    you are be able to use it. No as I couldn’t convert decimal to binary without
    calculator but it certainly takes more time. Does it depend on which test
    centre you are using? Did anyone else have the same problem?

    a, Apr 28, 2005

  2. a

    Briscobar Guest

    In news:,
    a <> rambled:
    > I was surprised when on the exam 070-291 that I couldn't use
    > scientific calculator although the Microsoft Press Training Kit
    > clearly mentions that you are be able to use it. No as I couldn't
    > convert decimal to binary without calculator but it certainly takes
    > more time. Does it depend on which test centre you are using? Did
    > anyone else have the same problem?

    Hmm. I've never heard of being allowed to use anything other than paper. I
    think if you want to know subnetting, you may want to look into being able
    to convert binary > decimal and vice versa. You don't have to be a speed
    demon. I can't do it fast. I have to count and use my fingers and toes. But
    I get it done. It's not that hard, really.

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Briscobar AT gmail DOT com

    A.S.S.F.U.C.K.E.R.S. are not welcome at www.mcngp.com. Unless you email
    first.

    Briscobar, Apr 28, 2005

  3. a

    Briscobar Guest

    In news:,
    someguy <> rambled:

    > Thats great Briscobar, your a genius.

    your != you're

    > The question is MS press says
    > you have access to a calulator and so does every other book I have
    > read. So anyone care to elaborate on whether the Calc is available
    > or not?

    Heh, maybe you didn't catch what I was saying. I think, if you want to
    become a successful network engineer, admin, or whatever you're trying to
    do, you should learn to subnet. You usually have a calculator available, but
    not always.

    Briscobar, Apr 28, 2005
  4. a

    James Guest

    If you have a computer to work on, you have a calulator.
    If your subnetting but don't have any computers, well then your just wasting
    your time.
    MS states that you are allowed access to windows calculator.

    And sorry, but if the previous poster wanted to use a spell/grammar checker
    he would have. But I would imagine even the dumbest of people can figure
    out that your was meant to be you're. But thanks for point that out, maybe
    you can start your own spelling/grammar newsgroup and we can all post to it,
    and you can correct all of our mistakes. Next you'll be telling me that lol
    is incorrect and it shold be Laugh Out Loud.

    Thanks for the constructive help.

    James, Apr 28, 2005
  5. a

    Briscobar Guest

    In news:,
    James <> rambled:

    > If you have a computer to work on, you have a calulator.

    You've never had to choose an IP address for a computer *before* you can
    access the calculator? Trust me, it happens.

    > If your subnetting but don't have any computers, well then your just
    > wasting your time.

    I wholeheartedly agree.

    > MS states that you are allowed access to windows calculator.

    Cool! That means you don't have to actually learn how to subnet in order to
    pass the exam which FOCUSES ON SUBNETTING.

    > And sorry, but if the previous poster wanted to use a spell/grammar
    > checker he would have. But I would imagine even the dumbest of
    > people can figure out that your was meant to be you're.

    Apparently he couldn't, because their (ha!) two different words.

    >But thanks
    > for point that out, maybe you can start your own spelling/grammar
    > newsgroup and we can all post to it, and you can correct all of our
    > mistakes.

    I actually did. It's alt.spelling. Also, there's alt.pedant and
    alt.spelling.nazi.

    > Next you'll be telling me that lol is incorrect and it
    > shold be Laugh Out Loud.

    It should be LOLLERSKATES.

    > Thanks for the constructive help.

    Anytime. Come again!

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Briscobar AT gmail DOT com

    nerd32768 looks up porn on the internet all day. Then he visits
    www.mcngp.com.

    Briscobar, Apr 28, 2005
  6. a

    SmAfDiBoY Guest

    Hmmmmm Alt + Tab, Windows Key + R, type in calc.

    Thats how I used it on 291.

    Brian

    SmAfDiBoY, Apr 29, 2005
  7. a

    a Guest

    Briscobar: the point is not that I can’t do it without the calculator but
    the fact they say there is a scientific calculator on the exam...

    a, Apr 29, 2005
  8. a

    pennino Guest

    >I was surprised when on the exam 070-291 that I couldnâ?

    Tt use scientific
    >calculator [..]

    >centre you are using? Did anyone else have the same

    problem?

    I did my 70-291 today and it was clearly stated at the
    beginning of the exam that you were going to have a
    calculator available. In fact, there was a calculator
    button on each question which opened a windows calculator
    clone (it wasn't the original calc.exe but had the same
    features and layout, including the ability to switch to
    scientific mode). The testing center was affiliated with
    VUE.

    I clearly remember also having a calculator button
    available during my 70-290 at a Prometric affiliated
    center but I never used it so I couldn't say if it had
    the same features.

