Scheduling a screen-scraping progam on a locked PC?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Certification' started by =?Utf-8?B?VGludGluTWlsb3U=?=, Jan 5, 2005.

  1. This is a multi-part problem.
    Our PCs have the locking screen-saver set on them, we cannot remove this.
    I have a daily process that I need to kick off in the early hours.
    It's a screen-scraping process that requires logging in to two applications
    to initiate the process. (Kludgy, Yes, but that's the way it has to be.)
    How can I get this to fire off on a scheduled basis?
     
    =?Utf-8?B?VGludGluTWlsb3U=?=, Jan 5, 2005
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Sorry, posted to wrong group. Repeated in Technet.

    "TintinMilou" wrote:

    > This is a multi-part problem.
    > Our PCs have the locking screen-saver set on them, we cannot remove this.
    > I have a daily process that I need to kick off in the early hours.
    > It's a screen-scraping process that requires logging in to two applications
    > to initiate the process. (Kludgy, Yes, but that's the way it has to be.)
    > How can I get this to fire off on a scheduled basis?
     
    =?Utf-8?B?VGludGluTWlsb3U=?=, Jan 5, 2005
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. =?Utf-8?B?VGludGluTWlsb3U=?=

    T-Bone Guest

    "TintinMilou" <> wrote
    > Sorry, posted to wrong group. Repeated in Technet.


    Well, that would be strike two then. Care to post on topic on your third
    try?

    Hint: Sounds like a Windows question to me.

    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL
     
    T-Bone, Jan 6, 2005
    #3
  4. Um, so Technet isn't pertinent to Windows?

    "T-Bone" wrote:

    > "TintinMilou" <> wrote
    > > Sorry, posted to wrong group. Repeated in Technet.

    >
    > Well, that would be strike two then. Care to post on topic on your third
    > try?
    >
    > Hint: Sounds like a Windows question to me.
    >
    > T-Bone
    > MCNGP XL
    >
    >
    >
     
    =?Utf-8?B?VGludGluTWlsb3U=?=, Jan 6, 2005
    #4
  5. =?Utf-8?B?VGludGluTWlsb3U=?=

    T-Bone Guest

    "TintinMilou" <> wrote
    > Um, so Technet isn't pertinent to Windows?


    As you were already told when you posted there, the technet group is for
    question pertaining to the technet product. The same way that the windows
    groups are for different categories of questions pertaining to the various
    windows products.

    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL
     
    T-Bone, Jan 6, 2005
    #5
  6. Hey "T-BONE"
    I browse the cert section from time to time and I keep seeing your posts
    with some smart ass remark soon to follow. I have to say I am little tired of
    it. Something tells me that you are some super geek who stands in line for
    hours just to be the first guy to get a ticket to the next Star Wars movie.
    Probably dressed as Yoda. Is any of this correct? Can't wait to hear what
    clever come back you come up with....


    Branden
    MCSA

    "T-Bone" wrote:

    > "TintinMilou" <> wrote
    > > Um, so Technet isn't pertinent to Windows?

    >
    > As you were already told when you posted there, the technet group is for
    > question pertaining to the technet product. The same way that the windows
    > groups are for different categories of questions pertaining to the various
    > windows products.
    >
    > T-Bone
    > MCNGP XL
    >
    >
    >
     
    =?Utf-8?B?QnJhbmRlbg==?=, Jan 7, 2005
    #6
  7. =?Utf-8?B?VGludGluTWlsb3U=?=

    T-Bone Guest

    "Branden" <> wrote
    > Something tells me that you are some super geek who stands in line for
    > hours just to be the first guy to get a ticket to the next Star Wars

    movie.
    > Probably dressed as Yoda. Is any of this correct?


    Nah, I'm too tall to be Yoda. I make a better wookie. Less costume required.

    Helpful answers are available to those who ask useful questions. Smart-ass
    remarks are reserved for those for who deserve it. Its part of my mission as
    a MCNGP. See www.mcngp.com for more details.

    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL
     
    T-Bone, Jan 7, 2005
    #7
  8. Ok I now get it!!! Pretty funny site. I look forward to more "Belittling
    those whose skill set is far beneath their own, in a tactful and professional
    manner." Thanks for the info.

    "T-Bone" wrote:

    > "Branden" <> wrote
    > > Something tells me that you are some super geek who stands in line for
    > > hours just to be the first guy to get a ticket to the next Star Wars

    > movie.
    > > Probably dressed as Yoda. Is any of this correct?

    >
    > Nah, I'm too tall to be Yoda. I make a better wookie. Less costume required.
    >
    > Helpful answers are available to those who ask useful questions. Smart-ass
    > remarks are reserved for those for who deserve it. Its part of my mission as
    > a MCNGP. See www.mcngp.com for more details.
    >
    > T-Bone
    > MCNGP XL
    >
    >
    >
     
    =?Utf-8?B?QnJhbmRlbg==?=, Jan 12, 2005
    #8
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Lisa Horton

    Hamas is scraping the bottom of the barrel now LOL

    Lisa Horton, Apr 19, 2004, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    6
    Views:
    394
    Awbawabi
    Apr 20, 2004
  2. york-y-man

    Progam to combine 4 photos into one file

    york-y-man, Feb 1, 2005, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    13
    Views:
    963
    Ed Ruf
    Feb 2, 2005
  3. Guest

    Computer progam?

    Guest, Jun 1, 2005, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    343
    Ron Hunter
    Jun 4, 2005
  4. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    bash.org scraping

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Mar 20, 2008, in forum: NZ Computing
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    505
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro
    Mar 20, 2008
  5. RichA

    Dpreview REALLY scraping the barrel bottom now!

    RichA, Jul 6, 2010, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    43
    Views:
    1,065
    John Turco
    Jul 20, 2010
Loading...

Share This Page