    windows?

    TIA
    Brian

    Brian H¹©, Jul 5, 2003

  2. Brian H¹©

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Errrrr...erm... Brian H¹© said:

    > Tasks are showing as running in scheduled tasks, but the programs themselves
    > aren't getting executed.
    > Any ideas on an easy way of repairing the task scheduler without re-installing
    > windows?
    >
    > TIA
    > Brian

    Forgot to mention, W2K.

    --
    www.absey-vine.co.uk/
    freeware, helpdesk, ad-aware

    Brian H¹©, Jul 5, 2003

  3. Brian H¹©

    Brian H¹© Guest

    "boy wonder" <> wrote in message
    > You have run TS successfully in the past?
    > And could see the programs execute?

    Yes, I think it is SP4 that messed me up, so I have just re-installed windows.
    Now to get on and recover everything else.

    Brian H¹©, Jul 5, 2003
  4. Brian H¹©

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Errrrr...erm... boy wonder said:

    > Ouch!

    I've managed to recover most everything now, just getting error messages when I
    access the tasks to give exec permissions, keeps saying "0x8009000f Object
    Already Exists"
    grr

    --
    www.absey-vine.co.uk/
    freeware, helpdesk, ad-aware

    Brian H¹©, Jul 5, 2003
  5. Brian H¹©

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Errrrr...erm... Brian H¹© said:

    > Errrrr...erm... boy wonder said:
    >
    >> Ouch!

    > I've managed to recover most everything now, just getting error messages when
    > I access the tasks to give exec permissions, keeps saying "0x8009000f Object
    > Already Exists"
    > grr

    I can't get past this damned error message, I've deleted the jobs in the list,
    I've followed the workarounds in MS's KB, but still I get the same "0x8009000f
    Object Already Exists" when I try to create a new task.
    Any other ideas?
    TIA

    --
    www.absey-vine.co.uk/
    freeware, helpdesk, ad-aware

    Brian H¹©, Jul 5, 2003
  6. Brian H¹©

    boy wonder Guest

    Sounds like you already have the task created. So why is it invisible?
    I think XP is like using a sledge hammer to kill flies.

    Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.

    boy wonder, Jul 5, 2003
  7. Brian H¹©

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Errrrr...erm... boy wonder said:

    > Sounds like you already have the task created. So why is it invisible?
    > I think XP is like using a sledge hammer to kill flies.

    Win2K actually, the tasks are visible, but when I right click to access
    properties, I get the error message and the Task panel becomes inaccessible.
    The same if I delete the tasks and create them as new tasks.
    I just keep getting the same damned error message.

    Brian H¹©, Jul 5, 2003