    Northern Virginia, USA
    Welcome gentlemen. You too, Unholy. This has been established as the offical topic for scheduling Call of Duty 2 game sessions. The basic idea is to post the server and the time (indicate your timezone too) you want to play, and other gamers can respond to state if they will join your gaming session.

    If you wish to schedule another game, please use another topic heading. This one should be reserved for only Call of Duty 2. Accept no substitutes....:eviltoun:
    bigal, Feb 21, 2006

  2. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Possible gaming session for Saturday, February 25th. Stay tuned. We want to improve the great gaming session we had on February 18th, and that means getting more players involved earlier in the session.
    bigal, Feb 21, 2006

  3. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Could we hit a different server? Either A41 or Devils or Moongamers? Those give me a good ping and all that. Plus they have some players usually.

    Any idea on a timeframe? Later the better for me.
    The Modfather, Feb 22, 2006
  4. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    We could use a different server. Greg (the Marine) likes the one we used last time because you can drop booby traps. Its running a beta version. Post some other server names or links, and we'll try them out. I agree that we want plenty of players. I would like us to form a team if possible, rather than just shoot ourselves. You guys are at a disadvantage when I'm in the game --- running a Big Al's Computer! Hahahahahahha....die sucker.....hahahahha....ahhhhhhh
    bigal, Feb 22, 2006
  5. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Al... Did you forget that in every game you were in last place? :)

    Ahem, mostly the servers I play on are *Devils*, Moongamers, A41 and then occasionally just whatever has a low ping and enough players. I try to avoid servers if they're on either the El Alamin map or that one in France that's mostly open fields as I don't care for those two maps at all.
    The Modfather, Feb 23, 2006
  6. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I wasn't in last place every time. I just got tired when you finally entered the game around 8 PM. You didn't see me in top form.

    Hey, wasn't it fun when we started jumping in front of each other? I wonder how that looked to the other players? I bet someone thought it was like a secret greeting or secret handshake. We'll have to do that everytime we enter a new server / game on the same side. It's good for a few laughs until someone puts a bullet through your head....
    bigal, Feb 23, 2006
  7. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Hahahaha, yeah, that's true. :) Was funny though. Ever do a pose? You get everyone to cooperate and find a place to pose for a screen shot to post on forums and so forth. We used to do that in City of Heroes a lot, since you can have unique looking characters and all. :)
    The Modfather, Feb 24, 2006
  8. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Nope. Never done that. I would expect we'd all look the same in COD2. I bet my character would be losing his hair, underneath the helmet....
    bigal, Feb 24, 2006
  9. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Greg will be available for gaming Saturday night. We need a list of servers to join, and since everyone has favorites, lets start posting some names of the servers and everyone should try connecting to them Saturday afternoon to see if they work for all of us. If we can't agree on something, we'll start with that server we used last time (ukc-extreme or something like that). If you want the group to use your favorite game server, now is the time to post it here for us to try.

    Official start time: 6PM (maybe just a few people early on)
    Official end time: 10PM (could go longer)

    Get all your "honey-do's" out of the way by 5PM Saturday so you can prepare yourself mentally for the trashing you are about to receive from BigAl.

    It would really help if all members could post their phone numbers and e-mail addresses. We need to be able to communicate with each other if a server gives us problems - jumping around will lose people.

    Allen: 703-569-4492 (scummins@cox.net)
    Greg: ??
    Mike (Modfather): ??
    Mike B (from Allen's work): ??
    Nathan (unholy, Australia): +61 7 3206 4235 (STD Bitachs) (unholy@unholystudios.com)
    Tom: 703-569-4492 (scummins@cox.net) - Allen's #1 son
    Chris: 703-569-4492 (scummins@coxl.net) - Allen's #2 son

    unholy: i added mine in :), also fixed up a few things :p

    (c) 2006 Big Al Productions​
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2006
    bigal, Feb 24, 2006
  10. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    I wont have a legal copy by then, but i could try and play with a ilegal?
    unholy, Feb 25, 2006
  11. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I don't know if you can play, but go ahead and try. See what your ping rate is before it gets late for you. If it works, then set your alarm and get up to join the gaming.

    We'll have the order of servers posted in this topic by 5PM Saturday night (EST). I expect that we'll try 2-3 servers this time.
    bigal, Feb 25, 2006
  12. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    I won't be up that early Al, sorry. I'm not getting up until around 8pm at the moment. I might show up late.

    Post the server here and I'll check as soon as I get down tomorrow and pop on.
    The Modfather, Feb 25, 2006
  13. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    8 PM is ok, and I'll be looking for you (don't forget that it's 13 jumps this time when we do the official greeting). I'll try to save my wrist long enough to impress the masses this time.

    Make sure you go to the right server, according to the schedule that we'll be posting by 5PM EST. Early birds start gaming at 6PM.
    bigal, Feb 25, 2006
  14. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    It looks like nobody has suggested another server yet. I just checked "UKC-XTREME1" and there are about 15 people in it. I suggest we try there for a while, and if you get an error message "for low ping only", try again. That's a common message and you can usually get in on the 2nd try.

    We'll try to find another server around 8:30 to 9PM tonight, once Modfather enters the fray....
    bigal, Feb 25, 2006
  15. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    The gaming has been going on for more that 3 hours now. Uncle Greg is doing well, but Bigal is getting his butt kicked. We have stayed on the "UKC-Xtreme1" server, since nobody suggested a replacement.

    Also, no secret greetings yet.
    bigal, Feb 26, 2006
  16. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    We are now switching over to "PREDATORSALLIANCE". See if you can find that server. There are two of them, so chose the one that has players in it...duh.
    bigal, Feb 26, 2006
  17. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    It's 1am, I couldn't get on, if you're on now I'll see you on there if I can find you. Doubt it but it might happen.
    The Modfather, Feb 26, 2006
  18. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I got off around 11:30PM. My boys stayed on until 01:30. It was tons of fun, but my right wrist got tired.
    bigal, Feb 26, 2006
  19. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    I saw Greg on there, I talked to him but he never responded. The server was laggy so I left after 30 mins. Ah well. We need to find a nice fast server we can all use and not suffer from lag. Have you tried any of the ones I listed?
    The Modfather, Feb 27, 2006
  20. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Listed where? I asked people to post them here, but nobody did.
    bigal, Feb 27, 2006