    edition, or is there another one that is closer to the uncut theatrical
    release?

    NOTE: I recall there were multiple version of this film.
    Pat, Jun 30, 2004

  2. Pat

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    "Pat" <> wrote in message
    news:JZpEc.41926$...
    > Is the R-rated Scarface 20th Anniversary Edition R1/NTSC DVD the uncut
    > edition, or is there another one that is closer to the uncut

    theatrical
    > release?
    >
    > NOTE: I recall there were multiple version of this film.

    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086250/trivia

    "The film was given an X rating 3 times (original, 2nd, and 3rd cuts) by
    the MPAA until director Brian De Palma pulled in a panel of experts,
    including real narcotics officers, who stated that the film was an
    accurate portrayal of real life and should be widely seen. This
    convinced the 20 members of the ratings board to give it an R rating by
    a vote of 18-2. DePalma then decided to release the original version of
    the film, since all 3 versions had been given an X rating and he felt
    the differences were insignificant."
    Joshua Zyber, Jun 30, 2004