    the "Hip Hop Industry"?!?! The sticker on the cover made me wonder if
    I was buying a new 2-Disc SE of Friday or possibly even Booty Call.
    LOL.

    Chop Top, Oct 2, 2003

  2. Chop Top

    Jay G Guest

    "Chop Top" <> wrote ...
    > Could someone tell me what the @#$% Scarface has anything to do with
    > the "Hip Hop Industry"?!?! The sticker on the cover made me wonder if
    > I was buying a new 2-Disc SE of Friday or possibly even Booty Call.

    The film Scarface heavily influenced the gangsta rapper genre.
    The most blatant example is of course the rapper Scarface:
    http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=60594138

    -Jay

    Jay G, Oct 2, 2003

  3. Chop Top

    Chop Top Guest

    I know it influenced, my question was "why"?

    Chop Top, Oct 2, 2003
  4. Chop Top

    Jay G Guest

    "Chop Top" <> wrote ...
    > I know it influenced, my question was "why"?

    That wasn't your question, your question was:

    > >> Could someone tell me what the @#$% Scarface has anything to do with
    > >> the "Hip Hop Industry"?!?!

    It seemed from that post that you were ignorant of the
    influence the film had on the hip-hop industry. Also
    not the complete lack of the word "why" in your
    original question.

    -Jay

    Jay G, Oct 2, 2003
  5. Chop Top

    Jeeters Guest

    "Chop Top" <> wrote in message
    > I know it influenced, my question was "why"?

    Maybe watch the Hip Hop extras and it'll explain it to you.

    Jeeters, Oct 2, 2003
  6. On Thu, 2 Oct 2003 07:03:10 -0500, "Jay G" <> wrote:

    >"Chop Top" <> wrote ...
    >> I know it influenced, my question was "why"?

    >That wasn't your question, your question was:

    >It seemed from that post that you were ignorant of the
    >influence the film had on the hip-hop industry. Also
    >not the complete lack of the word "why" in your
    >original question.

    Personally I gor the Scarface gift set for the 1931 Scarface, plus,
    unbelievably, I've never seen the Pacino Scarface, and this seemed a
    good way to get into it. I could give less than a Fig's Ass about the
    "Origins of HipHop" and was astonished by the amount of attention
    given to that on the box notes and on the disc.

    . Steve ..

    Steve(JazzHunter), Oct 2, 2003
  7. Chop Top

    Nyder Guest

    Why don't you watch the fuckin documentary and find out moron

    Nyder, Oct 2, 2003
  8. On Thu, 2 Oct 2003 15:33:30 -0700, "Nyder" <> wrote:

    >Why don't you watch the fuckin documentary and find out moron
    >

    >"Chop Top" <> wrote in message
    >> I know it influenced, my question was "why"?
    >>

    >> On Thu, 2 Oct 2003 00:18:07 -0500, "Jay G" <> wrote:
    >>

    >> >"Chop Top" <> wrote ...
    >> >
    >> >The film Scarface heavily influenced the gangsta rapper genre.
    >> >The most blatant example is of course the rapper Scarface:
    >> >http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=60594138
    >> >
    >> >-Jay

    Go eat dog shit, inbreed

    Doc Speedbyrd

    Monsewer Byrd, Oct 3, 2003
  9. Chop Top

    WinningerR Guest

    You'll notice that just about all of the hip hoppers interviewed in the
    "documentary" are signed to rap label Def Jam. Def Jam is owned by the
    Universal Music Group and SCARFACE is a Universal release. Def Jam is hawking a
    new CD of "gangsta rap inspired by the movie Scarface" and using the SCARFACE
    DVD (released by its sister company) to promote the CD. That's why you see all
    the hip hop content on the SCARFACE DVD. In other words, the hip hop
    documentary is basically a commercial.

    WinningerR, Oct 14, 2003
  10. Just what the world needs.....more "gangsta rap"...

    I bought the DVD and have never, ever....considered
    watching the hip hop content.

    Adrian

    Adrian S. Kuiper, Oct 14, 2003
  11. Too bad we cannot erase that section like we could on VHS.

    Ratmaster2000, Oct 14, 2003
  12. Chop Top

    Phil7101 Guest

    >> Just what the world needs.....more "gangsta rap"...
    >>
    >> I bought the DVD and have never, ever....considered
    >> watching the hip hop content.

    I actually did watch it out of morbid curiosity, and it seems that most of
    these rappers don't have a clue what the movie is even about.

    Phil7101, Oct 14, 2003
  13. I think your last sentence has six words too many!!

    Adrian

    Adrian S. Kuiper, Oct 14, 2003
  14. > Just what the world needs.....more "gangsta rap"...

    > I bought the DVD and have never, ever....considered
    > watching the hip hop content.

    Whose smart idea was it to get rid of a Laurent Bouzereau documentary to make
    room for rappers talking about the film?

    Remove "moc" to reply.

    Whoever says "Nothing is impossible" has never tried to slam a
    revolving door.
    - Willy Walker

    Sydney Assbasket, Oct 15, 2003
  15. Chop Top

    Dunf Guest

    > You'll notice that just about all of the hip hoppers interviewed in the
    > "documentary" are signed to rap label Def Jam. Def Jam is owned by the
    > Universal Music Group and SCARFACE is a Universal release. Def Jam is

    hawking a
    > new CD of "gangsta rap inspired by the movie Scarface" and using the

    SCARFACE
    > DVD (released by its sister company) to promote the CD. That's why you see

    all
    > the hip hop content on the SCARFACE DVD. In other words, the hip hop
    > documentary is basically a commercial.

    NO, it's a Whatupdogumentary.

    Dunf, Oct 16, 2003