    Simple suggestions appreciated thanks.

    Regards
    Miguel

    Miguel, Dec 23, 2006

  2. Miguel

    David Guest

    Miguel wrote:
    > Hi all....do any aMulers have advice on setting up a simple scheduler,
    > similar to eMule.
    >
    > To be honest, I'm not expecting too much success cos googling only
    > comes up with ubergeeks perl-ing and cron-ing and mega scripting which
    > is a bit beyond me.
    >
    > Simple suggestions appreciated thanks.
    >
    > Regards
    > Miguel

    You could try hydranode, it's a bit more advanced than aMule, and it can
    download torrents as well as do the eDonkey stuff. http://www.hydranode.org/

    David, Dec 23, 2006

  3. Miguel

    Mark C Guest

    "Miguel" <> wrote in

    > Hi all....do any aMulers have advice on setting up a simple
    > scheduler, similar to eMule.
    >
    > To be honest, I'm not expecting too much success cos googling
    > only comes up with ubergeeks perl-ing and cron-ing and mega
    > scripting which is a bit beyond me.
    >
    > Simple suggestions appreciated thanks.

    Perhaps just start aMule, but throttle it to 1kB/s (see below) until
    it is safe to let it rip.

    Use NetLimiter to manage its bandwidth using NetLimiter's scheduler.

    Mark C, Dec 24, 2006
  4. Miguel

    Miguel Guest

    David wrote:
    > Miguel wrote:
    > > Hi all....do any aMulers have advice on setting up a simple scheduler,
    > > similar to eMule.
    > >
    > > To be honest, I'm not expecting too much success cos googling only
    > > comes up with ubergeeks perl-ing and cron-ing and mega scripting which
    > > is a bit beyond me.
    > >
    > > Simple suggestions appreciated thanks.
    > >
    > > Regards
    > > Miguel
    > >

    > You could try hydranode, it's a bit more advanced than aMule, and it can
    > download torrents as well as do the eDonkey stuff. http://www.hydranode.org/

    Hi David....Thanks for the link. I'd not heard of Hydranode but now
    that I have I'll keep an eye on it.

    I won't install it on my current system cos it seems a bit too bleeding
    edge at the moment and I've spent too much time getting my system
    optimal to throw something like this at it.

    But I'm thinking I might set Hydranode up on my laptop. It'll give me
    something to play around with over the christmas break (as opposed to
    going outside and getting a life :)

    Thanks
    Miguel

    Miguel, Dec 26, 2006
  5. Miguel

    Miguel Guest

    Mark C wrote:
    > "Miguel" <> wrote in
    >
    > > Hi all....do any aMulers have advice on setting up a simple
    > > scheduler, similar to eMule.
    > >
    > > To be honest, I'm not expecting too much success cos googling
    > > only comes up with ubergeeks perl-ing and cron-ing and mega
    > > scripting which is a bit beyond me.
    > >
    > > Simple suggestions appreciated thanks.

    > Perhaps just start aMule, but throttle it to 1kB/s (see below) until
    > it is safe to let it rip.
    >
    > Use NetLimiter to manage its bandwidth using NetLimiter's scheduler.

    Hi Mark...Thanks for replying. I'm not 100% sure but by reading their
    website I think that NetLimiter is designed for MS Windows. I'm running
    Xubuntu and don't like using Wine.

    Also, I think that you have to pay for the version of NetLimiter which
    has scheduling enabled, which is a drawback.

    But your suggestion did give me a pretty obvious direction in which to
    head. Ubuntu has several scheduling utilities in its repositories so I
    had a hunt around and found schedutils which I should be able to get
    something usable from. So, again, thanks for replying.

    Regards
    Miguel

    Miguel, Dec 26, 2006
  6. Miguel

    Miguel Guest

    For the record (and for anyone googling " amule scheduler ") the winner
    is:

    <snip Ubuntu repository>

    Wondershaper -

    Easy to use traffic shaping script
    An easy to use traffic shaping script that provides these improvements:
    * Low latency for interactive traffic (and pings) at all times
    * Allow websurfing at reasonable speeds while uploading / downloading
    * Make sure uploads don't hurt downloads
    * Make sure downloads don't hurt uploads

    It does this by:
    * Limiting upload speed slightly, to eliminate queues
    * Limiting download speed, while allowing bursts, to eliminate queues
    * Interactive traffic skips the queue
    * ACKs and tiny packets skip the queue

    Configuring the wondershaper requires you to accurately and precisely
    determine your consistent upload and download speeds.

    The wondershaper is the simplest, easiest to use, entry level, traffic
    shaping script provided by Debian.

    </snip>

    I'd like to thank the open source community, the developers, the
    repository site hosts, the academy and all who made this moment
    possible. Thank you all. Goodnight and God bless.

    Miguel, Dec 26, 2006
  7. Miguel

    Geoff M Guest

    Shareaza (www.shareaza.com) has a scheduler, so you can set speeds for
    different times. I have it running at half speed during the day, to
    preserve my on-peak cap
    It is free, does torrents as well.
    Geoff

    Geoff M, Dec 27, 2006
  8. Miguel

    Miguel Guest

    Geoff M wrote:
    > Shareaza (www.shareaza.com) has a scheduler, so you can set speeds for
    > different times. I have it running at half speed during the day, to
    > preserve my on-peak cap
    > It is free, does torrents as well.
    > Geoff

    Hello Geoff...By the looks of it (and by my reading of the website)
    shareaza is win32 and I'm not really a fan of running windows software
    on my system, even with wine.

    Nice piece of software though (going by what the website says). Does it
    work as advertised? I remember trying out something with a very similar
    name back in the late 90's and it was nothing special.

    Regards
    Miguel

    Miguel, Dec 27, 2006
  9. Miguel

    fatdunky

    Joined:
    Jul 15, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    AmuleCMD is the way to go

    *type it into google* (im not allowed to post links yet)

    fatdunky, Jul 15, 2009