence on
    > all the questions I answered and assumed that I will get
    > very high score, but when the result shown on the screen,
    > I only get 740.

    Likely 1000 but that is meaningless. Microsoft makes a clear statement
    that "scores" have never been validated for anything other than a pass or
    a fail -- they always made this distinction even long before they ever tried
    to remove the scores (for other reasons.)

    You passed; you didn't answer all the questions correctly.

    Now is the time to take what you have learned and build open it.

    --
    Herb Martin

    Herb Martin, Nov 22, 2003

  3. new MCP

    brianz Guest

    Did you get the bar graphs showing what you were weak/strong on?

    I've taken some exams with scores that didn't have the graphs but most did.
    At least with the graphs you know what areas you were weaker on, and can
    work on these.

    brianz, Nov 22, 2003
  4. new MCP

    Herb Martin Guest

    --
    Herb Martin

    Herb Martin, Dec 1, 2003
  5. new MCP

    Herb Martin Guest

    "brianz" <> wrote in message
    > Did you get the bar graphs showing what you were weak/strong on?
    >
    > I've taken some exams with scores that didn't have the graphs but most

    did.
    > At least with the graphs you know what areas you were weaker on, and can
    > work on these.

    I don't worry about it -- there's a better way. When you leave an exam, at
    that
    very moment sit down and spend AT LEAST AN HOUR writing notes. Not
    to give to others to lazy to study but for YOU to study and find your
    weaknesses.

    Don't try to write down entire questions, just what KEY IDEAS would you have
    needed to know to make more sense out of the exam. In fact, ALL key ideas
    should be jotted down so that you can review even those things you THOUGHT
    you knew (especially important if you didn't pass.)

    This should be done on blank paper, it should initially take at least 30
    minutes, then
    you should have an Microsoft "outline" of the exam and go through that
    adding more
    items. If you have a study guide you should flip though it rapidly -- not
    looking for
    answers, but looking for more key points.

    Don't bother to write down "DHCP", but rather something more specific like
    "DHCP
    relay agent" or "DHCP user class". Try to be specific (without worrying
    about writing
    verbatim or even coming close to that.)

    When you can think of nothing else: Stare at a blank sheet of paper for 10
    minutes
    WITHOUT allowing your mind to wander and you will think of several more
    things.

    Later that day -- or at worst the next -- type those notes into your
    computer (while
    you can still read them AND remember what the abreviations and cryptic items
    mean.)

    Now you are ready to study at your leisure.

    One last thing. If you missed the exam, IMMEDIATELY REGISTER to retake it
    within
    ten days. I don't care if your "exam center" does same day registrations,
    register for that
    next exam NOW. One center I know discourages appointments, prefering
    walk-ins.
    I always go somewhere else (unless I get some free time and need to take an
    immediate
    exam.)

    Being registered CHANGES YOUR BRAIN.

    If you passed, immediately register for the NEXT exam.

    I have been doing this a long time and the above is tested by the thousands
    of MCSEs
    that I have personally trained, and thousands of others who have followed my
    advice through
    newsgroups and list servers.

    It works -- it's the right thing to do.

    --