    training kit for mcdst from amazaon by walter glen. Tell
    me would it enough just to read the book and take a exam
    or I need to go to school and take a class for that.

    Muhammad Siddiqui, Dec 6, 2004

  2. Muhammad Siddiqui

    Jason Guest

    Well Muhammad,

    I advise you to read through this column...if you are not self-motivated
    enough to do that, then go to school and take a few courses. My advice for
    a first course would be one in self-reliance. Good luck and Merry Christmas
    from Santa and the Elves.

    Jason, Dec 6, 2004

  3. Muhammad Siddiqui

    Guest

    Ir really depends on motivation and determination. Some people hate to
    read books and prefer intructor-led training. Experience is also
    important. I work everyday as a DST. I read the official MS Press book
    and the Exam Cram one. Passed 70-271 just 3 days ago with 883. I don't
    think it's a difficult test, you just have to read the question very
    well before answering. Working now on 70-272.

    Muhammad Siddiqui wrote:
    > I am trying to get MCDST certification, just finished
    > Microsoft demo clinic and also bought a microsoft
    > training kit for mcdst from amazaon by walter glen. Tell
    > me would it enough just to read the book and take a exam
    > or I need to go to school and take a class for that.

    , Dec 7, 2004
  4. Thanks for advice

    Thanks Jason

    Thanks for your advice,actually I have finished last year
    in IT from Devry and reading books is not a problem for
    me, I bought microsoft press book(MCDST training kit) and
    exam cram.

    Thanks

    Muhammad Siddiqui, Dec 8, 2004
  5. Thanks for advice. I have no proble in reading books, but
    I dont have any DST experience. what do you think now do
    I still need to go to school or reading books carefully
    doing excercises and labs are good enough. As I mention I
    just ordered a microsoft press book called (MCDST
    Training kit) and exam crams on amazon suggest me some
    other books, CD's other material and websites where I can
    get the trancenders/practice exams. I would appreciate
    your help.

    Thanks
    Muhammad

    Muhammad Siddiqui, Dec 8, 2004
  6. Muhammad Siddiqui

    Joe Guest

    Jason,
    Your answers to Muhammad kind of shed some light on my
    situation. No experience but self-motivated. I am used to
    online version of schooling that is why I want to get this
    cert. I just wanted to hear from veterans in the area to
    confirm if it is the right move.

    Someone suggested to me to also consider starting with
    MCSE as an entry level for position in IT. What is your
    take on this?
    Thank you.

    Joe, Dec 25, 2004