    T.N.O. Guest

    So, umm what happened, it seems to have been all quiet on the news front for
    a while, and I was wondering if I missed it.

    T.N.O., Oct 17, 2003

  2. T.N.O.

    reetix Guest

    "T.N.O." <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > So, umm what happened, it seems to have been all quiet on the news front

    for
    > a while, and I was wondering if I missed it.

    SCO won, and Linux has been shut down

    reetix, Oct 17, 2003

  3. T.N.O.

    Cheetah Guest

    T.N.O. wrote:

    > So, umm what happened, it seems to have been all quiet on the news front
    > for a while, and I was wondering if I missed it.

    The NZOSS Council is currently considering various ideas. We have also had
    substantial donations to fight SCO. However, SCO have no presence in NZ
    except for their distributors, and their distributors currently are unable
    to discuss the issue, or to sell the "Linux License" that has been
    publically discussed.

    SCO has not publically released any evidence of infringement, and has taken
    actions that have caused significant damages. They have just been provided
    about 50 million in funding - which is good, as that will mean they will
    have some money when it comes to paying out all the countersuits :)

    Cheetah, Oct 17, 2003
  4. T.N.O.

    Peter Guest

    this quote is from T.N.O. of Sat, 18 Oct 2003 09:21 :
    > So, umm what happened, it seems to have been all quiet on the news front
    > for a while, and I was wondering if I missed it.

    some regularly updated commentary over here ...
    http://www.groklaw.net/

    Yes, gone a bit quiet, seems SCO is running out of ideas. They still
    haven't identified any bit of Linux that is actually copied from them.
    They put a piece of code up a while ago, claiming it was copied. Within a
    couple of days, the open source community explained where that code came
    from. This just proved that the open source guys know where their source
    code comes from, and SCO doesn't know where theirs is from.
    http://perens.com/Articles/SCO/SCOSlideShow.html

    SCO promised to send out heaps of invoices by 15 October, but didn't do it
    when it came to the crunch. Maybe their lawyers told them what a dumb idea
    that would be.

    Perhaps the main activity now is lots of lawyers filling in wads of
    timesheets to charge $$$$$ from their respective clients.

    Peter

    Peter, Oct 17, 2003
  5. T.N.O.

    Jay Guest

    T.N.O. wrote:

    > So, umm what happened, it seems to have been all quiet on the news front
    > for a while, and I was wondering if I missed it.

    SCO has just been given an extra $35m cash to play with.
    Expect to see executive redundancies, and large cash payouts, soon.

    Jay, Oct 18, 2003
  6. T.N.O.

    Mainlander Guest

    In article <f8Zjb.11838$9.net>, reetix@127.0.0.1
    says...
    > "T.N.O." <> wrote in message
    > > So, umm what happened, it seems to have been all quiet on the news front

    > for
    > > a while, and I was wondering if I missed it.

    > SCO won, and Linux has been shut down

    Piss off troll

    Mainlander, Oct 18, 2003
  7. T.N.O.

    asdf Guest

    from who?? (MS? who wants to incoradge them)

    asdf, Oct 19, 2003