    I know they both sound kinda the same, but i'm having problems! If
    anyone can answer with their opinions to these questions, or help me
    with thinknig of some more, please help :)

    Spinelli, Dec 11, 2003

  2. Spinelli

    The Saint Guest

    Spinelli wrote:

    >Hey, just wondering if anyone will help me out with this. I have to
    >create some questions that deal with internet privacy. The only two I
    >can come up with are
    >1) where do you think the line should be drawn when it comes to giving
    >out personal information online?
    >
    >2) should there be international laws passed banning the asking of
    >certain personal questions online?
    >
    >I know they both sound kinda the same, but i'm having problems! If
    >anyone can answer with their opinions to these questions, or help me
    >with thinknig of some more, please help :)

    Freely giving out your information is one thing. Spyware/adware that
    steals your information is another. There are many kinds, and don't
    forget, Google is your friend.

    The Saint, Dec 11, 2003

  3. Spinelli

    nunya Guest

    On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 18:11:34 -0800, Spinelli wrote:

    > Hey, just wondering if anyone will help me out with this. I have to create
    > some questions that deal with internet privacy. The only two I can come up
    > with are
    > 1) where do you think the line should be drawn when it comes to giving out
    > personal information online?

    Wherever the individual deems necessary for THEMSELVES.

    > 2) should there be international laws passed banning the asking of certain
    > personal questions online?

    Absolutely NOT !!!! Too many "laws" already, no need for further
    censorship. If individuals would just take some RESPONSIBILITY for their
    own words (or deeds), there would be no need for more "laws".

    nunya, Dec 11, 2003
  4. Spinelli

    Jim Watt Guest

    On 10 Dec 2003 18:11:34 -0800, (Spinelli)
    wrote:

    >Hey, just wondering if anyone will help me out with this. I have to
    >create some questions that deal with internet privacy. The only two I
    >can come up with are
    >1) where do you think the line should be drawn when it comes to giving
    >out personal information online?
    >
    >2) should there be international laws passed banning the asking of
    >certain personal questions online?
    >
    >I know they both sound kinda the same, but i'm having problems! If
    >anyone can answer with their opinions to these questions, or help me
    >with thinknig of some more, please help :)

    The problem is not about asking and giving, its about storing
    processing and collating personal information.

    take a look at

    http://www.informationcommissioner.gov.uk

    There are enough ideas there to keep you thinking.
    --
    Jim Watt http://www.gibnet.com

    Jim Watt, Dec 11, 2003
  5. Spinelli

    johns Guest

    > Hey, just wondering if anyone will help me out with this. I have to
    > create some questions that deal with internet privacy. The only two I
    > can come up with are

    Don't feel like the Lone Ranger. Federal governments are
    so uneducated about these issues, that they can't even
    begin to put reasonable ideas in the hands of the lawmakers.
    There is one .. and only one ... solution to the problem.
    Every single packet on the net should carry the identity
    of its source, or be discarded by every piece of hard
    ware it reaches. Once every user can determine the
    source of what their computer receives from the net,
    That source can be blocked, or, even better, that source
    can be paid a visit IN PERSON. The real issue or
    question is ... Do we allow anonymous sources on
    the net. We don't allow illegal aliens to have "freedom
    of Speech" in the USA. We earn that right by being
    identifiable citizens of this country, so we can look
    each other in the face. As for Foreign countries who
    refuse to label their net packets .. block them at the
    borders of their DOMAINS.

    johns

    johns, Dec 11, 2003