    the 700,000 lines of IBM-copyrighted code therein. As usual, Groklaw broke
    the story." We previously reported on another IBM summary judgement from
    earlier this week.

    steve, Aug 20, 2004

  2. steve

    thing Guest

    steve wrote:
    > http://linux.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/08/19/0534216
    >
    > IBM Moves To Enforce GPL By Summary Judgement
    >
    > Posted by simoniker on Thursday August 19, @06:33PM
    > from the kill-em-all dept.
    > gvc writes "So much for the GPL 'never being tested in court.' IBM, in its
    > third motion for summary judgement against SCO, is seeking a permanent
    > injunction against SCO's distribution of Linux, on the grounds that SCO has
    > renounced and violated the GPL, and therefore has no right to distribute
    > the 700,000 lines of IBM-copyrighted code therein. As usual, Groklaw broke
    > the story." We previously reported on another IBM summary judgement from
    > earlier this week.

    And then there is IBM's own patents (not the ones given to linux) that
    if I remember correctly SCO also infringes....

    Then its been said SCO took GPL code and put it into the kernel
    personalty stuff for SCO unix without releasing source or aknowledging
    it was done....another possible infringement

    So these days even the moronic share analysts are saying SCO's stock is
    junk.....

    Just why ppl even still have shares is beyond me....probably because
    they have bought in at a high price and are too shocked to sell at such
    a huge loss....given thier greed Im not surprised....if this all goes to
    custard (which I expect) I would think a class action against SCO and
    its directors is going to happen at the least, if there is no criminal
    proceedings.......jail would be so fitting....

    regards

    Thing

    thing, Aug 20, 2004

  3. steve

    steve Guest

    thing wrote:

    > .jail would be so fitting....

    What they have done amounts to an extortion attempt....and a class action
    against them may be the remedy if there is no criminal prosecution.

    steve, Aug 21, 2004