    anyone point me in the right direction?

    --
    Alasdair.

    Alasdair, Jul 10, 2010

  2. Alasdair

    joevan Guest

    On Sat, 10 Jul 2010 14:29:43 +0100, Alasdair <>
    wrote:

    >I am trying to locate a schematic diagram for a Fujitsu Siemens
    >Esprimo Mobile V5535 with a HannStar J MV-4 motherboard. Please, can
    >anyone point me in the right direction?

    Sounds like a job for google.

    joevan, Jul 10, 2010

  3. Alasdair

    John Holmes Guest

    Alasdair "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    Have you tried www.fujitsu.com ?

    --
    <snip>

    John Holmes, Jul 10, 2010
  4. Alasdair

    Alasdair Guest

    On Sat, 10 Jul 2010 16:16:38 +0200, John Holmes
    <> wrote:

    >Have you tried www.fujitsu.com ?

    Yes and while user manuals are available, none contain the actual
    circuit diagram.

    --
    Alasdair.

    Alasdair, Jul 10, 2010
  5. Alasdair

    APLer Guest

    Alasdair <> wrote in

    > On Sat, 10 Jul 2010 16:16:38 +0200, John Holmes
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Have you tried www.fujitsu.com ?

    > Yes and while user manuals are available, none contain the actual
    > circuit diagram.

    For what? the motherboard? The rest? You might try getting the paper bits
    you get when you first buy the computer. You can order such from name brand
    computer manufactures by calling them. Not tech support unless you're still
    under your one year warrenty however. Aside from that, you'd have to get
    the repair manual - *if* it's available.

    APLer, Jul 10, 2010
  6. Alasdair

    Aardvark Guest

    Re: Schematic Diagram for a Fujitsu Siemens Esprimo Mobile V5535with a HannStar J MV-4 motherboard.

    On Sat, 10 Jul 2010 16:57:25 +0000, APLer wrote:

    > warrenty

    WTF?????

    Aardvark, Jul 10, 2010
  7. Alasdair

    ian field Guest

    "Alasdair" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 10 Jul 2010 16:57:25 +0000 (UTC), APLer <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>For what? the motherboard? The rest? You might try getting the paper bits
    >>you get when you first buy the computer. You can order such from name
    >>brand
    >>computer manufactures by calling them. Not tech support unless you're
    >>still
    >>under your one year warrenty however. Aside from that, you'd have to get
    >>the repair manual - *if* it's available.

    > My nephew connected up a wrong power supply to the laptop and it was
    > the wrong polarity although the voltage was OK. The laptop is now as
    > dead as a dodo. I need to know if there is a fuse in the circuit and
    > try and find the fault.
    >
    > --
    > Alasdair.

    There may well be a (shunt) protection diode (if you're lucky). The fuse may
    be disguised as a dark green or light brown resistor with writing on it
    instead of colour bands, or it may be a white square ceramic thing that will
    more than likely be SMD.

    In the absence of those 2 protection devices the damage will probably be
    beyond economic repair

    With any luck the damage is confined to the battery management board.

    ian field, Jul 10, 2010
  8. Alasdair

    John Holmes Guest

    Alasdair "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > My nephew connected up a wrong power supply

    Kill him. Tell me if you need a gun. I'll send one ahead.

    --
    <snip>

    John Holmes, Jul 10, 2010
  9. Alasdair

    chuckcar Guest

    Alasdair <> wrote in

    > On Sat, 10 Jul 2010 16:57:25 +0000 (UTC), APLer <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>For what? the motherboard? The rest? You might try getting the paper
    >>bits you get when you first buy the computer. You can order such from
    >>name brand computer manufactures by calling them. Not tech support
    >>unless you're still under your one year warrenty however. Aside from
    >>that, you'd have to get the repair manual - *if* it's available.

    > My nephew connected up a wrong power supply to the laptop and it was
    > the wrong polarity although the voltage was OK. The laptop is now as
    > dead as a dodo. I need to know if there is a fuse in the circuit and
    > try and find the fault.

    Ouch. Not good. Looking into motherboard replacement wouldn't work either
    as there's *lots* of very fragile connectors and the like in laptops that
    you'd still have to work with.

    If it were me I would have him - depending on his age - replace it or
    work it off in some way. The value of money is something that's not
    commonly taught and this is a perfect example of doing so. Not out of anger
    you understand, but to teach. Never let him know that of course - if he's a
    kid, he simply can't understand and if he's an adult he can figure it out
    for himself.

    Otherwise, for such you *would* need the company repair manual. Nothing
    else would work - the motherboard is their own and not available in any
    other brand of computer. Also the mainboard manual (the booklet you
    get when you buy a motherboard that shows you what the jumpers do and
    how to set up the BIOS) simply wouldn't provide such detailed information.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Jul 11, 2010
  10. "Alasdair" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 10 Jul 2010 16:57:25 +0000 (UTC), APLer <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>For what? the motherboard? The rest? You might try getting the paper bits
    >>you get when you first buy the computer. You can order such from name
    >>brand
    >>computer manufactures by calling them. Not tech support unless you're
    >>still
    >>under your one year warrenty however. Aside from that, you'd have to get
    >>the repair manual - *if* it's available.

    > My nephew connected up a wrong power supply to the laptop and it was
    > the wrong polarity although the voltage was OK. The laptop is now as
    > dead as a dodo. I need to know if there is a fuse in the circuit and
    > try and find the fault.
    >
    > --
    > Alasdair.

    There is a fuse: a rectangular block, usually light brown or white ( NOT the
    black ones)
    It is usualy near to the power socket on one side of the M/board or the
    other.
    Put a testmeter set to the lowest ohms range accross the metal connectors on
    either end of the fuse and if you get a reading it is OK. ( the black ones
    are usually capacitors )
    Alternatively, put your meter probe on the center pin of the socket and test
    for connection to the components attached to the copper track where the pin
    connects, and also the other end of such components. You can usually trace
    continuity into the M/board and isolate a fauty fuse this way.
    It's a good idea to keep a few old boards around for taking spare bits from.

    Mike the Brewer, Jul 11, 2010
  11. Alasdair

    s77teve

    Joined:
    Mar 10, 2011
    Messages:
    2
    wrong polarity

    Hi there are 2 fuses there are rectangle in shape and are white in colour one is just behind the power socket which is rated a 5amp the other is behind the plug for the battery which is 7amp now for the real problem i cant find 5amp or 7amp but i have found 4amp and u can get them from furnells( not sure if i spelt it right) min order ten cost £4.50 but type in minicombo fuses and it should come up

    s77teve, Mar 10, 2011
  12. Alasdair

    s77teve

    Joined:
    Mar 10, 2011
    Messages:
    2
    RS spares dont do them i have a mother board that has a fault not sure how fault came about but it must be a short as power pack flashes green and red and fault is on mother board

    s77teve, Mar 10, 2011