    months out before you even begin studying because then it gives you a
    deadline and keeps you on track. Would anyone agree with this? How far out
    can you schedule the exams?

    ewoods, Jul 31, 2009

  2. ewoods

    John R Guest

    "ewoods" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I'm just beginning to study for my MCITP:SA and I had someone in my
    > organization who's an MCSE tell me that it helps to schedule the exams a
    > few
    > months out before you even begin studying because then it gives you a
    > deadline and keeps you on track. Would anyone agree with this? How far
    > out
    > can you schedule the exams?

    In general, I agree with him that if you are serious, you need to set goals
    and have motivation to achieve them. However, I walked in on all of my
    exams except one. Once I felt I was ready, I picked a day one or two days
    out and said I was going, and I went. My motivation was sufficient that I
    didn't need to try to trick myself. Maybe that worked for him, and that's
    great. Maybe it will work for you, maybe it won't. Because let's face it,
    if you can schedule an exam, you can reschedule an exam.

    I do not know how far out in advance you can schedule. You would probably
    have to ask your nearest Prometric testing center. Or, go to their website
    and maybe the answer is on there.

    Good luck to you.

    John R.

    John R, Jul 31, 2009

  3. ewoods

    JD Guest

    --
    JD, a computer geek in Phoenix, AZ

    "John R" wrote:

    > "ewoods" <> wrote in message
    > > I'm just beginning to study for my MCITP:SA and I had someone in my
    > > organization who's an MCSE tell me that it helps to schedule the exams a
    > > few
    > > months out before you even begin studying because then it gives you a
    > > deadline and keeps you on track. Would anyone agree with this? How far
    > > out
    > > can you schedule the exams?

    > In general, I agree with him that if you are serious, you need to set goals
    > and have motivation to achieve them. However, I walked in on all of my
    > exams except one. Once I felt I was ready, I picked a day one or two days
    > out and said I was going, and I went. My motivation was sufficient that I
    > didn't need to try to trick myself. Maybe that worked for him, and that's
    > great. Maybe it will work for you, maybe it won't. Because let's face it,
    > if you can schedule an exam, you can reschedule an exam.
    >
    > I do not know how far out in advance you can schedule. You would probably
    > have to ask your nearest Prometric testing center. Or, go to their website
    > and maybe the answer is on there.
    >
    > Good luck to you.
    >
    > John R.

    I agree; schedule them ahead of time. Puts a gun to your head and makes you
    study. ;-)

    Also, there is one other reason to do so: the main place that I take my
    tests in Phoenix is Interface TT. They have only four positions for test
    takers, and often all of their spaces get booked up quite a bit in advance. I
    know that if I want to take a test on a specific day at a specific time, I
    need to book it a couple of weeks ahead to make sure I get the day/time that
    I want, otherwise, you might not get the one you want. "The early bird gets
    the worm" so to speak...

    JD, Aug 12, 2009
  4. ewoods

    Andrew B Guest

    I am going for my first MCTS:70-620 - Vista.

    I set a target of 2 months to study and take my exam, so far I'm on track.

    I've had setbacks due to change of jobs etc. So I'm glad I didn't give
    myself any unnecessary pressure.

    Also 2 of the chapters require me to take extra revision as they are area's
    I've not focused on in the past. This could have set me back if I booked in
    advance.

    I'm just gonna wait til I'm ready and then book in a week later.

    I hope this helps.

    Andrew B, Sep 11, 2009