    Bye,

    pennino, Apr 29, 2005
  9. a

    a Guest

    Thanks,

    So it depends on the test centre.
    I used Prometric and the scientific option wasn't available on the calculator.

    a, Apr 29, 2005
  10. a

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa, James expostulated for all the world
    to hear;

    > But I would imagine even the dumbest of people can figure
    > out that your was meant to be you're

    Only the dumbest of people would brag of being unable to discern the
    difference when typing the word.

    Thanks for definitively demonstrating which camp you are in.

    Moron.

    --
    JaR
    Thug 10110

    JaR, Apr 29, 2005
  11. a

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa, =?Utf-8?B?YQ==?= expostulated for
    all the world to hear;

    > Thanks,
    >
    > So it depends on the test centre.
    > I used Prometric and the scientific option wasn't available on the
    > calculator.

    And you didn't open a vein? What admirable restraint!

    --
    JaR
    Thug 10110

    JaR, Apr 29, 2005
  12. a

    James Guest

    Wow, you found the mistake, and you pointed it out. Good job...maybe you
    should read the original post. That was the entire thing, the first guy
    used your not you're (kinda like I did) and I pointed out that this is a
    MCSE group, not a spelling/grammar group and that no one cares.

    Looks like your the idiot....
    (please feel free to copy this post to alt.grammar and correct my mistake if
    it will make you happy)

    James, Apr 29, 2005
  13. a

    James Guest

    Nice try, read all posts, use your head and think it through.
    your the idiot

    (please feel free to correct any grammar/spelling mistakes you want and post
    to alt.grammar)

    James, Apr 29, 2005
  14. a

    Briscobar Guest

    In news:,
    James <> rambled:
    > Nice try, read all posts, use your head and think it through.
    > your the idiot
    >
    > (please feel free to correct any grammar/spelling mistakes you want
    > and post to alt.grammar)

    Nice try. Read all posts, use your head, and think it through.
    You're the idiot.

    (Please feel free to correct any grammar or spelling mistakes if you want,
    and post them to alt.grammar.)

    Your welcome!

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Briscobar AT gmail DOT com

    Please to be www.mcngp.com visits!

    Briscobar, Apr 29, 2005
  15. a

    CBIC Guest

    someguy wrote:
    > Wow! A straight anwser. Thanks for the reply.
    > I guess its true that MCNGP=Smart Ass, Arrogant, Dick.
    > The moderators of this forum must be a real joy to work with.

    You sound bitter. Are you bitter?
    --
    aka
    Doom MCNGP #38

    CBIC, Apr 29, 2005
  16. a

    Briscobar Guest

    In news:,
    someguy <> rambled:
    > Wow! A straight anwser. Thanks for the reply.
    > I guess its true that MCNGP=Smart Ass, Arrogant, Dick.

    I believe MCNGP stands for Mean Certified News Group Poster, but I might be
    wrong.

    > The moderators of this forum must be a real joy to work with.

    Pinging moderator [207.46.248.16] with 32 bytes of data:

    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.

    Ping statistics for 207.46.248.16:

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Briscobar AT gmail DOT com

    www.mcngp.com's milkshake is better than yours.

    Briscobar, Apr 29, 2005
  17. a

    LnkWizard Guest

    "JaR" <> wrote in message
    > In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa, James expostulated for all the world
    > to hear;
    >
    > > But I would imagine even the dumbest of people can figure
    > > out that your was meant to be you're

    > Only the dumbest of people would brag of being unable to discern the
    > difference when typing the word.
    >
    > Thanks for definitively demonstrating which camp you are in.
    >
    > Moron.

    That is moran not moron, don't you know how to spell?

    Lnkwizard2 MCNGP 2^5

    http://www.mcngp.com

    LnkWizard, Apr 29, 2005
  18. a

    Briscobar Guest

    In news:,
    LnkWizard <> rambled:

    >> Moron.
    >>

    > That is moran not moron, don't you know how to spell?

    your kidding! its not moran its moron! well settle this once and for all:

    http://users.tkk.fi/~jsaramak/morans.jpg

    oh know! your write! its moran!

    im sew ashamed.

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Briscobar AT gmail DOT com

    www.mcngp.com will kill you! No, not! Only kidding!

    Briscobar, Apr 29, 2005
  19. a

    James Guest

    LOL, americans are so stupid. At least they have a good entertainment
    value.

    James, Apr 29, 2005
  20. a

    catwalker63 Guest

    Frisbee® <> prattled ceaslessly in

    > LnkWizard wrote:
    >> "JaR" <> wrote in message
    >>> In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa, James expostulated for all the
    >>> world to hear;

    >>> Only the dumbest of people would brag of being unable to discern the
    >>> difference when typing the word.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks for definitively demonstrating which camp you are in.
    >>>
    >>> Moron.
    >>>

    >> That is moran not moron, don't you know how to spell?

    > It's all acedemic.

    More like epidemic.

    --
    Catwalker