    Thanks for any help here...

    Ben

    , Jul 14, 2005

  2. Melody Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Can anyone give me an idea of what the following
    > Schneider-Kreuznach lens' are worth:

    A quick scan of completed eBay listings shows these items (or similar items)
    sold for:

    > Super Angulon 5.6/75

    $565.55
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7528441944&category=15247
    &ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1

    > Compur3 or Symmar 1:5.6/240

    $610.00
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7525716060&category=15247
    &ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1

    > Super Angulon 8/90

    $427
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7526366421&category=30076
    &ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1

    > Symmar-S 5.6/210

    $170.17 (reserve not met, several others listed for around $150 that didn't
    sell at all)
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7527295354&category=30076
    &ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1

    Hope that helps.

    Melody, Jul 14, 2005

  3. Guest

    Very cool. Thanks! Wanna buy some lens'?? ;^)

    Melody wrote:
    > <> wrote in message
    > > Can anyone give me an idea of what the following
    > > Schneider-Kreuznach lens' are worth:

    > A quick scan of completed eBay listings shows these items (or similar items)
    > sold for:
    >

    > > Super Angulon 5.6/75

    > $565.55
    > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7528441944&category=15247
    > &ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1
    >

    > > Compur3 or Symmar 1:5.6/240

    > $610.00
    > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7525716060&category=15247
    > &ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1
    >

    > > Super Angulon 8/90

    > $427
    > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7526366421&category=30076
    > &ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1
    >

    > > Symmar-S 5.6/210

    > $170.17 (reserve not met, several others listed for around $150 that didn't
    > sell at all)
    > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7527295354&category=30076
    > &ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1
    >
    > Hope that helps.

    , Jul 14, 2005
  4. Pete D Guest

    These are large format lenses. These will take great shots if you have the
    rest of the gear.

    Pete D, Jul 14, 2005
  5. dj_nme Guest

    Pete D wrote:
    > These are large format lenses. These will take great shots if you have the
    > rest of the gear.

    <snip LF lens descriptions>

    Think along the lines of a large camera with a bellows, sort of like an
    enlarger turned sideways.
    Usually used on a tripod and can produce some realy "cool" perspective
    tricks using tilt, swing and shift (google for "Scheimpflung").

    dj_nme, Jul 14, 2005
  6. Pete D Guest

    "dj_nme" <> wrote in message
    > Pete D wrote:
    >> These are large format lenses. These will take great shots if you have
    >> the rest of the gear.
    >>

    > <snip LF lens descriptions>
    >
    > Think along the lines of a large camera with a bellows, sort of like an
    > enlarger turned sideways.
    > Usually used on a tripod and can produce some realy "cool" perspective
    > tricks using tilt, swing and shift (google for "Scheimpflung").

    Linhoff, etc, you don't need bellows as such, have a look at the Sinars. Big
    overhead handling the large film (the 4 x 5 is okay but the 8 x 10 is pretty
    huge) but the results can be staggering.

    Pete D, Jul 14, 2005
  7. Bandicoot Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > My mother bought a studio from a photographer who left
    > behind a bunch of equipment. Can anyone give me an idea > of what the

    following Schneider-Kreuznach lens' are worth:

    All these are large format lenses, in this case (primarily) for the 4x5"
    format - so you might want to re-ask this question in
    rec.photo.equipment.large-format, where there are many very knowledgeable
    people.

    > Super Angulon 5.6/75

    A wide angle lens, diagonal angle of view equivalent to a 20mm on 35mm.
    This is a fast one, for a 75mm, and a popular lens although there is a newer
    model now with more coverage.

    > Compur3 or Symmar 1:5.6/240

    Compur is the shutter and 3 the shutter size. Symmar is the lens type.
    This is a 'short' long-focus lens, with a diagonal angle of view equivalent
    to a 63mm on 35mm. The Symmar is an older lens design than the 'S' etc.,
    but still good.

    These are convertible lenses where unscrewing the front element from the
    shutter gives a second, longe, focal length, with somewhat reduced sharpness
    (and much reduced speed.) The figures marked in green that I can see on the
    photo of this one are probably the aperture for when it is used 'converted'.

    > Super Angulon 8/90

    Another wideangle, diagonal angle of view equivalent to a 24mm on 35mm.
    This is the slowest version of this lens, but it is still a good one, very
    sharp. I have one that is _much_ older than the one you are showing, and
    it is still very useful.

    > Symmar-S 5.6/210

    A lens that many 4x5" photographers like to use as their standard, diagonal
    angle of view equivalent to a 55mm on 35mm. The Symmar-S is newer than the
    Symmar, though it isn't the current model.

    The Copal shutters that all but the 240mm Symmar are in look to have the
    silver speed setting ring. This means they are the version before the
    current one, which has a black ring. I don't think there is much if any
    difference, but some buyers will pay more for a lens in black-ring shutter
    just because it's newer.

    > All have front and rear lens caps and seem to be in
    > reasonably good shape. There is a nice metal hard case
    > and some various knick-knacks. I have posted some pics
    > at:
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/sirchandestroy/image/46171440
    > http://www.pbase.com/sirchandestroy/image/46171441
    > http://www.pbase.com/sirchandestroy/image/46171442

    From the pictures they all look in nice condition. I think those are Sinar
    lens boards they are on (that doesn't limit them to Sinar users though,
    changing lens-boards is something LF photographers do all the time.) Prices
    for such lenses vary widely: I'd suggest looking at the prices at B&H and at
    completed auctions on *Bay.

    Hope that is some help,

    Peter

    Bandicoot, Jul 14, 2005
  8. Bob Salomon Guest

    In article <MstBe.48612$>,
    "Pete D" <> wrote:

    > Linhoff

    That is the name of a camera repair company in Michigan.

    Linhof is the name of the camera manufacturer in Munich.

    --
    To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.

    Bob Salomon, Jul 14, 2005
  9. Pete D Guest

    "Bob Salomon" <> wrote in message
    > In article <MstBe.48612$>,
    > "Pete D" <> wrote:
    >
    >> Linhoff

    > That is the name of a camera repair company in Michigan.
    >
    > Linhof is the name of the camera manufacturer in Munich.

    OMG, how could make such a mistake!! Where the hell is Michigan anyway is
    that in your country?

    Pete D, Jul 15, 2005